This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Good to hear Dhoogie played well. I wonder how the nhl scouts feel about Wisconsin hockey now. Caufield is such a one dimensional player I think he needs 2 more years to get that through his head.

Turcotte has been a bit streaky and probably needs another year.

Miller needs all 4 years, he’s not understanding how to progress.

They may all bolt, to their detriment like Kerdiles and Turris.

This is quite interesting to me cause IF Granato is primarily preparing these kids for the Show (vs. his actual job which is to win games and win NCAA championships) the lack of development up and down the roster is conspicuous.
    Last edited by solovsfett; 01-12-2020, 03:03 PM.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      We have a freshman playing babysitter to a 1st round draft pick.
      Straight out of HS mind you.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        UPDATE AFTER MSU SERIES:

Record: 7-10-1 (2-7-1-1 - 8pts, 7th in Big7) (-1)
        GF/GA: 56/62
        USCHO Poll: NR (-2) (presumed)
        USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
        PWR: 35 (-6)
        RPI: 35 (-5)
        KRACH: 23 (-2)
        Scoring: 3.11 GPG; 18th (-3)
        Defense: 3.44 GAPG; 51st (-3)
        Power Play Goals: 14; T13th (-4)
        Power Play Rate: 19.72% (14 of 71); 23rd (-6)
        Penalty Kill Rate: 80.95% (51 of 63), 33rd (+7)
        Penalty Min per Game: 12.33; T24th (1st is worst) (+2)
        Shorthanded Goals Scored; 3; T4th (n/c)
        Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T10th (1st is worst) (-20)
        Team Faceoff: 49.3%; T35th (-1)

Hole is Grand Canyon sized now. To get from PWR of 35 to 13 is going to take a big run of winning hockey. They better take this month off and figure some things out and start playing like a team, for 60 minutes. At this point, I personally have zero confidence that can happen.
        RECORD AFTER SPLITTING WITH OSU:

Record: 8-11-1 (3-8-1-1 - 11pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
        GF/GA: 63/68
        USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
        USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
        PWR: 31 (+4)
        RPI: 31 (+4)
        KRACH: 24 (-1)
        Scoring: 3.14 GPG; 17th (+1)
        Defense: 3.40 GAPG; T49th (+2)
        Power Play Goals: 15; T25th (-12)
        Power Play Rate: 19.48% (15 of 77); 22nd (+1)
        Penalty Kill Rate: 78.57% (55 of 70), 46th (-13)
        Penalty Min per Game: 12.85; 17th (1st is worst) (-7)
        Shorthanded Goals Scored; 3; T8th (-4)
        Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T17th (1st is worst) (+7)
        Team Faceoff: 48.8%; T42nd (-7)

Do I even want to keep updating these every week? Special teams aren't cutting it. Faceoff % getting worse. Need sweeps not splits.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Do I even want to keep updating these every week? Special teams aren't cutting it. Faceoff % getting worse. Need sweeps not splits.
          I love the updates, it gives us some objective data to analyze. It's good stuff and thanks for doing it.

I was happy to have a band and some students at the game Friday though technically school is still not going yet.

I am very concerned about Phil. Rumor was he had surgery in the fall and he's still not back yet. At the women's games there are a couple guys who do the 1 2 3 thing in his place, but sadly at the men's game no one did it Friday night. The students need to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I love the updates, it gives us some objective data to analyze. It's good stuff and thanks for doing it.

I was happy to have a band and some students at the game Friday though technically school is still not going yet.

I am very concerned about Phil. Rumor was he had surgery in the fall and he's still not back yet. At the women's games there are a couple guys who do the 1 2 3 thing in his place, but sadly at the men's game no one did it Friday night. The students need to step up.
            At a hockey backer luncheon, I sat with Mrs Phil and she confirmed the hip or knee replacement surgery and it happened right before hockey and during football season. They have tickets to football too. Hopefully he gets back soon.

And typically Mrs Phil is at the game but with the weather Friday, I am sure she didn't go.
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-13-2020, 12:55 PM.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

In case that ped state jagoff is still lurking:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...azing.amp.html

Yeah, real classy program.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

I watched the interview. Sounds like he's gone to me, but you never know. I don't think he's ready based on my eyes, but you can tell there is pressure to bring him in.

Comment

I watched the interview. Sounds like he's gone to me, but you never know. I don't think he's ready based on my eyes, but you can tell there is pressure to bring him in.
                  It was interesting in warmups when he scored he hooted and hollered. No one else did that, except I think Turcotte did it too, though not as much. I'm not sure how I'd take that if I was the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    It was interesting in warmups when he scored he hooted and hollered. No one else did that, except I think Turcotte did it too, though not as much. I'm not sure how I'd take that if I was the goalie.
                    hooting after scoring on your own goalie in practice?

Screw Caufield, he’s a selfish brat and Turcotte can follow him out the door as well. If they want the NHL so badly they should leave now and spare the team their bull****.

Also, both of them are in for a severe wake up call next year, particularly Caufield. That kid will get planted on his *** numerous times by the great NHL dmen.

EDIT: ...either Granato should pull Caufield and Turcotte aside and tell them to knock it off or the goalies should declare open season on both and pop them right in the mouth after practice or warm-ups.

None of McDonagh, Stepan, Heatley, Turris or Kerdiles acted in such childish and low class behavior. They played a TEAM game.
                    Last edited by solovsfett; 01-16-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      hooting after scoring on your own goalie in practice?

Screw Caufield, he’s a selfish brat and Turcotte can follow him out the door as well. If they want the NHL so badly they should leave now and spare the team their bull****.

Also, both of them are in for a severe wake up call next year, particularly Caufield. That kid will get planted on his *** numerous times by the great NHL dmen.

EDIT: ...either Granato should pull Caufield and Turcotte aside and tell them to knock it off or the goalies should declare open season on both and pop them right in the mouth after practice or warm-ups.

None of McDonagh, Stepan, Heatley, Turris or Kerdiles acted in such childish and low class behavior. They played a TEAM game.
                      I was rather taken aback by it. Maybe Caufield has the kind of relationship with the Hammer where it's ok; he does do the targeted blocker and glove shots during warm-ups. Just trying to come up with a reason how it would be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        I was rather taken aback by it. Maybe Caufield has the kind of relationship with the Hammer where it's ok; he does do the targeted blocker and glove shots during warm-ups. Just trying to come up with a reason how it would be ok.
                        Good point, maybe they were screwing around?

Comment

I’d say always best to avoid major conclusions on small sample sizes.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            I’d say always best to avoid major conclusions on small sample sizes.
                            True. I’m letting my rage over the state of this program overwhelm my POV.

Comment

God forbid two kids have fun in warmups. The goalie is probably messing with them too.

Comment

On the other hand, if Caufield was serious, Olly & Jacob could give some payback tendy fundies in this eppie.
                                https://www.facebook.com/1198540966/...2313451764026/
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X