X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Why Chester? So sad. So many great songs never to be written and performed.

UW played GREAT the first period, like crap the last 2 periods (shocker), zero offensive pressure; got killed on faceoffs, even Perrin on the radio was saying how they were losing them time after time and the W wasn't getting to his man in time. But Lebby had some great saves and Holloway showed an NHL shot on the game winner. I swear it went right through Jones. He better go to the ER, he's gonna need to get 2 holes sewed up.
    Jones played better last night but clear Fridays GWG beat him cleanly low glove side. Pass and the shot was superior. I was there. Holloway is the best player on this team and the only freshman playing even close to his potential of the forwards.

Comment

Luke Kunin had better year personally and had more team impact than ANY of the superstars on this team. He stayed a second year. I’m not sure I want them to stay given the state of things, but I don’t see anything but a lot of bus rides in the future without more improvement.

I agree about Holloway. I like his overall game more than the others. He had his share of eff ups, but that is expected to some degree. He, unlike the others, has shown some marked development since the break.
      Last edited by srkbadger; 02-16-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
        Luke Kunin had better year personally and had more team impact than ANY of the superstars on this team. He stayed a second year. I’m not sure I want them to stay given the state of things, but I don’t see anything but a lot of bus rides in the future without more improvement.

I agree about Holloway. I like his overall game more than the others. He had his share of eff ups, but that is expected to some degree. He, unlike the others, has shown some marked development since the break.
        Agree Kunin was better but he had Freddy and better defense. This team has flat lazy players on the ise. You know who they are and its killed this team. This time around along with ineffective coaching. That measuring stick is the lack of progress the kids have made over the past 3 years during the season. They should watch Nodak play . That is the standard right now in the sport we love. NoDak is my pick for the title , consider Cornell, BC and Denver of course and a few more. Michigan and Minnesota are best in our league right now. .

Comment

• Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
          Michigan and Minnesota are best in our league right now.
          The gophs are making their move with 2nd year coach Motzko. Meanwhile, with a 4th year coach we're in last place, a ****ty team in quicksand with better players "on paper".

....and there's NoDak; never blinking, always reloading.

I just ****ed myself off more about this program.
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-16-2020, 05:31 PM.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            I turned on BTN+ and the first thing that was said was "Tony Granato has 57 wins.... He's done a great job at Wisconsin." THE FIRST THING. People really drink the kool-aid.
            Couple weeks ago the head BTN studio guy at intermission said "with all the young talent the future is looking bright for Wisconsin."

It's BTN thing where they want to say positive things about all the schools. You don't hear many BTN guys going off on teams in any sport. I get it they want to stay positive for all the teams and that's cool. Its incorrect but it's understandable.

I miss Adam Burish announcing. Andrenga does a great job but I don't think Burisch would have been able to control himself and pull any punches toward the end of this season. He has to hate what's happened here.
            Last edited by druzy192; 02-16-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

One imagines that his gig for the Blackhawks is a better one.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                RECORD AFTER GETTING SWEPT BY THE WOLVERINES:

Record: 10-17-1 (5-14-1-1 - 17pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
                GF/GA: 85/105
                USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
                USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
                PWR: 37 (-2)
                RPI: 37 (-2)
                KRACH: 32 (-2)
                Scoring: 3.04 GPG; T21st (+1)
                Defense: 3.75 GAPG; 58th (-5)
                Power Play Goals: 21; T26th (+2)
                Power Play Rate: 21.65% (21 of 97); 20th (+3)
                Penalty Kill Rate: 77.00% (77 of 100), 49th (-2)
                Penalty Min per Game: 13.11; T13th (1st is worst) (-3)
                Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T8th (-1)
                Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T28th (1st is worst) (+2)
                Team Faceoff: 47.9%; T49th (-1)
                RECORD AFTER SPLITTING WITH PED STATE:

