This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Whoa! I just realized we need to celebrate!

It’s 2020 so it’s now officially 25 years of mediocre hockey.

As such, we can say Wisconsin Hockey is closer to Yale and Harvard football than anything approaching relevance today.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

What’s up with Turcotte? What kind of injury does he have?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

It’s irresponsible to assume stuff like this, but I’m having visions of that scene in Miracle where Herb Brooks calls McClanahan a candyass.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          It’s irresponsible to assume stuff like this, but I’m having visions of that scene in Miracle where Herb Brooks calls McClanahan a candyass.
          The difference is back then McClanahan probably responded in a huge way. Maybe Turcotte's feelings got hurt? (Just having fun, boys.) 😃
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Whoa! I just realized we need to celebrate! It’s 2020 so it’s now officially 25 years of mediocre hockey.
            25 years? It's your viewpoint, but I respectfully say a title in 2006 and made the finals in 2010 can't be included in a mediocre period. Also in that time frame from 1995 - 2014 they did make the ncaa's 11 times. Considering how the depth of talent in college hockey has exploded, is that mediocre? I'm not sure. What I do know is the last 6 years have been downright unacceptable and embarrassing.

At any rate, it's a great day for hockey! LET'S GO RED!!!!!!
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              25 years? It's your viewpoint, but I respectfully say a title in 2006 and made the finals in 2010 can't be included in a mediocre period. Also in that time frame from 1995 - 2014 they did make the ncaa's 11 times. Considering how the depth of talent in college hockey has exploded, is that mediocre? I'm not sure. What I do know is the last 6 years have been downright unacceptable and embarrassing.

At any rate, it's a great day for hockey! LET'S GO RED!!!!!!
              Perennial contenders is the benchmark. 1973 or even 1971 through 1995.

They have not been perennial contenders since then. A blip here, a blip there etc. the bar has been set to high to accept the last 25 years imo

Last title 14 years ago. Last title run 10 years ago and nowhere close since then.

Comment

They have not been perennial contenders since then. A blip here, a blip there etc. the bar has been set to high to accept the last 25 years imo

Last title 14 years ago. Last title run 10 years ago and nowhere close since then.
                It's been a sad state since 2006 anyway you want to put it. I think there have been blips here and there, but mediocre hockey has become the accepted norm for those other than the most passionate fans.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I feel like Edmonton from 2010-2016 at this point. How many 1st overall picks are we gonna need to finally bottom reversal the rebuild, unbeknownst to management that the problem is the management.

Comment

How about ideas for the recruiting thread name?

Wisconsin Recruiting V: A Cast of Thousands

Maybe a little to negative?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      How about ideas for the recruiting thread name?

Wisconsin Recruiting V: A Cast of Thousands

Maybe a little to negative?

Wisconsin Recruiting V: Fielding 2 Teams
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Wisconsin Recruiting: We used to be IT, but now we don’t know what IT is!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          Wisconsin Recruiting V: Fielding 2 Teams
                          Fielding 2 JV Teams

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                            Fielding 2 JV Teams
                            That's a good snipe right there, bro'.

By the way, "this here" civil war is being won by the rebels. We're going thru' those others like **** thru' a tinhorn.
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-07-2020, 03:06 PM.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Through 2 in Michigan. Lebedeff has to be pulled again giving up 4 in the 2nd. I’ve said it before, and likely say it again, this team is bad. Defense plays like traffic cones, and while that’s not helpful to Lebedeff, he doesn’t often bail them out. Defensive “insufficiencies” says Posick in his between period analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                                If Todd's a legitimate journalist than he should ask the hard questions. That's his job. Thats what hes paid to do. And that what I told him on his facebook. There are no articles out there about Granato screwing the pooch. Theres nothing about him being the worst coaching in 40 years.

It's the truth so Milewski should tell it. If hes not a big fan of facts and telling it how it is then he should go work for the Onion. Or just be employed by the UW like Andy Baggot.
                                How do you measure Granato screwing the pooch? And what "hard questions" would help in putting together that article? (Q: "So you guys really screwed the pooch this year, eh?" A: "yeah, this whole season is fuскеd") Just putting out a flimsy slam piece on the coach because it feels right doesn't seem like his style.

What do you expect him to be able to put together that would both satisfy you and actually be a coherent, insightful article based on facts (something that wouldn't be rejected by any professor/TA on campus)? Is there some deep, dark secret for someone to uncover? Or were you just looking at previous rosters, comparing them to this year's roster, looking at the winning percentages, and feeling that it's absurdly disappointing? Because that's a tweet, not an article. Every game recap shows these results.
                                Last edited by WiscDC; 02-07-2020, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X