X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Great post. I do agree with you here about the coaches. I guarantee, if he sat Miller or Caufield for lazy and / or uninspired play, they would play harder. It's worked for Linus, who seems to have picked up his pace and effort with getting moved to the 4th line. It's why I would like to see Gorniak, Mersch, and Messner play every game. They have great effort.
    Imagine leading the big ten in scoring with lazy and/or uninspired play. Would hate to be the other team if he was actually inspired.

Caufield is probably the only frosh that came in and did exactly like I expected him to do. High scoring numbers, not physical, not good defensively. His passing abilities actually caught me by surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      Would hate to be the other team if he was actually inspired.
      Agree with you on this!

He is so easily pushed off the puck (no way ready for NHL). That surprised me. His "effort" or lack thereof on the defensive end also surprised me.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Agree with you on this!

He is so easily pushed off the puck (no way ready for NHL). That surprised me. His "effort" or lack thereof on the defensive end also surprised me.
        A thousand thumbs up to you. Give me Caufield for the OT shootout to win. Give me the freshman version of Pavelski for the playoff game in OT. Not even close. P. S., there would be a significant list of players as freshmen that suited up for the Badgers I would want on the ice before I would want Caufield out there in OT.
        Last edited by srkbadger; 03-05-2020, 10:30 AM.

Comment

It is, but they want you to subcribe to BTN+. I will be able to watch the games. I pay the $10/month from first away big7 game not on Fox / Regular BTN until the end of the season. It's $40-$50 per year which is less than I spend on going to one game. Yeah it sucks that you have to pay, but I also get to see wrestling and any other Wisconsin teams during that timeframe. I don't like it, but it is what it is and I enjoy getting to see the Badgers. For $15/month, you can get any big7 hockey games, and all sports, not just Wisconsin.

Oh and I didn't want the Big7, don't like the Big7, but we aren't going back, so I am just moving on from being PO'd.
          On an individual level, as a die-hard college hockey fan, this is a completely acceptable response.

But the issue is that BTN (even before the Big7 Hockey Conference was a thing) promised to expand access to college hockey. Having games - especially the entire first round of the league's tournament - only available by essentially PPV (and only an arena feed, not a produced broadcast) does the opposite. The die hards will cough up the $10. Anyone else won't. That does not grow a sport's fanbase. If any games should be available to the broad subscriber base - which BTN has on cable and satellite providers - it is the playoffs, so that casual fans can see the game at what should be its peak. Everyone always says the way to get sports fans to become hockey fans is to have them watch in the playoffs when the competition at any level is higher than any other sport. But, no one who isn't already a diehard (and even a lot of diehards, who aren't interested in, or can't figure out how to buy a game on an app or Roku, etc.) aren't going to jump through the hoops to watch the BTN+ PPV "broadcast." Instead of broadening the fanbase, this move every year actually stifles the fanbase when interest in the sport should be surging, not shrugging because the conference's own cable channel doesn't bother to carry any of the playoff games.

Comment

Kids are saying tghe right things: https://youtu.be/UANKlQhKt4M

I hope they finally are coming together as a TEAM.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It is, but they want you to subcribe to BTN+. I will be able to watch the games. I pay the $10/month from first away big7 game not on Fox / Regular BTN until the end of the season. It's $40-$50 per year which is less than I spend on going to one game. Yeah it sucks that you have to pay, but I also get to see wrestling and any other Wisconsin teams during that timeframe. I don't like it, but it is what it is and I enjoy getting to see the Badgers. For $15/month, you can get any big7 hockey games, and all sports, not just Wisconsin.
              Years ago I did subscribe to the BTN + and all the games still weren't on it. Then, when I went to cancel after hockey it was harder to get that accomplished than a root canal without any local. Plus my cable bill is just nuts. We've seen our kids drop the cable box and replace it with Netflix. That is a net savings. I do higher than base cable so I can watch the 300 sports channels. I love the Olympic channel. I can watch other college hockey and the NHL Network. I'm just tired of paying more and more for tech entertainment. I am anxiously awaiting pure ale carte tv viewing. Years ago I saw every home game for FREE. Get off my lawn.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Brock Boeser making CHN’s all decade team reminds me that a 4-win season might not have been the worst part of the late Eaves years.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Years ago I did subscribe to the BTN + and all the games still weren't on it. Then, when I went to cancel after hockey it was harder to get that accomplished than a root canal without any local. Plus my cable bill is just nuts. We've seen our kids drop the cable box and replace it with Netflix. That is a net savings. I do higher than base cable so I can watch the 300 sports channels. I love the Olympic channel. I can watch other college hockey and the NHL Network. I'm just tired of paying more and more for tech entertainment. I am anxiously awaiting pure ale carte tv viewing. Years ago I saw every home game for FREE. Get off my lawn.
                  I understand, I really do. I agree with the other comments about it not growing the game when the playoffs aren't on regular BTN. It's frustrating.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

This is sure to make Tim happy too:

Comment

This is sure to make Tim happy too:

None of us know what to make of this season's goaltending, their consistency or the team's handling of the tenders in media, starts, etc. But, in this case, historically Jack has often brought it and stood on his head in the biggest games, so I'm going with that for this decision. Let's go Red!

Comment

"Grooving" your head is so 1980's and 1990's.....you know, back when Wisconsin hockey was relevant....

Comment

Not sure how many of you have a subscription to the Athletic, but they have a full 'behind-the-scenes' article with the hockey team today. Gotta say, it surprised me to see it there.

https://theathletic.com/1632712/2020...ure-nhl-stars/
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I know it’s for a good reason and it’s the only way to keep good journalism around, but man do I still hate paywalls.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              I know it’s for a good reason and it’s the only way to keep good journalism around, but man do I still hate paywalls.
                              Yeah. I hear you. I wouldn't be subscribing if I didn't have a 50% discount code that I've been using for the last two years.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                Not sure how many of you have a subscription to the Athletic, but they have a full 'behind-the-scenes' article with the hockey team today. Gotta say, it surprised me to see it there.

https://theathletic.com/1632712/2020...ure-nhl-stars/
                                That is a great article. Thanks for sharing. I love the athletic for articles just like these.

Comment

Working...
                                X