This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

I'm no psychologist, but I play one on USCHO. He's obviously beyond frustrated. Lots of shoulder shrugging, lip clenching, searching for the politically correct words; it's got to be grinding on him. I'm sure he's challenged the players, but has somebody challenged him?

(I mean somebody significant, not us.)
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      I'm no psychologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. He's obviously beyond frustrated. Lots of shoulder shrugging, lip clenching, searching for the politically correct words; it's got to be grinding on him. I'm sure he's challenged the players, but has somebody challenged him?

(I mean somebody significant, not us.)
      I fixed your post, I love those old commercials. To me, he and Oz should have enough tricks in the old toolbox to come up with solutions or have some old salty coaching buddies to lean on. We give BA a lot crap but he's was a heck of a coach who has seen just about everything, maybe he has some wise words. The thing is, many many many of these players are coming back next year, so they need to figure it out or it's just groundhog day all season long next year.

He's pretty lucky that he only has 1 objective reporter asking questions, imagine if this was a bigger interest in hockey and there were 2 reporters from Madison papers and 2 from Milwaukee like years ago. Obviously Todd can't go defcon 1 with questions or they won't even talk to him.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
        I could see them making a case for replacing Strobel. I mean, I know you’re not getting Don Granato, but since Don left, there’s been struggles. Not placing blame for all those struggles on Strobel (especially the D struggles), but I could see a case for seeing if we could find a more Don-like assistant to take Strobel’s place. I mean, it seems like Oz is out on recruiting trips all the time, and I assume T.G. does quite a bit of the closing, leaving Strobel (or a new assistant) back home to run things. I’d actually be okay with T.G., Oz and a new more Don-like assistant giving it a crack.
        I’m sorry, but having a better 2nd assistant is not the cure-all. Not even close.

The rot is clearly coming from the top if these are the results and Mr Send-Em-To-The-Show is still lassiez-faire.

Can the FIB and anyone who wants to die on his ship. If that means no more Oz that means no more Oz. Hire an outside name who has actually succeeded in the NCAA recently. No more experimenting with someone just because they are a good hire.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

With the big line-up shakeup on what was The Big 1070 now The Game, (Yay, no more Milwaukee hacks!) Steve Czaban is from 6 to 9 AM. Czabe has Brian Posick on a sports report called, "Brian Knows Sports" or something like that. After some women's hockey talk, Czaban said, "Wisconsin used to be a hockey school, right?"

OOOOF, kick in the ol' family grapes. They aren't in the same studio (or maybe even the same state) but there was a definite pregnant pause.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

With the big line-up shakeup on what was The Big 1070 now The Game,.
            Dan Patrick is back on, awesome. I like that show. And I see Mike Heller got ping ponged back to the 3PM slot. I like that move too.

Comment

With the big line-up shakeup on what was The Big 1070 now The Game, (Yay, no more Milwaukee hacks!) Steve Czaban is from 6 to 9 AM. Czabe has Brian Posick on a sports report called, "Brian Knows Sports" or something like that. After some women's hockey talk, Czaban said, "Wisconsin used to be a hockey school, right?"

OOOOF, kick in the ol' family grapes. They aren't in the same studio (or maybe even the same state) but there was a definite pregnant pause.
              Rich, what day was that. I would like to go back and listen to that.

Found it early on yesterday's show.... Brian like a pro, didn't disagree with him. And this will be the 6th straight year with now playoffs. Ouch.
              Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-05-2020, 08:07 AM.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                Rich, what day was that. I would like to go back and listen to that.

Found it early on yesterday's show.... Brian like a pro, didn't disagree with him. And this will be the 6th straight year with now playoffs. Ouch.
                Yep that was it; the mention of the 6 years was the Mic drop.

Comment

Not in the top 5 for freshman scoring.....
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    I’m sorry, but having a better 2nd assistant is not the cure-all. Not even close.

The rot is clearly coming from the top if these are the results and Mr Send-Em-To-The-Show is still lassiez-faire.

Can the FIB and anyone who wants to die on his ship. If that means no more Oz that means no more Oz. Hire an outside name who has actually succeeded in the NCAA recently. No more experimenting with someone just because they are a good hire.
                    Yup. Assistants are not the problem. Granato is like Ron Zook. Great recruiter but not a good coach. Well, actually Zook had some on field success. Granatos team is in last place. Doormat of the big ten. University of Wisconsin. Hes gotta go.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Not in the top 5 for freshman scoring.....
                      That’s hilarious considering the outsized egos of Wisconsin’s vaunted freshmen class.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        He's pretty lucky that he only has 1 objective reporter asking questions, imagine if this was a bigger interest in hockey and there were 2 reporters from Madison papers and 2 from Milwaukee like years ago. Obviously Todd can't go defcon 1 with questions or they won't even talk to him.
                        If Todd's a legitimate journalist than he should ask the hard questions. That's his job. Thats what hes paid to do. And that what I told him on his facebook. There are no articles out there about Granato screwing the pooch. Theres nothing about him being the worst coaching in 40 years.

It's the truth so Milewski should tell it. If hes not a big fan of facts and telling it how it is then he should go work for the Onion. Or just be employed by the UW like Andy Baggot.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                          If Todd's a legitimate journalist than he should ask the hard questions. That's his job. Thats what hes paid to do. And that what I told him on his facebook. There are no articles out there about Granato screwing the pooch. Theres nothing about him being the worst coaching in 40 years.

It's the truth so Milewski should tell it. If hes not a big fan of facts and telling it how it is then he should go work for the Onion. Or just be employed by the UW like Andy Baggot.
                          Let’s be realistic. Todd is the only non-UW media member covering hockey. He has to be able to get access and get quotes from players and staff. He has to tread lightly. Todd does a great job and he’s pretty straight forward in his articles.

Comment

• Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                            Yup. Assistants are not the problem. Granato is like Ron Zook. Great recruiter but not a good coach. Well, actually Zook had some on field success. Granatos team is in last place. Doormat of the big ten. University of Wisconsin. Hes gotta go.
                            There is near zero chance UW buys out Granato’s contract for $2.5M after this year. I would be shocked if Barry goes that direction. I think it would be for the best for both parties but it likely isn’t happening.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              There is near zero chance UW buys out Granato’s contract for $2.5M after this year. I would be shocked if Barry goes that direction. I think it would be for the best for both parties but it likely isn’t happening.
                              Maybe it's a reflection of the value of money in today's age, but 2.5 Mil doesn't seem like all that much money. If some Boosters are miffed they will probably donate a portion of it. How much will a losing team cost UW in lost ticket/concession sales and lost advertising revenue?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                Let’s be realistic. Todd is the only non-UW media member covering hockey. He has to be able to get access and get quotes from players and staff. He has to tread lightly. Todd does a great job and he’s pretty straight forward in his articles.
                                I agree. If he goes defcon 1, they will just shut him out. There isn't much sugar in what he is writing.

Comment

Working...
                                X