• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Thanks for the help
    I fart in your general direction.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
      Fat W.
      Phat win, yes Tony, but the axe is still being sharpened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Phat win, yes Tony, but the axe is still being sharpened.
        Okay, the joke has definitely wore itself out.

Comment

Oh yeah? Say something nice about a goalie.

I triple dog dare ya.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

I triple dog dare ya.
            Tony, "Ummmmm...."
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Tony, "Ummmmm...."
              He actually said "We got a goaltender win. Our goaltender played outstanding. He was the difference in the game tonight".

If we do a perhaps slanted analysis of this, he never says his name at all, just refers to him as a position. That is not a very endearing way for a coach to treat a player who should be trying to build up his confidence. Also, by not saying his name, he wants the general public to know the goaltending was better and not Lebby, if you see a snippet or hot quote. Again, that is a slanted interpretation, but why not say his name?

UW played like garbage in the 3rd period allowing 18 sog, they were clearly bailed out by Lebby and some key blocks. 2nd period was also not good also.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

I triple dog dare ya.
                That diving save that Lebedeff had reminded me of MAF’s save right before he won the Stanley Cup with Pittsburgh.

I don’t get how anyone can complain about goalies, Caufield, Turcotte, Holloway, etc, when Miller is allowed to step on the ice every single night. I mean really just watch this guy play and see how much of a detriment he really is to the team.

Comment

Good win last night. Nowhere near perfect, but we’ve criticized the team for all the times that close ones have fallen the other way, so we need to congratulate them when it goes the right way.

My one criticism - Yeah, the student section is now consistently filling the lower bowl, that’s a good first step back. The next step? Someone needs to teach them how to be hockey fans. Honestly, I wouldn’t blame the Badgers for having fallen further behind or lost last night after the miserable support the students gave them in the third. Tie game deep into the third for a team trying to break a losing streak and what do the students do? Get the arena chanting Let’s Go Red? No. Fire up the crowd? No. Chastise the band for not drumming to get the crowd going? No.

Instead, they try to start the wave. At a tied hockey game. In the third period. Unbelievable.

I think we need to take some of our students to a Michigan or Tech game to see how a hockey student section is supposed to get a crowd going and hype up a team. And it’s not by pulling stupid football stunts during a tied hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                    Good win last night. Nowhere near perfect, but we’ve criticized the team for all the times that close ones have fallen the other way, so we need to congratulate them when it goes the right way.

My one criticism - Yeah, the student section is now consistently filling the lower bowl, that’s a good first step back. The next step? Someone needs to teach them how to be hockey fans. Honestly, I wouldn’t blame the Badgers for having fallen further behind or lost last night after the miserable support the students gave them in the third. Tie game deep into the third for a team trying to break a losing streak and what do the students do? Get the arena chanting Let’s Go Red? No. Fire up the crowd? No. Chastise the band for not drumming to get the crowd going? No.

Instead, they try to start the wave. At a tied hockey game. In the third period. Unbelievable.

I think we need to take some of our students to a Michigan or Tech game to see how a hockey student section is supposed to get a crowd going and hype up a team. And it’s not by pulling stupid football stunts during a tied hockey game.
                    We need the old geezers on this forum to go back to school just to show the students how to behave like a proper student section. Gen Z sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                      We need the old geezers on this forum to go back to school just to show the students how to behave like a proper student section.
                      3 things;
                      *Fat
                      *Drunk
                      *Stupid

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

The only hockey game on TV tonight....

Valley Yellow Popcorn.............................✔
                        Coconut Oil ..........................................✔
                        Orville Redenbacher Popper.....................✔
                        1 (one) 6 pack bottles - Riverwest Stein...✔
                        The AVALANCHE on NBC at Falcon Stadium OUTDOORS....✔

Comment

That third Pedo State goal is absolutely everything that I dislike about the team this year.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            That third Pedo State goal is absolutely everything that I dislike about the team this year.
                            Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              You'll never guess which dman was WAY out of position on the rush.

Comment

• I snuck a peek of the game on FOX WI. Was it FOXWI on Directv or was it a horrible picture for everyone? It was jumpy, bad color, kind of ghosty. Almost looked like streaming with a slow internet speed.

Whatever, from what I've read, the team has returned to the Badgers.

Comment

Working...
                                X