X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    On the other hand; NoDak, UMD, Denver, northeast powerhouses, have adapted. Why not Wisconsin?
    More succinctly stated. Thx MCR.

I don’t disagree about the parity issue, but that should not be keeping Wisconsin from at least qualifying for the tournament at least 60-70% of the time. Winning it all is another thing entirely. Many less controllable variables are in play in a 4 game tournament (injuries, facing a hot goalie, etc.).
    Last edited by srkbadger; 02-09-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
      Shoot em like a horse is mine.
      Goalie, sieve, gopher on a stick! Is mine
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

When UMD Bulldogs would come to the Coliseum, ..."GO-pher RE-jects, clap, clap, clap clap clap".

Of course, that was back in the day when it was somewhat true.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
          That said, for each of those teams that you mention have adapted and won recent championships, there are plenty (Minnesota included) who haven’t. And I don’t blame that as much on “not adapting” as I do the growth and parity issue in college hockey.
          I agree with srk.

Agree to disagree with you a little...most major historically prominent programs adapt. I'll ask again, but a little different, "Why not ****ing Wisconsin?"

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            I agree with srk.

Agree to disagree with you a little...most major historically prominent programs adapt. I'll ask again, but a little different, "Why not ****ing Wisconsin?"
            I’m really not disagreeing. I wish we were one of those teams you listed. Just saying the growth of college hockey and expanding parity means it’s not as simple of an equation as it once was. And we can’t discount what the Big 10 did to programs like UW and Minny. Seriously, if you think we’re frustrated down here, imagine what it’s like in the “State of Hockey.” Honestly, it’s Minnesota’s downfall that makes me believe the dismantling of the WCHA to make way for the B1G MISTAKE was a bigger deal than any of us thought it would be. And all of us thought it would be a big deal.

Comment

“I’m not going to fold. I’m actually going to get more excited about what’s going to be in front of us.” - Tony Granato after Saturdays game.

"I still think we have the right guys in the locker room."

Hes either in denial or hes just putting up a sales job... to keep his job.

Because that's just crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                “I’m not going to fold. I’m actually going to get more excited about what’s going to be in front of us.” - Tony Granato after Saturdays game.

"I still think we have the right guys in the locker room."

Hes either in denial or hes just putting up a sales job... to keep his job.

Because that's just crazy.
                May I kindly ask what is he supposed to say?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  May I kindly ask what is he supposed to say?
                  There was a certain segment of MN fans who expected Lucia, after a few poor seasons, to follow the Samurai Code and....well....you know the rest.
                  I would imagine Badger fans have a similar segment.

Carry on.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                    I’m really not disagreeing. I wish we were one of those teams you listed. Just saying the growth of college hockey and expanding parity means it’s not as simple of an equation as it once was. And we can’t discount what the Big 10 did to programs like UW and Minny. Seriously, if you think we’re frustrated down here, imagine what it’s like in the “State of Hockey.” Honestly, it’s Minnesota’s downfall that makes me believe the dismantling of the WCHA to make way for the B1G MISTAKE was a bigger deal than any of us thought it would be. And all of us thought it would be a big deal.
                    I'm with ya. I don't know how much the mistake affected more than lost rivalries, but there's got to be a correlation.

As much as we "hate" those spermophiles, , it's just not right when we both suck, although they're starting to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      There was a certain segment of MN fans who expected Lucia, after a few poor seasons, to follow the Samurai Code and....well....you know the rest.
                      I would imagine Badger fans have a similar segment.

Carry on.

I would say there isn't much of a parallel between the tDon situation and TG's. The big ? is would UW take a look at tDon?

Comment

I would be very surprised to see Lucia coach again. He made good money, can make more if needed outside of coaching, and has at least one grandkid to chase around these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          I would be very surprised to see Lucia coach again. He made good money, can make more if needed outside of coaching, and has at least one grandkid to chase around these days.
                          Yeah but we're talking about U Dub and "I AM the search committee" Alvarez calling. With all the highly rated talent on the books this job would be the most tantalizing of all time. Only negative is he's not a spring chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Yeah but we're talking about U Dub and "I AM the search committee" Alvarez calling. With all the highly rated talent on the books this job would be the most tantalizing of all time. Only negative is he's not a spring chicken.
                            Did UW ever consider Gwozdecky before they landed on TG? I think it was in an article last year by Brad Schlossman where he seemed to still have interest in the college level just depended on whether it was the right fit.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                              Did UW ever consider Gwozdecky before they landed on TG? I think it was in an article last year by Brad Schlossman where he seemed to still have interest in the college level just depended on whether it was the right fit.
                              I don't believe so. Barry A went to TG for ideas and ended up offering him the job. I don't know if they really looked deeper than that or who did apply. I like Gwoz, don't know about the age factor.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                                We don't know if UW interviewed Gwoz, but there was a lot of fan support for him to be sure; especially among the old guard.

On a personal note, I really wanted Mark Johnson, and if not him I wanted Gwoz. I was always impressed with what he did in Denver. Nothing against Eaves (and he was fine for a while) I just thought he would use Wisconsin as a stepping stone to the AHL and NHL. He finally made it to the AHL.

Comment

Working...
                                X