X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I don't believe so. Barry A went to TG for ideas and ended up offering him the job. I don't know if they really looked deeper than that or who did apply. I like Gwoz, don't know about the age factor.
    Maybe it's just me but I will NEVER believe the story of Barry going to TG for ideas and then he just happened to say, why not you? Not that it's a stretch but at the public reception when Barry was talking about how it went down it seemed like he was full of bull%$%^ about it, and how the situation with Mark Johnson applying for the job went down. At the time I didn't care, I thought we just hired the coaching dream team. I think this was in the making well before the hire but had to be kept under wraps because of contracts.
    Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      RECORD AFTER GETTING SWEPT BY THE GOOFERS:

Record: 10-15-1 (5-12-1-1 - 17pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
      GF/GA: 78/92
      USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
      USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
      PWR: 35 (-4)
      RPI: 35 (-3)
      KRACH: 30 (-5)
      Scoring: 3.00 GPG; 22nd (-2)
      Defense: 3.54 GAPG; 53rd (-1)
      Power Play Goals: 19; T28th (-3)
      Power Play Rate: 20.2a% (19 of 94); 23rd (n/c)
      Penalty Kill Rate: 78.12% (75 of 96), 47th (+1)
      Penalty Min per Game: 13.81; 10th (1st is worst) (+1)
      Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T7th (-1)
      Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T24th (1st is worst) (+2)
      Team Faceoff: 47.8%; 48th (-1)

I have nothing positive to say so I will just say nothing.
      RECORD AFTER GETTING SWEPT BY THE WOLVERINES:

Record: 10-17-1 (5-14-1-1 - 17pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
      GF/GA: 85/105
      USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
      USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
      PWR: 37 (-2)
      RPI: 37 (-2)
      KRACH: 32 (-2)
      Scoring: 3.04 GPG; T21st (+1)
      Defense: 3.75 GAPG; 58th (-5)
      Power Play Goals: 21; T26th (+2)
      Power Play Rate: 21.65% (21 of 97); 20th (+3)
      Penalty Kill Rate: 77.00% (77 of 100), 49th (-2)
      Penalty Min per Game: 13.11; T13th (1st is worst) (-3)
      Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T8th (-1)
      Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T28th (1st is worst) (+2)
      Team Faceoff: 47.9%; T49th (-1)

A few stats that jump out. 58th of 60 teams on defense. 49th in penalty kill. -20 in goal differential. 5 wins in 20 Big7 games. Yikes.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Tony press conference from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Thanks, WiscTJK;

RECORD 10-17-1 + 58th of 60 teams on defense + 49th in penalty kill + -20 in goal differential +5 wins in 20 Big7 games = EPIC PROGRAM FAILURE.

After we get swept by Ped State, AZ State will come here and see a 15,500 hockey facility with 4000 or 5000 in attendance. Instead of coming to "powerhouse" Wisconsin with that deer-in-headlights look, they'll be skating around thinking, "What's the big ****ing deal about this place?"

Time to bring in the cleaning lady and scrub top to bottom.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/427-w...**************

Wisconsin Hockey Hour "We played pretty darn good hockey." Tony Granato talking about last weekend (8:20 - 9:15 or so). Then throws Lebby under the bus again.
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-12-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              Then throws Lebby under the bus again.
              So tired of this coaching staff hanging the goalies out to dry. I have never been less interested in the hockey program and that is just sad.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

CUJO couldn’t help this team because they make poor decisions in the D zone, are incredibly lazy and have a few forwards more concerned with the name on the back of their jersey than the one stitched diagonally down the front.

If Granato thinks the goalies are inept then he needs to change the style of play to adspt until a good or great goalie comes in.

Having said that, he’s had 4 years which is time enough for anyone to turn the ship around and start climbing that mountain and training puppies.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Wisconsin Hockey Hour "We played pretty darn good hockey." Tony Granato talking about last weekend (8:20 - 9:15 or so). Then throws Lebby under the bus again.
                  TG recruited him, UW needs to coach the goalies up. He's doing NOTHING to help either. Lebby's play is on TG. Plus as I have said recently and now Solo too, if your goalie is a weak link, change the system and allow 25-30 shots a game not 35-40. MI Tech is ranked 11 in team D and gives up 26 per game. 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mankato is #1 in team D, they give up 22 shots per game. 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UW gives up 32 shots per game. Hmmmmm, which system is better for winning hockey games, one that allows opponents to shoot more or less pucks on the goal? I'm just not sure. This info all on it's own means TG must be fired. What kind of numb-nuts can't see how f'ed up this concept is.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    TG recruited him, UW needs to coach the goalies up. He's doing NOTHING to help either. Lebby's play is on TG.
                    This is what worries me about incoming goalies, Tim. (Not to mention Noah Grannan might not come at all). Goaltending coaching. As you know, goaltending is probably the most specialized position on a team and we don't have anybody coaching these guys. Like a good pitching coach or batting coach, a goalie coach will notice things in a goalie's positioning and movements. If he's in a slump or just plain sucks, a coach would straighten him out.

You can have all the snipers you want, but you aren't going to score 5 or 6 every night to covers your goaltending inefficiencies.

That said, the goaltenders aren't the only problem on the team.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

"I liked the way we played" "We did alot alot alot of good things" "We had control of the game" "Things haven't gone our way" "We're in a good place right now"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        So tired of this coaching staff hanging the goalies out to dry. I have never been less interested in the hockey program and that is just sad.
                        Well they don't have much of a choice, doing anything else would put the spotlight on themselves. Easier to blame the netminder and hope we just simmer down about everything else.

Comment

Granato is now actively hurting this program.

I’d take back Eaves in a heartbeat.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

To be fair, if there was ever a weekend for the goalie to be thrown under the bus, it was this past weekend. Lebbedeff knew they were in a tight spot with Berry out and has repeatedly said himself that he needs to rise to an occasion like that, and instead he laid an egg Friday night.

Comment

Odds that he puts up Mike Richter finalist numbers for the school he transfers to after Granato cuts him?
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                May I kindly ask what is he supposed to say?
                                "We've let the fans down and were going to make some changes to turn this thing around" would be a good start.

Or start throwing elbows at the guys who keep making mistakes. I don't care just do something different!

Maybe start acting like the fiesty Tont Granato who played on the ice rather than the half dead guy on the bench. He doesn't even yell at the refs when they do something stupid. Sauer used to go bananas at the refs... (and then be friends with them after). It's how you tilt the ice a little bit toward the other teams net.
                                Last edited by druzy192; 02-12-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X