This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Is that good for you if it brings tech to Portland?
    Not directly. But I think it is great for the state of Maine. The alternative is people don’t invest in Portland, which can’t be good. I think it is great if it generates more of a technology hub in Portland. Maybe then more people could stay in Maine and have high wages in an exciting tech field. Not sure that announcement alone gets that dream to fruition... but a long journey starts off with a step.
    seacoastonline.com/news/20200127/mainers-100m-donation-bringing-northeastern-research-center-to-portland
    Last edited by BlackI; 01-27-2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      To stand a chance of being relevant it's going to take more than a sweep of Merrimack. My definition of being relevant isn't sliding in at 8 or 7. It is a fairly tough road.
      Yeah, agree. Maine’s got a long way to go before becoming relevant.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        Yeah, agree. Maine’s got a long way to go before becoming relevant.
        My gutt feel... we will be let down again. There really is no reason why they can’t clean it until PC games. But I’ve been fooled several times under this regime.

Comment

There is a reason that there is a Portland Oregon. There is a reason there is an Orono Minnesota.

Comment

Good for me since my employer is a founding partner and there is a good chance they’ll at least pay for at a certificate in machine learning to add to my M.S. in computer science.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              Good for me since my employer is a founding partner and there is a good chance they’ll at least pay for at a certificate in machine learning to add to my M.S. in computer science.
              Good on you

Comment

Although there is a huge difference between cs versus robotics and machine learning. Do you have any robotics background?

Comment

You should apply. But you also need electronics.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                    You should apply. But you also need electronics.
                    We use machine learning all the time and it has nothing to do with robotics or electronics. Think neural networks / deep learning for things like image and video processing, data mining, etc.

We aren’t building roombas or self-driving cars here. AI is much bigger than robotics.
                    Last edited by BassAle; 01-27-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

We use machine learning all the time and it has nothing to do with robotics or electronics. Think neural networks / deep learning for things like image and video processing, data mining, etc.

We aren’t building roombas or self-driving cars here. AI is much bigger than robotics.
                      Did you study under prof ruhhsavi

Comment

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        So what happened to all the "We can't get Red out of town fast enough" posts????
                        This is our conundrum...

All Maine fans who have eyes realize that Red will never be the answer, yet that same group is rooting for the actual team.

It's hard -for me, at least- to reconcile this reality.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-27-2020, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Ok, #4 BC drops 2, not 1, but 2 games at home over the weekend to unranked Maine. In the 1/27/20 poll update, BC drops from USCHO #4 down to #5. Really?? What would they have to do to drop out of the top 10...cancel the Hockey Program? One of the few rubs I have with USCHO but a legitimate one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            This is our conundrum...

All Maine fans who have eyes realize that Red will never be the answer, yet that same group is rooting for the actual team.

Yes you feel need to go over top. Hard for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              This is our conundrum...

The lasting part is the team, Red will walk out the door someday and then onto something else. Support of the team goes on regardless.
                              Heck someday we might be debating the virtues of red vs some future coach, like the TW debate never dies.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                                Ok, #4 BC drops 2, not 1, but 2 games at home over the weekend to unranked Maine. In the 1/27/20 poll update, BC drops from USCHO #4 down to #5. Really?? What would they have to do to drop out of the top 10...cancel the Hockey Program? One of the few rubs I have with USCHO but a legitimate one.
                                Don’t worry. They will drop. But we have to look at our rivals. UNH is kicking it.

Comment

Working...
                                X