X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Maybe there won't be a next time. :0 I do feel bad for you since you just built that new home and JK Security Solutions did such on nice job on it. The market is booming, I think you will come out ok when all is said and done. It's not personal Tony, it's just business.

It's a great day for hockey!
    On a more serious note, isn't his buyout like millions of dollars? He'll be okay either way. The Wild just fired their coach today, hopefully the Badgers are next.
    Maybe UW might decide to play some hockey tonight to complement the camera shots into the stands to look at people in pj's.

TG did a video a few weeks ago that said: "Come out and see the 3 legged race between periods". LOL.

No game on tv tonight, that sucks.
    Does it though? Actively saving people from having to watch the team screw everything up.
    Last edited by digitalbooya; 02-14-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Since he was my favorite player I feel terrible for TG that this hasn’t worked out.

But...how terrible are these coaches that you can have 4 1st round picks (i’m Counting Holloway in that) and they’re in last place with there only hope of making the playoffs is to win the b10 playoffs?

There has to be something terribly wrong within the team and/or the staff.

This level of ineptitude needs to be explained.

If changes don’t occur in the off-season I can see recruits bailing. I mean, who wants to play in a morgue for a last place team?
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Since the sentimentality of having an alum coach will always dominate fanboy speculation on coach searches… who all is a Badger alum that’s coaching these days?

- Tony Granato (for now)
        - Mark Osiecki (for now)
        - Mark Strobel (for now)
        - Mark Johnson
        - Andy Brandt (Associate Coach, St Norbert)
        - Steve Rohlik (OSU HC)
        - Mike Eaves (Cleveland HC, AHL)

… anyone else?

A similar list for those in management positions:
        - Blake Geoffrion (he was an assistant GM for Cleveland Monsters wasn’t he?)
        - Scott Mellanby (asst. GM, Montreal Canadiens)
        Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 02-14-2020, 12:28 PM.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Or just pay Nate Leaman whatever he wants

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Since the sentimentality of having an alum coach will always dominate fanboy speculation on coach searches… who all is a Badger alum that’s coaching these days?

- Tony Granato (for now)
            - Mark Osiecki (for now)
            - Mark Strobel (for now)
            - Mark Johnson
            - Andy Brandt (Associate Coach, St Norbert)
            - Steve Rohlik (OSU HC)
            - Mike Eaves (Cleveland HC, AHL)

… anyone else?

A similar list for those in management positions:
            - Blake Geoffrion (he was an assistant GM for Cleveland Monsters wasn’t he?)
            - Scott Mellanby (asst. GM, Montreal Canadiens)
            Some I can think of in coaching of some sort or were coaches:

Don Granato
            Brad Winchester (volunteer assistant)
            Alex Brooks (Scout)
            Gary Shuchuk
            David Tanabe (USA hockey scout)
            Pat Ford
            Peter Johnson

I also thought there were a couple former players coaching as D3 coaches or USHL Coaches, but I can't think of them now.
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 02-14-2020, 01:00 PM.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
              On a more serious note, isn't his buyout like millions of dollars? He'll be okay either way. The Wild just fired their coach today, hopefully the Badgers are next.

Does it though? Actively saving people from having to watch the team screw everything up.
              I can't can't help myself, I MUST watch them. It's my team, I'm not going to desert them.

Here's a new Culvers promo: 25 SOG free for all. If UW allows 25 SOG or less, everyone in attendance gets a free double butter burger, cheese curds, onion rings, a large fry, any salad of your choice, a bowl of soup, a large concrete mixer and a half keg of root beer. Just redeem your ticket within a year at any Culvers in the country.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Since he was my favorite player I feel terrible for TG that this hasn’t worked out.

But...how terrible are these coaches that you can have 4 1st round picks (i’m Counting Holloway in that) and they’re in last place with there only hope of making the playoffs is to win the b10 playoffs?

There has to be something terribly wrong within the team and/or the staff.

This level of ineptitude needs to be explained.

If changes don’t occur in the off-season I can see recruits bailing. I mean, who wants to play in a morgue for a last place team?
                The ineptitude is inexplicable.

I don't think recruits will bail, they buy into the coach and the facilities. They probably feel like they can be part of the solution. And they get a free or discounted degree from a top university. Is a degree from UW more recognizable than a degree from DU? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  **** emojis won't work. (LMFAO & a thumbs up)

(db, I have gotten into NUMEROUS arguments this year with Wild fans. I've said that Boudreau WOULD NOT last the season, especially with their new GM Bill Guerin hired last August. These fired and rehired coaches in the NHL are on their way out.)

I just wish Ryan Suter would get traded to a contender, but I have NO idea what's in his contract.
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-14-2020, 01:58 PM.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Maybe there won't be a next time. :0 I do feel bad for you since you just built that new home and JK Security Solutions did such on nice job on it. The market is booming, I think you will come out ok when all is said and done. It's not personal Tony, it's just business.

It's a great day for hockey!
                    The whole staff has been treated like kings and have not produced but Tony needs to take blame out the door.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                      The whole staff has been treated like kings and have not produced but Tony needs to take blame out the door.
                      I really don't think there is a poster on this thread who doesn't agree with this statement. After my shots on goal research, I'll lead the charge. This racehorse style of hockey sucks. I'd rather allow 27 sog and clamp down on quality of shots and win 3-2 than allow 40 and lose 5-3 and allow many quality chances. It's really Eaves' system vs TG's.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        I just wish Ryan Suter would get traded to a contender, but I have NO idea what's in his contract.
                        YES! For the love of Wisconsin, get him out of Rodentsota, send him anywhere but Dallas (sorry Pavs) or Baustin.

Comment

Give massive contracts to a badger and a Whioux and look where it gets you. Trapped in mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            Give massive contracts to a badger and a Whioux and look where it gets you. Trapped in mediocrity.
                            Yep. I wonder how much those 2 contract$ have put the squeeze on the team?
                            CLEARLY, there's something wrong over there. 5 coaches since 2009 and the one with the highest winning % (.579) just got whacked.
                            My guess is the GM from 2009 to 2018, Chuck Fletcher, really ****ed up the Wild and the coaches took the hit.

Somebody's going to chime in here about getting back to Badger Hockey talk....but as Linkin Park once stated....

I tried so hard and got so far,
                            But in the end it doesn't even matter.
                            I had to fall to lose it all,
                            But in the end it doesn't even matter.

(And yes Millenials, MCR has always liked Alternative Rock/Nu Metal music)
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-14-2020, 04:41 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I really don't think there is a poster on this thread who doesn't agree with this statement. After my shots on goal research, I'll lead the charge. This racehorse style of hockey sucks. I'd rather allow 27 sog and clamp down on quality of shots and win 3-2 than allow 40 and lose 5-3 and allow many quality chances. It's really Eaves' system vs TG's.
                              Sauer’s run n’ gun was great. If you have the horses, capable D and Howie mentored goalies, 💥!

But these coaches can’t coax anything from these players but nods at the stat sheet to see if “i don’t give a ****” Caufield can win the rookie scoring race.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Sauer’s run n’ gun was great. If you have the horses, capable D and Howie mentored goalies, 💥!

But these coaches can’t coax anything from these players but nods at the stat sheet to see if “i don’t give a ****” Caufield can win the rookie scoring race.
                                Ive got to agree. Rookie scoring race? BFD. Doesn't do schitt for the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X