X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    So, are the glass half full guys, who are looking through Cardinal colored glasses, finally getting it?
    I just don't know how anyone can really support TG at this point. Last weekend he used the Y word again in an interview with Brophy I do believe. What he should be saying is "Yes, we are young, but very talented and not playing up to our potential and it's the coach's job to fix not playing up to our potential." It's truly sad. He's a grit/heart guy who loves the UW, this has to be tearing him up inside.

On as totally unrelated point, when did they start opening the KC up earlier than 1 hr before the game? It was awesome last week to get in there super early and take it all in.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
      Listened to radio postgame interview with Posick and Granato. Granato said he "doesn't want the guys to run there guys into the boards".... because we don't have the size.
      So I've recruited these young tiny players who can't win faceoffs, can't score, can't play well 4 x 4, can't kill penalties and can't hit anyone. That's a formula for success for sure. Seriously there are like 12 skaters 6-0 and taller on the roster. What is he talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I just don't know how anyone can really support TG at this point. Last weekend he used the Y word again in an interview with Brophy I do believe. What he should be saying is "Yes, we are young, but very talented and not playing up to our potential and it's the coach's job to fix not playing up to our potential." It's truly sad. He's a grit/heart guy who loves the UW, this has to be tearing him up inside.

On as totally unrelated point, when did they start opening the KC up earlier than 1 hr before the game? It was awesome last week to get in there super early and take it all in.
        It is sad bc you know TG MS and MO care a ton. But doesn't matter if you don't get it done. Gotta change it now. Youth hockey in the state and support overall depends on it. When I was a kid everyone wanted to be a Badger. I don't know what it's like now for kids but it's been 5 years of crap...so who are these kids pretending to play for when they are shooting the puck in their basement? The Admirals? A losing Badger team with an empty Kohl Center?

If they have nothing to look up to they may put the hockey stick down and pick up a basketball or something stupid.

Comment

I apologize for all the negativity. I'm on a tear. I've always loved the badger hockey program and this **** is just unacceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
            It is sad bc you know TG MS and MO care a ton. But doesn't matter if you don't get it done. Gotta change it now. Youth hockey in the state and support overall depends on it. When I was a kid everyone wanted to be a Badger. I don't know what it's like now for kids but it's been 5 years of crap...so who are these kids pretending to play for when they are shooting the puck in their basement? The Admirals? A losing Badger team with an empty Kohl Center?

If they have nothing to look up to they may put the hockey stick down and pick up a basketball or something stupid.
            5 years of crap? More like 25 years of mostly garbage hockey. A blip from 04-06 and the run in 09-10 but mostly a malaise.

This is why the older fans are ****ed. Jesus Christ, 25 years since the tail end of their being a national power. It’s absolutely inexcusable.

Yeah yeah i’m the locked groove at the end of a record, I know.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              5 years of crap? More like 25 years of mostly garbage hockey. A blip from 04-06 and the run in 09-10 but mostly a malaise.

This is why the older fans are ****ed. Jesus Christ, 25 years since the tail end of their being a national power. It’s absolutely inexcusable.

Yeah yeah i’m the locked groove at the end of a record, I know.
              Badgers just need to hire a coach who has had head coaching college success with less resources/talent. Sauer was promoted from within. Eaves came from USNDT. Granato an assistant in NHL. If they just hire a college coach who can win with less.... then bring him in here... it should work. Not rocket science.

Edit: like Rohlik.
              Last edited by druzy192; 01-17-2020, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Rohlik...

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                  Badgers just need to hire a coach who has had head coaching college success with less resources/talent. Sauer was promoted from within. Eaves came from USNDT. Granato an assistant in NHL. If they just hire a college coach who can win with less.... then bring him in here... it should work. Not rocket science.

Edit: like Rohlik.
                  Agreed!

And just for fun: https://youtu.be/NHBrFhUH7No

I wish the 92 NCAA championship game was up on YouTube or 93 and 94 playoff games, the final years of their 20ish year run😢

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Hastings. Coughlin. Someone out of the UW family
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

And this play is unacceptable.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Is anyone callingThe AD? I called during Eaves last couple of seasons as a long time season ticket holder and voiced my displeasure, now I feel like one of thousands of fans who’ve lost their passion for this team. I didn’t tune in last night. Just checked Twitter now and then for a score update.

Comment

This team is lost. No direction no continuity. It's like no one knows what to do including the coaches. Donnie must have known this was a train wreck and got the heck out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Is anyone callingThe AD? I called during Eaves last couple of seasons as a long time season ticket holder and voiced my displeasure, now I feel like one of thousands of fans who’ve lost their passion for this team. I didn’t tune in last night. Just checked Twitter now and then for a score update.
                            You can email Jason King. JWK@athletics.wisc.edu He's in charge of hockey. I'm composing an email in mind. We all should email on the same day or spread it out over the course of the week.

Comment

Postgame last night on the radio, Ian Perrin (who doesn’t seem as limited in his allowed perspectives as Brian Posick) called out the team’s supposed studs. He said the youth excuse only lasts so long, he usually likes how the coaches work to remain positive, but it is time for the superstars who are not performing to be dragged onto the carpet. (That’s almost an exact quote.) I was glad to hear it, and I am curious why the coaches haven’t already done so. I’ve said it before, but now especially with the likelihood of anything coming from this season getting slimmer, it would probably do good for a guy like Turcotte to get benched for a game. I know coaches deserve blame when success doesn’t come, but at this level when these guys that we’ve built the current program around aren’t performing the way we expected, they need to get called out, too. If they think they are going to find success in the NHL the way they’ve performed this year, they are in for a very rude awakening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rodhotter View Post
                                This team is lost. No direction no continuity. It's like no one knows what to do including the coaches. Donnie must have known this was a train wreck and got the heck out of here.
                                Okay, no. Don knew how to fix the problem. If you look at that first year, they won 20 games with a far inferior roster. The brains left when Don did. He coached the US development program and knew exactly how to get his point across. He left for his dream job and I will never fault someone for chasing their dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X