This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Good win. Good to hear they put on a good show in Portland .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Swayman ++++++++++ this weekend.
      S*** I guess. 0.948 for the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        S*** I guess. 0.948 for the weekend.
        So they barely bested a decent conference at home. Whippittyydoooo.

Need to beat top teams in our own conference. Beat PC, NU, UMassA...

A win and a tie with schedule concerns means nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Good win. Good to hear they put on a good show in Portland .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          Some day, they are bound to pull head out of arse.

Comment

I’ll take the 3 points, better than expected. Swayman for Hobey.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Very good win for Maine today. Congrats!
              The game got better as it went on.
              I sat next to Maine back-up goalie Ouimette who played the first season(s) under Coach Semler, I believe he said. Very knowledgeable and friendly.
              I made it to Merrimack and am watching the UMass Lowell game now.
              Home tomorrow. Thanks for the fun on here and continued good-luck this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                Very good win for Maine today. Congrats!
                The game got better as it went on.
                I sat next to Maine back-up goalie Ouimette who played the first season(s) under Coach Semler, I believe he said. Very knowledgeable and friendly.
                I made it to Merrimack and am watching the UMass Lowell game now.
                Home tomorrow. Thanks for the fun on here and continued good-luck this season.
                Glad you had a good trip!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  So they barely bested a decent conference at home. Whippittyydoooo.

Need to beat top teams in our own conference. Beat PC, NU, UMassA...

A win and a tie with schedule concerns means nothing.
                  Wins can build confidence, especially when teams come from behind in tough, physical games like today. I was one of the neutrals watching the game in Portland. It was a little flat in the first period as I think quick turnaround from the previous evening blunted the start. Maine deserves credit for fighting back in the game.

I have to say that the officiating was poor today in that the referees let it get too chippy. A lot of extra stick work and clashes off the puck went unpunished and things almost got out of control. A couple guys had to be separated in the handshake line.
                  Last edited by DavidNardolillo; 01-04-2020, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Maine goes 6-2-2 non-conference. The highest rated NC opponent was #24 Quinnipiac. The tie against #59 SLU and loss to #44 Yale were killer. Turn those into the wins they should have been and 8-1-1 Maine is 17th in the pairwise. Instead Maine is 25th and will need to go almost perfect to even threaten for a spot in the national tournament.

As it stands now, Maine has a 6-0-2 record against all opponents at Alfond Arena (average KRACH of 37.6) - 3-0-1 at Alfond vs non-conference opponents (average KRACH of 47.3) The only teams Maine will host in the top 35 of KRACH for the rest of the season are one game against both #10 Northeastern and #12 Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Maine goes 6-2-2 non-conference. The highest rated NC opponent was #24 Quinnipiac. The tie against #59 SLU and loss to #44 Yale were killer. Turn those into the wins they should have been and 8-1-1 Maine is 17th in the pairwise. Instead Maine is 25th and will need to go almost perfect to even threaten for a spot in the national tournament.

As it stands now, Maine has a 6-0-2 record against all opponents at Alfond Arena (average KRACH of 37.6) - 3-0-1 at Alfond vs non-conference opponents (average KRACH of 47.3) The only teams Maine will host in the top 35 of KRACH for the rest of the season are one game against both #10 Northeastern and #12 Providence.
                      Well we can dream, can't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Absolutely. The schedule is so easy there's no reason Maine shouldn't be almost perfect. Of course, the Nov/Dec ECAC part of the schedule was insanely easy and Maine went 1-1-1. Go figure.

The good news is the folks who have tickets at Alfond should see lots of wins, but they're not going to see anyone good...

Comment

Yes. We can

Comment

Next season... you might like.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I'm going to call it ahead of time, Maine will beat Northeastern in that game. They are only slightly better than Maine and struggle on the road. Combined with Maine's prowness at home, I bet you Maine wins. The Providence game I have hope for, but I'm not sure what they will do.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                I'm going to call it ahead of time, Maine will beat Northeastern in that game. They are only slightly better than Maine and struggle on the road. Combined with Maine's prowness at home, I bet you Maine wins. The Providence game I have hope for, but I'm not sure what they will do.
                                Should have swept on home ice... given schedule.

Number 20 still looks lost and they shuffled pairings. Put him with 18. Of coarse this is lost.... as is my knowledge of old port, evidently.

Comment

Working...
                                X