Record: 11-18-1 (6-15-1-1 - 20pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
                GF/GA: 91/111
                PWR: 37 (n/c)
                RPI: 37 (n/c)
                KRACH: 30 (+2)
                Scoring: 3.03 GPG; T20th (+1)
                Defense: 3.70 GAPG; 57th (+1)
                Power Play Goals: 21; T30th (-4)
                Power Play Rate: 20.39% (21 of 103); 22nd (-2)
                Penalty Kill Rate: 77.88% (81 of 104), 47th (+2)
                Penalty Min per Game: 12.50; 16th (1st is worst) (+3)
                Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T8th (n/c)
                Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T30th (1st is worst) (+2)
                Team Faceoff: 48.4%; T43rd (+6)
                Shots Allowed: 975; 53rd
                Save %: .886; T54th
                Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-17-2020, 12:43 PM.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

RECORD AFTER SPLITTING WITH PED STATE:

Record: 11-18-1 (6-15-1-1 - 20pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
                  GF/GA: 91/111
                  PWR: 37 (n/c)
                  RPI: 37 (n/c)
                  KRACH: 30 (+2)
                  Scoring: 3.03 GPG; T20th (+1)
                  Defense: 3.70 GAPG; 57th (+1)
                  Power Play Goals: 21; T30th (-4)
                  Power Play Rate: 20.39% (21 of 103); 22nd (-2)
                  Penalty Kill Rate: 77.88% (81 of 104), 47th (+2)
                  Penalty Min per Game: 12.50; 16th (1st is worst) (+3)
                  Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T8th (n/c)
                  Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T30th (1st is worst) (+2)
                  Team Faceoff: 48.4%; T43rd (+6)
                  Where do they stand in shots allowed?
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

saw this in Women's BB at Buckyville:

"It's looking as though this program is falling further into the abyss, if that was even possible. I had high hopes for Coach JT, but could his tenure be near the end? Not sure of his contractual situation, but it's hard to measure any real improvement from the last coach (who I completely understand is as much to blame for this as anyone). Also, as we've seen, changing coaches hasn't been an antidote for success. How long should it take, and are their markers to show progress that aren't obvious? I haven't been as engaged in this program as I used to be (the lack of success does take a toll among other factors), so maybe I'm missing something? Kudos to the kids lacing them up and competing for Bucky."

Sounds about right for hockey as well.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Where do they stand in shots allowed?
                      added to the list of stats:

Shots Allowed: 975; 53rd
                      Save %: .886; T54th

Comment

Buccigross listing of top 20 American-born hockey players... 3 Badgers on the list: Mark Johnson, Mike Richter, Chris Chelios … and I hope I didn't miss anyone.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...thers-rank-all
                        St. Norbert College Green Knights
                        NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                        NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                        NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                        ---
                        SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

In more positive news, Pavelski is 5 goals away from setting the all-time record for most goals by a former Badger in the NHL.

So, that's one decent bit of Badgers related news.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Per Todd Milewski (per @BTrippTweets)

"Badgers are 3-2 in non-conference games against teams in the top 20 of the current pairwise rankings. The rest of the big ten is 4-13-3.

Against the top 10, the badgers are also 3-2; the rest of the big ten is 0-10-1."

That screams that the coaches can't get these guys motivated to play against everyone, just the top dogs.

Comment

saw this in Women's BB at Buckyville:

"It's looking as though this program is falling further into the abyss, if that was even possible. I had high hopes for Coach JT, but could his tenure be near the end? Not sure of his contractual situation, but it's hard to measure any real improvement from the last coach (who I completely understand is as much to blame for this as anyone). Also, as we've seen, changing coaches hasn't been an antidote for success. How long should it take, and are their markers to show progress that aren't obvious? I haven't been as engaged in this program as I used to be (the lack of success does take a toll among other factors), so maybe I'm missing something? Kudos to the kids lacing them up and competing for Bucky."

Sounds about right for hockey as well.
                              The difference is the WBB team can't decent recruits to come here. BMH has excellent recruits.....on paper.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                In more positive news, Pavelski is 5 goals away from setting the all-time record for most goals by a former Badger in the NHL.

So, that's one decent bit of Badgers related news.
                                On NBCsn last night, when Craig Smith scored the Preds first goal, (by the way Kyle Turris scored the 2nd and winning goal) Pierre and the PXP guy went off about Craig's 2 years in Madison and how many of his Badger teammates are in the NHL. I believe it's 6 or 7.
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-17-2020, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X