X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I don't like yanking goalies. All you do is destroy confidence. And when they both struggle, I think it just breeds bad juju on the whole team.
    Worked for MN tonight.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Something's gotta give. This is a pile of crap.
      Granato has to go is what needs to give. One goalie coach or assistant isn't gonna change this debacle.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
        Granato has to go is what needs to give. One goalie coach or assistant isn't gonna change this debacle.
        Granato needs to go. It’s over. Game over.

Comment

Case closed. And it breaks my heart because TG was and still is my all-time favorite badger hockey player but the U needs to move on and all 3 guys need to go.

I understand Barry “I’m not a hockey guy” Alvarez doesn’t care about the state of this team or stewardship of its legacy, but **** dollars must talk right? I sure hope ex-players are calling in now because 4 years is more than enough with these resources + 3 1st round draft picks.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

For those of you FINALLY calling for Tony's head, what took you so long? Welcome to the club.
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-31-2020, 10:07 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

What is his contract status? Just curious about buyout.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Case closed. And it breaks my heart because TG was and still is my all-time favorite badger hockey player but the U needs to move on and all 3 guys need to go. .
                Bart Starr is still one of my top 2 or 3 Packers. Wasn't a good coach.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  What is his contract status? Just curious about buyout.
                  It would cost UW around $2.5 million for his remaining 4 years after the end of this season.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Bart Starr is still one of my top 2 or 3 Packers. Wasn't a good coach.
                    💥! Exactly. This is tough to watch and as negative as i’ve Been (I want winners!!!) i’m Incredibly saddened by this turn of events because I really wanted Tony to succeed and be here for 20 years.

Ugh...

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      For those of you FINALLY calling for Tony's head, what took you so long? Welcome to the club.
                      I bought into the deal that he hadn't gotten his first true recruiting class in yet until this year. And that was the reason. Which is blinders on B.S. Its Tony Granato man. I figured we'd be in at least a final 4 by now.

Comment

Alvarez is in an interesting position. The basketball program isn't relevant anymore nationally. Hockey team is below being relevant.

What's he gonna do? Be a wimp or actually make some changes? I'd lean toward he keeps both guys. But the kohl is empty for hockey. And I've seen empty seats at bbal. Gard wasn't his choice, but Granato was.

I expect him to keep them both. But if he were to fire one of them I'd lean toward Gard as weird as it sounds record wise.

Comment

Alvarez is in an interesting position. The basketball program isn't relevant anymore nationally. Hockey team is below being relevant.

What's he gonna do? Be a wimp or actually make some changes? I'd lean toward he keeps both guys. But the kohl is empty for hockey. And I've seen empty seats at bbal. Gard wasn't his choice, but Granato was.

I expect him to keep them both. But if he were to fire one of them I'd lean toward Gard as weird as it sounds record wise.
                          How was Gard BA’s choice? He could have named him interim coach and opened up a search at the end of the season when Ryan pulled a Dick Bennett.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            How was Gard BA’s choice? He could have named him interim coach and opened up a search at the end of the season when Ryan pulled a Dick Bennett.
                            I said "Gard wasn't his choice, but Granato was."

"His" is Alvarez.

Alvarez didn't have to keep him.... but he kinda had to give him at least a year based on Bo essentially vouching for him. And the fan support. On Gards first game they gave him a standing ovation. And then he turned the season around and made the tourney.

Anyway. Wisco should be better with both programs. Alvarez is in charge of the department so it reflects on him if they suck. Hes a winner so maybe he'll do something about it. Like I said it's an interesting situation.
                            Last edited by druzy192; 02-01-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Worked for MN tonight.
                              Even a blind rodent gets a dried up corn kernel once and a while. I don't like coaches who play mind games with goalies.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Even a blind rodent gets a dried up corn kernel once and a while. I don't like coaches who play mind games with goalies.
                                Post game, tBob said Laffy was skitterish with his feet and fighting the puck a little too much, that's why he pulled him.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X