X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    The difference is the WBB team can't decent recruits to come here. BMH has excellent recruits.....on paper.
    This is true.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      added to the list of stats:

Shots Allowed: 975; 53rd
      Save %: .886; T54th
      Yep. 53rd in shots allowed. With all these top end guys who have the speed and goods to play at the next level, that is a damming stat.

Thanks.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• I was taking a gander at inter-conference records and pairwise and thought your conference stands a chance to actually send a number of teams in March, but this sums it up perfectly. Maybe the pairwise calculation is spot-on after all.
        What’s funny is, the NCHC and B1G hold the two best OOC records, yet look too only send 2-3 teams each.

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
        Per Todd Milewski (per @BTrippTweets)

"Badgers are 3-2 in non-conference games against teams in the top 20 of the current pairwise rankings. The rest of the big ten is 4-13-3.

Against the top 10, the badgers are also 3-2; the rest of the big ten is 0-10-1."

That screams that the coaches can't get these guys motivated to play against everyone, just the top dogs.
        I wanna go fast!

Comment

Yeah, so now a big motivator is to beat ASU to help out the rest of the B7. I don't care about the other B7 schools or how many make the NCAA's. I sure as hell don't want to help the rodents get in or any of them. What kind of screwed up world do we live in?

Comment

Im the first to admit I dont know Jack Squat about basketball. When most of my friends were shooting baskets or hunting, I was playing hockey. That said...

I watched the 2nd half of tonight's Badger BB game against Purdue. Can't recall the last time I watched 5 minutes. Granato should take his team to a BB game. I know there's been criticism of Gard and some players, but tonight these guys were diving on the floor after balls, busting ***, moving guys out and getting offensive rebounds and so on. It's called HEART. No names, not entitled boys, working hard. Tony and the boys could learn a lesson watching these guys.

Opened my eyes even more about the hockey team. This program is a FAR cry from when it was the #1 revenue producer on campus.
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-18-2020, 10:42 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

There is no way hockey was ever the number 1 revenue producer on campus

Comment

Tony Granato press conference from Monday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J1xi_RmmfU

Interesting information/comments here (read all the responses and comments):

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  Im the first to admit I dont know Jack Squat about basketball. When most of my friends were shooting baskets or hunting, I was playing hockey. That said...

I watched the 2nd half of tonight's Badger BB game against Purdue. Can't recall the last time I watched 5 minutes. Granato should take his team to a BB game. I know there's been criticism of Gard and some players, but tonight these guys were diving on the floor after balls, busting ***, moving guys out and getting offensive rebounds and so on. It's called HEART. No names, not entitled boys, working hard. Tony and the boys could learn a lesson watching these guys.

Opened my eyes even more about the hockey team. This program is a FAR cry from when it was the #1 revenue producer on campus.
                  THIS! Of all of the glaring issues with this team this is the biggest one. They have no heart. No desire. No will. And coaching can’t Fix that.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    There is no way hockey was ever the number 1 revenue producer on campus
                    Pre 1990 football was WAY under capacity and the Camp wasn't nearly as large. Basketball was getting 4 to 5000. Badger hockey had a waiting list for season tix at the 9000 seat Coliseum. We always heard hockey was #1, I'll do some research.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Tony Granato press conference from Monday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J1xi_RmmfU

Interesting information/comments here (read all the responses and comments):

The Athletic's Minnesota Hockey GURU (Michael Russo) mentioned Coach Tony Granato as a potential NHL Minn Wild replacement coach due to his relationship with GM Billy Guerin , on his latest TalkNorth Podcast !

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                        The Athletic's Minnesota Hockey GURU (Michael Russo) mentioned Coach Tony Granato as a potential NHL Minn Wild replacement coach due to his relationship with GM Billy Guerin , on his latest TalkNorth Podcast !
                        I've heard Russo up in MinneaParis....he's pretty good, but is HE speculating because of his relationship or is there actual "talk" up there? Interesting.

WOW! 4 years ago, already. Times have really changed in 4 years, eh? *Sarcasm

https://madison.com/ct/news/local/on...373c39715.html

......In those banner years — 2006, 2010 and 2014 — the Badgers were a veteran group and saw positive results.....
                        Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-19-2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Fire Granato. 4 years at the UW and can't make the playoffs is one thing. Last place and being the ***** of the conference is another.

Fire everybody

Comment

Originally posted by Bratbill View Post
                            Tony Granato

Résumé: Current University of Wisconsin coach; former Penguins and Red Wings assistant

NHL head coaching record: 104-78-17-16 (9-9 postseason record)

Granato also checks the box of having a relationship with Shero after serving as a Penguins assistant under Bylsma for five seasons. He was also briefly head coach of the Colorado Avalanche in 2002-03 and 2003-04, then again in 2008-09, but he hasn’t had another NHL head coaching gig. Instead, he moved to the college ranks, where he’s built a strong program at Wisconsin. Given his success there, plus his experience in the NHL, Granato is a name to watch if the Devils find a full-time coach in the offseason.
                            - "Devils coaching search: 5 potential candidates to become John Hynes’ full-time replacement", NJ.com, posted Dec 04, 2019 ARTICLE
                            Last edited by SteveO; 02-20-2020, 06:08 AM.

Comment

LOL, I never even considered TG's ticket out of town might be an NHL coaching job. LOL How can any NHL GM look past how bad this team plays and say he'll do any better in the NHL? If he did leave for another gig one would think BA would just have Oz take over since he is a former D1 head coach and an associate head coach right now. Fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                I've heard Russo up in MinneaParis....he's pretty good, but is HE speculating because of his relationship or is there actual "talk" up there? Interesting.

WOW! 4 years ago, already. Times have really changed in 4 years, eh? *Sarcasm

https://madison.com/ct/news/local/on...373c39715.html

......In those banner years — 2006, 2010 and 2014 — the Badgers were a veteran group and saw positive results.....
                                Thanks for posting that old article. The Minnesota series that year was just embarrassing. Never thought after Eaves was let go and we hired the dream team, that we would be where we are today (4 years later). It boggles my mind.

IMO they need a young up and coming coach who has won at USHL or D3 and knows how to improve kids and deal with kids in this day and time. Someone outside of UW......But in reality, it doesn't matter what I want as Tony will almost certainly be back.

My hope is these selfish draft picks move on and they start playing for the team instead of for themselves.
                                Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-20-2020, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X