This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-20 Part II: Civil War

Anyone know who in the athletic department oversees hockey? Is there a specific guy or is it just Alvarez?
    Last edited by druzy192; 02-12-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
      Anyone know who in the athletic department oversees hockey? Is there a specific guy or is it just Alvarez?
      Jason W King is the assistant AD in charge of hockey. He will respond to emails.

mailto:JWK@athletics.wisc.edu
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        "I liked the way we played" "We did alot alot alot of good things" "We had control of the game" "Things haven't gone our way" "We're in a good place right now"
        TG thinks allowing 41 and 38 sog, allowing a 50% PP conversion rate and losing more faceoff than they win = "did a lot a lot of good things" and "control the game" and "we're in a good place right now", then he is a clueless buffoon. UW hockey fans are pretty smart, he's selling a pile of crap and calling it predigested all natural edibles. I'm totally done with him. Blow it up, start over. If someone can make Mankato the apple of the eye, someone can make UW the center of the universe. It's really sad it didn't work out, but changes must be made. It's not personal Tony, it's strictly business.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Odds that he puts up Mike Richter finalist numbers for the school he transfers to after Granato cuts him?
          100% gonna happen if he gets cut. I don't see him being cut though, Rowe and this Garrity fellow can't be it. They'd need to bring in Grannan too. I do like the idea of possibly staggering Rowe and Grannan if it's possible. A new staff will make all the difference.

Comment

And what is up with the home vs away splits???? 7-7 at home and 3-10-1 on the road, yes 3-10-1! The lads are not doing something right on the road off the ice. That is ridiculous. That's crazy. How can you explain that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              And what is up with the home vs away splits???? 7-7 at home and 3-10-1 on the road, yes 3-10-1! The lads are not doing something right on the road off the ice. That is ridiculous. That's crazy. How can you explain that?
              Inexperience... is actually a valid reason for lack of success on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                Ok yes. But they are 28 games into the season and after starting the year 4-2 they are 6-15-1 since. Since the break they are 3-7, and have lost 5 in a row.

With experience, wins should follow don't you think? Improvement should be evident with more experience. They aren't winning more, and I have seen very little improvement, especially on the defensive side.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Ok Tony. The USDP guys play on the road all season, that should not affect them. Holloway played 53 games last year, so 26 or so on the road. They also have a more demanding schedule in game per week with lots of travel. I don't buy it for these guys. The right out of HS guys like Vorlicky I can agree on being affected.

Comment

Disagree. It's not like there are intimidating venues in the BiG 7..there aren't any.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

PSU fills their place at least and then a drop and Michigan seems to be a pretty clear second place. Then a big drop before everyone else at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        Disagree. It's not like there are intimidating venues in the BiG 7..there aren't any.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Ok Tony. The USDP guys play on the road all season, that should not affect them. Holloway played 53 games last year, so 26 or so on the road. They also have a more demanding schedule in game per week with lots of travel. I don't buy it for these guys. The right out of HS guys like Vorlicky I can agree on being affected.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        Ok yes. But they are 28 games into the season and after starting the year 4-2 they are 6-15-1 since. Since the break they are 3-7, and have lost 5 in a row.

With experience, wins should follow don't you think? Improvement should be evident with more experience. They aren't winning more, and I have seen very little improvement, especially on the defensive side.
                        Listen guys, next time I’m leading practice I’ll be sure to run everything that was said to the players and the coaches.

Comment

Listen guys, next time I’m leading practice I’ll be sure to run everything that was said to the players and the coaches.
                          Maybe there won't be a next time. :0 I do feel bad for you since you just built that new home and JK Security Solutions did such on nice job on it. The market is booming, I think you will come out ok when all is said and done. It's not personal Tony, it's just business.

It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Nobody has mentioned the absolutely stupid gimmick for tonight's game? Are you ****ing kidding me? Wear your ****ing pajamas to the game? This is so "Federal League-ish". If I hadn't already dumped my tickets, I would've for this gimmick.
                            WINNING PROGRAMS DO NOT NEED MIDDLE SCHOOL GIMMICKS.

#****ingEmbarrassing
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Amen, MCR.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                Nobody has mentioned the absolutely stupid gimmick for tonight's game? Are you ****ing kidding me? Wear your ****ing pajamas to the game? This is so "Federal League-ish". If I hadn't already dumped my tickets, I would've for this gimmick.
                                WINNING PROGRAMS DO NOT NEED MIDDLE SCHOOL GIMMICKS.

#****ingEmbarrassing
                                Maybe UW might decide to play some hockey tonight to complement the camera shots into the stands to look at people in pj's.

TG did a video a few weeks ago that said: "Come out and see the 3 legged race between periods". LOL.

No game on tv tonight, that sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X