This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Do we ever stop to think that maybe the guys who put in their time on the team are ****ed that the coaching staff gifts the playing time they had earned to transfers or NHL draft picks? Accountability. There’s no accountability. You want to see a pretty great way to handle high impact freshman? Look at BC.
    Great point
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      Do we ever stop to think that maybe the guys who put in their time on the team are ****ed that the coaching staff gifts the playing time they had earned to transfers or NHL draft picks? Accountability. There’s no accountability. You want to see a pretty great way to handle high impact freshman? Look at BC.
      This is a good point but you have to play the talent where it belongs in the line-up. I don't think the freshman 3 + TBP pushed anyone down the lineup who didn't fit down the line-up, other than maybe Linus, but he played up with those guys at the start of the season. More guys are going to get bumped down the lineup with the Fr forwards coming in next year. Malmquist and Matty DStP are clearly top 3 line guys. I can see though how the over-recruiting can give the locker room bad juju. It's like all they are doing is trying to replace you.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        This is a good point but you have to play the talent where it belongs in the line-up. I don't think the freshman 3 + TBP pushed anyone down the lineup who didn't fit down the line-up, other than maybe Linus, but he played up with those guys at the start of the season. More guys are going to get bumped down the lineup with the Fr forwards coming in next year. Malmquist and Matty DStP are clearly top 3 line guys. I can see though how the over-recruiting can give the locker room bad juju. It's like all they are doing is trying to replace you.
        Ice time is supposed to be earned, not gifted just because of talent or where they should be playing in the lineup. Boldy/Newhook didn't start on BC's top line and as far as I know they haven't been on the top line at all during the year.

I don't know if you've ever seen the show Friday Night Lights, but at one point they get this highly touted kid to come play QB for them after his house and school were destroyed (got to transfer to them). Their current QB is limited in his ability, but is a great leader and can manage to make the winning plays. The transfer is all about himself, how he can get to college, and the rest of the team and coaching staff be ****ed. When they put the transfer in to play, he disregards play calls to make himself look good. Basically the entire team gives up playing hard because the coaching staff rewarded a non-team player. When they put the great leader back in the team goes on to win a state title. One of the reasons I like Achan so much and really stood my ground in the previous thread is because he is the type of player that leads by example. He is in the same physical, skate hard, defend your teammates, energy scorer mold that Adam Burish was. I could get behind playing with a player like that.

Fun facts for the season:

Players with positive +/-: Achan, Lindmark, Pelton-Byce
        Players with 10+ goals: Caufield, Achan
        Players with SHG: Lindmark, Achan, Miller
        Players with PPG: Caufield, Zimmer, Turcotte, Miller, S. Dhooghe, Achan, Pelton-Byce, Holloway, Kalynuk, Weissbach
        Players with GWG: Achan, Caufield, Zimmer, Lindmark, Miller, Pelton-Byce, Holloway, Messner

Bolded players are in at least three categories and players I expect to be leaders next year. I really love the thought of Achan-Lindmark along with a big body RW like Ryder Donovan going forward.
        Last edited by digitalbooya; 03-08-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

On a not kicking them when they're down note I had a chance to meet the Dhooghe brothers during on of the intermissions.
          I told them with the exception of when they play against us I've really enjoyed watching them play in the Wisconsin games I've seen on TV.
          I told them I thought they're very dynamic and energetic players and bring a lot to the game and wished them the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            On a not kicking them when they're down note I had a chance to meet the Dhooghe brothers during on of the intermissions.
            I told them with the exception of when they play against us I've really enjoyed watching them play in the Wisconsin games I've seen on TV.
            I told them I thought they're very dynamic and energetic players and bring a lot to the game and wished them the best.
            Congrats brother!

Comment

There will be a new thread in a few posts. If you're going to be here to write in that new thread, take one step forward.
              Not so fast, Scotch...

Comment

Wisconsin Hockey 2020-2021: I thought we played good hockey…

Wisconsin Hockey 2020-2021: Malaise on Ice
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  Ice time is supposed to be earned, not gifted just because of talent or where they should be playing in the lineup. Boldy/Newhook didn't start on BC's top line and as far as I know they haven't been on the top line at all during the year..
                  I don't recall Heater, Turris or a guy like Zent toiling away on the 4th line for half the season hoping to earn a chance their freshman years. If the fab 3 forwards weren't playing major roles right at the start we'd have made the coaching change ourselves. I think the problem could have been that these guys were over-hyped and the rest of the team certainly could have resented that. It would have been better if they quietly treated these guys like just any other freshman and not the 2nd coming of Heater, but TG put on his salesman hat and was trying to get a big commission.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Wisconsin Hockey 2020-21: Worlds Greatest Sub-.500 Team
                    Originally posted by board View Post
                    There will be a new thread in a few posts. If you're going to be here to write in that new thread, take one step forward.
                    Not so fast, Scotch...
                    Do I even want to know what he did to get suspended?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I already had them on my ignore list, so I definitely missed it.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        RECORD AFTER WIN / TIE-OT WIN VS OSU:

Record: 14-18-2 (7-15-2-2 - 25pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
                        GF/GA: 110/124
                        USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
                        USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
                        PWR: 28 (+5)
                        RPI: 28 (+5)
                        KRACH: 20 (+2)
                        Scoring: 3.24 GPG; T13th (-1)
                        Defense: 3.65 GAPG; 58th (-1)
                        Power Play Goals: 25; T25th (+1)
                        Power Play Rate: 21.01% (25 of 119); 19th (+3)
                        Penalty Kill Rate: 77.12% (91 of 118), 51st (-1)
                        Penalty Min per Game: 12.15; 20th (1st is worst) (+5)
                        Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T10th (-1)
                        Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 2; T31st (1st is worst) (n/c)
                        Team Faceoff: 48.3%; T45th (+2)
                        Shots Allowed: 1097; 52nd (n/c)
                        Save %: .887; 53rd (+1)

Let me know if you see any errors.
                        RECORD AFTER 2 LOSSES IN BIG7 PLAYOFFS AT OHIO STATE AND A FITTING END TO THIS THREAD AND SEASON.

Record: 14-20-2 (7-15-2-2 - 25pts, 7th in Big7) (n/c)
                        GF/GA: 112/135
                        USCHO Poll: NR (n/c)
                        USA Today Poll: NR (n/c)
                        PWR: t30 (-2)
                        RPI: 32 (-4)
                        KRACH: 21 (-1)
                        Scoring: 3.11 GPG; 18th (-5)
                        Defense: 3.75 GAPG; 58th (n/c)
                        Power Play Goals: 26; T24th (+1)
                        Power Play Rate: 20.97% (26 of 124); 20th (-1)
                        Penalty Kill Rate: 75.81% (94 of 124), 53rd (-2)
                        Penalty Min per Game: 11.81; 21st (1st is worst) (+1)
                        Shorthanded Goals Scored; 4; T11th (-1)
                        Shorthanded Goals Allowed: 3; T23rd (1st is worst) (-8)
                        Team Faceoff: 48.4%; T44th (+1)
                        Shots Allowed: 1158; 50th (+2)
                        Save %: .883; 58th (-5)

AND A FITTING END TO THIS THREAD AND SEASON.
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                        X