X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Have they turned the corner?
    Too late for that. I listened to the radio and Perrin side the D play was awful Friday night. Saturday was fortunate in that UW had nearly an entire period of power play. If ASU doesn't fall apart like that it's a different game. Kinda like the Merrimack win, everyone was all on top of the world, but I watched the game and UW did not play well that game. If they sweep OSU, let's talk.

It was great to hear the Hammer played very well. It's sad Berry is probably done for the season, a tough way for a Sr to end his career. With Zimmer playing so well, the wondering in my mind goes to why didn't the staff decide to play him more earlier this year and even last year? That one shot from the end line was sick.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
      WTH happened??? The Badgers wake up when ASU comes to town??? Either the Badgers are under-rated or ASU is over-rated or some of both. Anyway, as much as I hate saying it, good sweep by your team. Good luck in the tourney, will all the games and help the Devils PWR!
      I would think along the lines of ASU is a bit over-rated, UW's record in the B7 sucks. Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        RECORD AFTER SPLITTING WITH PED STATE:

Record: 11-18-1 (6-15-1-1 - 20pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
        GF/GA: 91/111
        USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
        USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
        PWR: 37 (n/c)
        RPI: 37 (n/c)
        KRACH: 30 (+2)
        Scoring: 3.03 GPG; T20th (+1)
        Defense: 3.70 GAPG; 57th (+1)
        Power Play Goals: 21; T30th (-4)
        Power Play Rate: 20.39% (21 of 103); 22nd (-2)
        Penalty Kill Rate: 77.88% (81 of 104), 47th (+2)
        Penalty Min per Game: 12.50; 16th (1st is worst) (+3)
        Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T8th (n/c)
        Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T30th (1st is worst) (+2)
        Team Faceoff: 48.4%; T43rd (+6)
        Shots Allowed: 975; 53rd
        Save %: .886; T54th
        RECORD AFTER SWEEPING ASU:

Record: 13-18-1 (6-15-1-1 - 20pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
        GF/GA: 104/119
        USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
        USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
        PWR: 33 (+4)
        RPI: 33 (+4)
        KRACH: 22 (+8)
        Scoring: 3.25 GPG; T12th (+8)
        Defense: 3.72 GAPG; 57th (n/c)
        Power Play Goals: 23; T26th (+4)
        Power Play Rate: 20.18% (23 of 114); 22nd (n/c)
        Penalty Kill Rate: 77.39% (89 of 115), 50th (-3)
        Penalty Min per Game: 12.53; 15th (1st is worst) (+1)
        Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T9th (-1)
        Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T31st (1st is worst) (+1)
        Team Faceoff: 48.0%; 47th (-4)
        Shots Allowed: 1035; 52nd (+1)
        Save %: .885; 54th (n/c)
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Guys… the CHN probably matrix still has some non-zero chances of getting an at large bid.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ra...lityMatrix.php

Of course, the red indicator shows when they’d be ineligible for an at large bid due to having a sub-.500 record.

The odds are so small, that I can’t even tell how much overlap there is in the two figures.

It should be noted: they need to win 5 games in a row (sweep @OSU, sweep first round of the BTHC playoffs and win semis) in regulation or <5 minutes of OT, then lose the B1G title game in >5 minutes of OT just to have a .500 even record with no autobid.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Guys… the CHN probably matrix still has some non-zero chances of getting an at large bid.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ra...lityMatrix.php

Of course, the red indicator shows when they’d be ineligible for an at large bid due to having a sub-.500 record.

The odds are so small, that I can’t even tell how much overlap there is in the two figures.

It should be noted: they need to win 5 games in a row (sweep @OSU, sweep first round of the BTHC playoffs and win semis) in regulation or <5 minutes of OT, then lose the B1G title game in >5 minutes of OT just to have a .500 even record with no autobid.
            So your telling me there's a chance........Yeah!
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-24-2020, 11:38 AM.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/mandlda/status/1232009599353597953

Despite the tweet, I’m going to guess the lack of press boxes probably kills anything at the old MECCA.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/mandlda/status/1232009599353597953

Despite the tweet, I’m going to guess the lack of press boxes probably kills anything at the old MECCA.
                So what the hell is wrong with Kohl Center?

Besides that, **** Milwaukee. They dont care about hockey. Proof of that is kicking the Admirals to the curb and the Admirals only getting about 5000 at an AHL game.
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-24-2020, 01:47 PM.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I mean, I live here and literally the only reason I would go to an Admirals game is for the kids.

The whole “we don’t play meaningful games and will blast your ears with canned music all the time SO MAKE SOME NOIIIIIIIIISE!!!” kind of scene doesn’t interest me. Also explains why I rarely go to the Kohl Center anymore.

Their attendance is fine. Roughly the average for an AHL team.

Also what’s wrong with the Kohl Center is the whole moratorium on campus sites for regionals.
                  Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 02-24-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Also what’s wrong with the Kohl Center is the whole moratorium on campus sites for regionals.
                    I didnt know about that moratorium. I think it's rediculous. That's where most of the fans are.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      I didnt know about that moratorium. I think it's rediculous. That's where most of the fans are.
                      Everybody knows this, but schools with small arenas that couldn’t host if they could don’t want the “unfair advantage”, so… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Allegedly. I’m just making educated guesses here)

Comment

So Watts are the thoughts about this weekend? Was last weekend just a mirage? At least the games are on BTN regular, or is it BTN plus?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          So Watts are the thoughts about this weekend? Was last weekend just a mirage? At least the games are on BTN regular, or is it BTN plus?
                          Maybe the program should bring the boys back every weekend at home. I was ready to lace 'em up myself after watching the veterans and their discussions.

https://www.facebook.com/wisconsinme...5841253642303/

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Both games are on regular BTN with the game times at 6:00 Friday and 8:00 Saturday Eastern time zone.
                            I can say for OSU's part regardless where you guys are in the standings you won't be taken lightly and with a potential title on the line and a tournament bye riding on this weekend they will most likely trying to put the games away quickly.
                            Now you guys have some very good talent on your team so I won't sell you short but it will probably be the usual factors on who wins - least mistakes, officiating (good calls, bad calls, non calls), and plain old puck luck.
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-26-2020, 07:00 AM.

Comment

If the Gophers do take care of business (probably like a 45% chance of a sweep realistically), it would be nice if you got a win on Friday instead of having to watch your game after ours on Saturday before knowing the conference result.

Comment

This was great to see: https://youtu.be/s76vb-BmoLo
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X