This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    I caught about 10-15 minutes of the game last night on a free stream...

Caufield is a sniper but nowhere near the level of an Oshie or Toews in that he plays so selfishly and one dimensional it’s difficult to fathom his game translating to the NHL.

Miller makes so many dumb passes I almost wonder how he was a 1st rounder.

I’ve come around on Achan, make him the Captain next season.

Turcotte disappears for stretches as does Dhoogie and the defense overall leave the goalies hung to dry far too often.

As far as selfish play from the one and dones they make Zent, Schier, Moore, Tucker, Fairchild, MacDonald et al look like the 90 team by comparison to today’s.
    Comparing Caufield to Toews is like comparing Turcotte to Ovechkin. It’s just weird.

I did lol @ the Achan comment. Gotta think that conversation is what made the title of this thread. All in good fun, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      Comparing Caufield to Toews is like comparing Turcotte to Ovechkin. It’s just weird.

I did lol @ the Achan comment. Gotta think that conversation is what made the title of this thread. All in good fun, of course.
      😀

How did the refs and the tv crew miss Kalynuk getting roughed when he reached down to grab his stick?
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

So we take a stupid cross checking penalty to give them 5-3 and a goal They just don’t learn.

I’m only listening, and haven’t watched how the game is unfolding but unless they have a miraculous third period their massive two game winning streak is snapped.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Same old same old. Not learning from mistakes, 0 growth year over year...

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

And that’s the game. I’ve seen more than enough from this coaching staff and the one and dones. Miller can leave too, the team will be better without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              And that’s the game. I’ve seen more than enough from this coaching staff and the one and dones. Miller can leave too, the team will be better without him.

One and dones aren't looking so one and done-ish at this point. Will NHL teams wants these guys next year? Its gonna be funny to see what happens next year if no one leaves early and they have 73 guys on the roster.

Then Granato will say he finally has the pieces in place. And he'll conveniently forget all the crap he said about this being the year.

Here's a thought: How about you just get better every year and improve a little with all the resources you have at the UW?

Cole at MSU is in his 3rd season and went from last place to 1st (as of now).

Granato is in his 4th season and went from second to last (as of now).

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

One and dones aren't looking so one and done-ish at this point. Will NHL teams wants these guys next year? Its gonna be funny to see what happens next year if no one leaves early and they have 73 guys on the roster.

Then Granato will say he finally has the pieces in place. And he'll conveniently forget all the crap he said about this being the year.

Here's a thought: How about you just get better every year and improve a little with all the resources you have at the UW?

Cole at MSU is in his 3rd season and went from last place to 1st (as of now).

Granato is in his 4th season and went from second to last (as of now).
                Excellent points!

I thought of that too, what if the NHL clubs tell these kids they need more seasoning? Where do the incoming players go?

Comment

How about you don’t take stupid penalties:

https://***********/toddmilewski/sta...080639489?s=21
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                    Is it not mind blowing that there are thoughts that say it would be good that the one and does leave? What bizzarro are we living in? 6 months ago we were hoping to have maybe one of the 3 stay for a 2nd year. Holloway is the most complete of the 3 from what I have seen.

Maybe NHL teams will be like "*** is happening to our players at WI" and they essentially pull them. How much to these NHL GM's trust TG?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Fond memories: https://youtu.be/JrlWjAi8ZK0

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Is it not mind blowing that there are thoughts that say it would be good that the one and does leave? What bizzarro are we living in? 6 months ago we were hoping to have maybe one of the 3 stay for a 2nd year. Holloway is the most complete of the 3 from what I have seen.

Maybe NHL teams will be like "*** is happening to our players at WI" and they essentially pull them. How much to these NHL GM's trust TG?
                        Exactly. They've got to see their crowning jewels ****ing the dog under this staff and say, "**** Wisconsin. Send him to the CHL and get his mojo back. He's not learning anything there."
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

https://***********/toddmilewski/sta...544663556?s=21

Comment

I don't know how this staff can remain the same next year. There will have to be changes. I'm not sure what that looks like but this B$ is unacceptable......

Comment

I thought, over all, the boys played much better this weekend. The biggest thing I noticed was they were hard in front of the opposing net. Traffic there constantly and guys not just out on drive by's, but stopping and battling for space and the puck. It was nice to see. Maybe Stroby's "Come to Jesus" talk with the F's last Saturday finally gained some traction. Outside of the penalties they were a much better team this weekend.

I thought the penalty situation yesterday was a lack of discipline at times, but also the ref's were terrible in their consistency. A ref can whistle something nearly every trip down the ice, but they are supposed to use discretion and keep the game fair and under control, not determine the outcome. I agree with Tony saying he doesn't know what to expect from officiating night to night in the B1G. There's just no consistency game to game or even play to play. By this point in the season you should be able to have an idea what they're going to call and what they're not. I have no idea, it's different every day.

On the 1st rounders: Caufield can play in the NHL right now. His total game isn't consistent enough yet or developed enough yet, but there are only a handful of guys in the world that can shoot the puck the way he can, and that's enough to get on the NHL ice. If he stays it's because of his teammates, or out of a desire to mature physically a bit more, but I don't think it will be because he doesn't have a roster spot to start the year.

Turcotte's Dad (Alfie) went up too soon and his NHL career never really got going. I don't think Alex will be in a hurry if there's some question about his game being ready, and right now he doesn't look ready. Another year would be a huge benefit to him long term.

Miller has the ability to go to the show, it just depends on how his season finishes. He could get going and dominate or he could just continue playing how he has been. It's not unusual at all for 1st round D to play 3 or 4 years NCAA, in fact it's unusual for them to play less than that. I think both he and Alex return.

Kalynuk could go pro, and probably should, as I think he has a game that's better suited to pro hockey.

I don't think that any NHL staff is worried at all about leaving their guys here to develop. They are playing the toughest schedule in NCAA and getting premier training. It's a great place for them to be.

Season has been frustrating to no end. I noticed though that if you flip just 3 losses to wins you can get the Badgers to #6 PWR right now. That's kind of crazy.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                I noticed though that if you flip just 3 losses to wins you can get the Badgers to #6 PWR right now. That's kind of crazy.
                                Where/how do you calculate this?

Comment

Working...
                                X