X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
    Ridiculous approach to what happened tonight. Team is jelling. Climb aboard. Even if they lose next weekend its clear the kids have learned how to be college players and the coaches get credit for that. Next year bodes well. Scaring the poop out of OSU is fun to watch.
    They've played better but its way too late this season.

Here's what ridiculous:

TG / Oz are 62-70-12. By far the worst winning percentage in modern era of Wisconsin hockey. Oh and if you follow the weekly stats they're in the bottom 10 of 60 teams in goals against, save%, shots allowed, and penalty kill rate.

Completely unacceptable with this team and resources.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Oh and booya, have you watched Caufield away from the puck? Or on defense?

You even post the laziness of Miller but give Caufield a pass.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

There was also one of the goals on Friday where three guys stood in front of Lebedeff and let a guy walk into the slot for a snipe.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          They've played better but its way too late this season.

Here's what ridiculous:

TG / Oz are 62-70-12. By far the worst winning percentage in modern era of Wisconsin hockey. Oh and if you follow the weekly stats they're in the bottom 10 of 60 teams in goals against, save%, shots allowed, and penalty kill rate.

Completely unacceptable with this team and resources.
          Comparing to the past is a lost cause. Parity in DI is off the charts. There are no gimmes in the Big 10. Wcha at the time had Alaska A, Minny State, Mich Tech, and Duluth a lot of the time.St Cloud only got good in the past 10 years or so. They were gimme sweeps. Now we play in a tough conference and play top 10 non con every year. You have to measure that against what it was. Quality DI goal tender would have brought 10 more wins this season.

Weekly stats reflect the toughest schedule out there and 18 year olds. TG is soft on the guys yes , but that is not the reason they are in last place.

Comment

Caufiled does not get a pass. Has been lazy away from the puck and sulked when he did not score. It cost him big time with the Habs. He will grow up and be a better player.

Comment

Funny no one complains about the opponents defense when they quote "let the Badgers score". Two way street boys.

Comment

comparing to the past is a lost cause. Parity in di is off the charts. There are no gimmes in the big 10. Wcha at the time had alaska a, minny state, mich tech, and duluth a lot of the time.st cloud only got good in the past 10 years or so. They were gimme sweeps. Now we play in a tough conference and play top 10 non con every year. You have to measure that against what it was. Quality di goal tender would have brought 10 more wins this season.

Weekly stats reflect the toughest schedule out there and 18 year olds. Tg is soft on the guys yes , but that is not the reason they are in last place.
                lol..... who’s goalies are these? The defense turns it over and gives up odd man rushes all day.

Maybe they need to change their recruiting or strategy because this isn’t working. Look at Mankato. Since Hastings took over not one season under .500 after taking over a team that had like 7 seasons prior under .500.
                Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-01-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Funny no one complains about the opponents defense when they quote "let the Badgers score". Two way street boys.
                  If you’re going to be last in defense you better be first in offense. They’re not even in the top ten. Yep it’s a two way street.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    Oh and booya, have you watched Caufield away from the puck? Or on defense?

You even post the laziness of Miller but give Caufield a pass.
                    I don't give him a pass. However, I'm more lenient with him because when he has the puck on his stick 87.49% of the time he is helping the team. Miller is a detriment with and without the puck. Miller plays the position where being good defensively is far more important than a winger being good defensively. Caufield is one-dimensional, can you argue that Miller has even one dimension that is decent in his game? Seriously think about that for a second.

Comment

• Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                      Comparing to the past is a lost cause. Parity in DI is off the charts. There are no gimmes in the Big 10. Wcha at the time had Alaska A, Minny State, Mich Tech, and Duluth a lot of the time.St Cloud only got good in the past 10 years or so. They were gimme sweeps. Now we play in a tough conference and play top 10 non con every year. You have to measure that against what it was. Quality DI goal tender would have brought 10 more wins this season.

Weekly stats reflect the toughest schedule out there and 18 year olds. TG is soft on the guys yes , but that is not the reason they are in last place.
                      Parity is an excuse. Denver, North Dakota, Duluth et al deal with the modern landscape and succeed just fine. MSU is not great, tOSU is not great, Norte Dame is so so as is Michigan. C’mon! Wisconsin is loaded with talent (at least according to the coaches and pundits) and what happened?

Frosh who don’t Buy in. Guys like Miller, Dhoogie, Kalynuk who regress instead of progress etc
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

BC fan checking in here. Is the general consensus with Wisco people they want to move on from Granato or want to give him more time? I know Eaves got a little stale but curious to hear a current mindset with Granato.

Have seen a lot of BU fans already clamoring for a firing and didn’t know what the consensus was with Wisco people who’ve given it more time than them

Comment

There’s no consensus here (hence the thread title).

But I don’t think there’s any question that we’ve never seen a four year stretch of someone doing less with more than we’ve seen since Granato took the helm.

Eaves final 4 years were worse overall from a win% standpoint, but at least he got to the NCAAs in that timespan.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

I think the ****tiness of the defense behind him (and, yes, the anemic nature of his own two-way play that’s only improved slightly) hurts our view of Caufield.

He’s definitely the most offensively gifted first rounder we’ve had since Heatley, and it shows in his numbers (granted, he also has more of a high profile role than most other blue-chippers, and his numbers are boosted by that weird Merrimack game, but still…)

Freshman numbers from the other first round forwards (all but one played two seasons)

Caufield: 19G, 36pts (34 GP so far)
                            Turcotte: 9G, 26pts (27 GP so far)
                            Kunin: 19G, 32pts (35 GP)
                            Frederic: 15G, 33pts (30 GP)
                            Kerdiles: 11G, 33pts (32 GP) (actually a 2nd rounder)
                            Turris: 11G, 35pts (36 GP)
                            Skille: 13 G, 21pts (41 GP)
                            Heatley: 28G, 56pts (38 GP)

Comment

Caufield staying gives your coach at least one more season guaranteed

Comment

Our future depends on whether Caufield thinks he might find Laval wonderful this time of year.

Comment

Working...
                                X