X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    The jury's out for me on how good OSU is this season. Personally I thought the previous two seasons we were better but thank God Rholik put Killer Miller back in charge of the PK which is his specialty.
    Last season Rhols ran both the PP & PK and it was atrocious! I just wish he'd give Killler the PP again as well. Rhols is a great coach and my biggest fear is you'll poach him from us as his roots with your program run deep but Miller is the better specialty coach.
    TG had a chance to consider hiring Miller when Donnie left, we all wish he would have.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      I'd say it was perhaps even accidental... careless, is probably a good description, though. I think a game is right, because it's important to send a message about being in control when players are in vulnerable and dangerous positions. No way there was any intention on Linus' part, I mean he doesn't hit anybody, ever.
      I'm glad to hear he's not that kind of player.
      I'd love to be the fly on the wall on what Piotrowski may have said to his officiating crew about keeping the game under control tonight. At least these guys weren't former CCHA refs which could explain their deficiency.
      I love seeing letting them play as much as the next guy but they have to balance it with the current goal of player safety so it should be interesting to see how tonight's game compares with last night's on how far the player's will be allowed to push things. I just hope they don't blow the whistles for every little ticky tack thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        TG had a chance to consider hiring Miller when Donnie left, we all wish he would have.
        Yeah but you can't fault Tony for wanting to have a staff all from the Wisconsin "family".

Comment

With Linus out and after the loss, the lines are scrambled again tonight. Putting the B1G 3 Frosh together to start a game for the first time this season.

Holloway - Turcotte - Caufield

Achan - TPB- Lindy

Zimmer - Baker - Dhooghe

Mersch - Messner- Other Caufield

Other Dhooghe

Kalynuk - Emberson

Miller - Vorlicky

Ess - Inamto

Jacky Bear gets the net.

Let's Go RED!!!
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Jackie B. showing exactly why the 2nd assist exists!

Comment

• Three goal periods are pretty cool!

Edit: four goal period!
              Last edited by digitalbooya; 01-11-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Who are these guys???
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• TPB with the perfect tape-to-tape pass right to McCormick for the goal lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    So what you are saying, if I read between the lines and arrange the tea leaves correctly, is that I am probably crazy. I don't want to read anything into your post, it's hard to exactly get at exactly how you feel.
                    Hahaha nice nice. Very perceptive of you to see what I was vaguely trying to say.

Comment

A wins a win. They needed it. Ohio State didn’t seem all that interested. On to Michigan St. They won’t just hand us points, it’ll be a battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        Yeah but you can't fault Tony for wanting to have a staff all from the Wisconsin "family".
                        Given the results, I think we can.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Well given the shake up to our lines and that we were without our #1 goalie things certainly went your way last night, even the puck luck with it going in off our guy's skate.
                          I felt if we had our Friday night roster playing we might have earned the sweep but as it is congrats on the win.

Comment

Badgers put their lines through the blender with Weissbach suspended and played their backup goaltender. I actually hope they keep Holloway-Turcotte-Caufield together. Ahcan-TPB-Lindmark seemed to mix well aside from TPB gifting OSU their 2nd goal last night. Wasn't super impressed with Zimmer/Baker, but S. Dhooghe seemed to be a man on a mission. I thought he really stood out.

The defense makes me hurt. Simple breakout passes seem like too much for these draft picks. We have a freshman playing babysitter to a 1st round draft pick. Inamoto has been a pleasant surprise. I think he's been better than last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              Yes you can, and we do.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                Yes you can, and we do.
                                Have it your way, maybe since Miller's a native to Wisconsin would count enough but he's ours now anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X