This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    It's in Hermon or Hampden. The town line is near there. Take Coldbrook exit off I 95. It's right there at the exit.
    Ok thanks. I know where it is but they all begin with an h. If you see it from highway, you’ve gone too far. 🤣

Comment

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      I'd ignore the advice about just going to the Portland game. Go to Orono its a good trip, take in a game at the alfond. It's a good college hockey rink. Portland rink is a sterile ahl rink without an ahl team.
      There's good food and beer in orono too.
      I agree, ignore the Maineachusetts crowd, you should experience Alfond Arena. Probably wont be rockin' like it would be with UNH in town, but it should be fun. The Cross Insurance Arena in Portland is ugly and most of the "fans" that show up are not Black Bear fans. This is a wasted home game IMO. Better yet, go to both and let us know which game you enjoyed more.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
        I agree, ignore the Maineachusetts crowd, you should experience Alfond Arena. Probably wont be rockin' like it would be with UNH in town, but it should be fun. The Cross Insurance Arena in Portland is ugly and most of the "fans" that show up are not Black Bear fans. This is a wasted home game IMO. Better yet, go to both and let us know which game you enjoyed more.
        Well, we can accommodate him nicely so as long as he isn’t a UNH or bu fan.

Comment

I'll continue to support this line of thinking, if you are able to make the drive Orono it is worth it. A fair warning, though, the students are on Winter Break so the atmosphere might not quite be what it would be during a game heavily populated by students. I've personally never been to a Portland game, but I've heard they aren't as fun.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice.
            I am pretty sure my agenda will be...
            Friday night... Omaha at Maine in Orono.
            Saturday afternoon... Omaha at Maine in Portland.
            Saturday night... UMass Lowell at Merrimack in North Andover.
            In that way, I log in three new hockey arenas (106-107-108).
            It will be a lot of road time, but I just got back from driving out to Ohio State this past weekend for a pair of tough Colgate losses. I enjoy the back roads.
            I will miss the student atmosphere in Maine, but hopefully I can get back another day.
            Again, thanks all.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
              Thanks for all the advice.
              I am pretty sure my agenda will be...
              Friday night... Omaha at Maine in Orono.
              Saturday afternoon... Omaha at Maine in Portland.
              Saturday night... UMass Lowell at Merrimack in North Andover.
              In that way, I log in three new hockey arenas (106-107-108).
              It will be a lot of road time, but I just got back from driving out to Ohio State this past weekend for a pair of tough Colgate losses. I enjoy the back roads.
              I will miss the student atmosphere in Maine, but hopefully I can get back another day.
              Again, thanks all.
              Go to great lost bear .... or three dollar deweys. You will save yourself windshield time driving to mass.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                I'll continue to support this line of thinking, if you are able to make the drive Orono it is worth it. A fair warning, though, the students are on Winter Break so the atmosphere might not quite be what it would be during a game heavily populated by students. I've personally never been to a Portland game, but I've heard they aren't as fun.
                Never been to a Portland game???

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Never been to a Portland game???
                  Me neither for a Maine game. Just never motivated for it when we could go to any game in orono.
                  Been to pirates games when they were there.

Comment

A new decade is upon us. One that surely should result in better hockey results for the bears. Red can't last 10 more years. Can he? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      A new decade is upon us. One that surely should result in better hockey results for the bears. Red can't last 10 more years. Can he? Nah.
                      Hard to say what will be in the cards for this Program after this season...many questions/rumors/hopes...and all will center around is Gendron coming back for his last year of his contract...does he surprise people and Resign and move on...or does AD Ralph make the purge and Fire/Buy-out Gendron's final season. This will go round and round....hopes are high when hearing Montgomery let go by the NHL's Dallas Stars...but then there's the old Bug-a-boo of baggage attached to Montgomery now. Who knows???...pretty much nobody...we can all speculate and throw ideas and hopes out. My take is Gendron's era is a failure and a big one at that. I know money is always the issue when dismissing Coaches and hiring a New Man, but where is this Program going..???? Are they just happy to play Div.1 and live on the past and re-plays of better times...or does the AD decide enough is enough and time for change and making the Program relevant again, at least playing winning hockey with Hardware in mind from time to time. Nothing stays the same, but this era of hockey stinks and needs to be flushed out....re-boot and do it the right way...make solid moves and move towards a positive out look down the line. Not easy, nope...and change means patience and understanding pain will come before the glory...like I said: easy to say and throw out, but talk is cheap and whiskey cost money...your either in fully or just for a ride. ANYWAYS HAPPY NEW YEAR Maine fans and lets HOPE for change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        Hard to say what will be in the cards for this Program after this season...many questions/rumors/hopes...and all will center around is Gendron coming back for his last year of his contract...does he surprise people and Resign and move on...or does AD Ralph make the purge and Fire/Buy-out Gendron's final season. This will go round and round....hopes are high when hearing Montgomery let go by the NHL's Dallas Stars...but then there's the old Bug-a-boo of baggage attached to Montgomery now. Who knows???...pretty much nobody...we can all speculate and throw ideas and hopes out. My take is Gendron's era is a failure and a big one at that. I know money is always the issue when dismissing Coaches and hiring a New Man, but where is this Program going..???? Are they just happy to play Div.1 and live on the past and re-plays of better times...or does the AD decide enough is enough and time for change and making the Program relevant again, at least playing winning hockey with Hardware in mind from time to time. Nothing stays the same, but this era of hockey stinks and needs to be flushed out....re-boot and do it the right way...make solid moves and move towards a positive out look down the line. Not easy, nope...and change means patience and understanding pain will come before the glory...like I said: easy to say and throw out, but talk is cheap and whiskey cost money...your either in fully or just for a ride. ANYWAYS HAPPY NEW YEAR Maine fans and lets HOPE for change.
                        Well lets start another rumor then. Last I heard (right after the BU weekend) Gendron got his extension. I expect that he will be with us until he decides to retire. The school is in pretty hard times financially so I think a buy out or hiring a new high priced coach isn't in the cards for now...

Comment

Well lets start another rumor then. Last I heard (right after the BU weekend) Gendron got his extension. I expect that he will be with us until he decides to retire. The school is in pretty hard times financially so I think a buy out or hiring a new high priced coach isn't in the cards for now...
                          Are you trying to make us drink even more? A real beacon of hope.

On a different note, happy New Years blackbear fans!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Are you trying to make us drink even more? A real beacon of hope.

On a different note, happy New Years blackbear fans!
                            Happy New Year to you too BlackI and to all the other Mainiacs out there.

So I guess another rumor is in order now as well... Word is Swayman plans to stay at Maine for his last year of eligibility. I certainly hope this one is true...

Comment

Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                              Are you saying that he has a extension coming after next seasons last year on his contract? I hope the hell not. No need to extend, make him earn it and think about it. Where is he going and who wants him...let him hang and wait. I know if that should happen, I have dropped 3 donation seats season tickets this season for just a regular season ticket...I will cut back even more and only go with the Saturday games package instead. This time I hope your wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                                Happy New Year to you too BlackI and to all the other Mainiacs out there.

So I guess another rumor is in order now as well... Word is Swayman plans to stay at Maine for his last year of eligibility. I certainly hope this one is true...
                                If Swayman would stay that would be a shot in the arm in that area...but I see the Bruins wanting to get him advanced in playing more...so I would not be surprise to see Swayman leave and join the Bruins and play in the ECHL to start and then onto the AHL as he gains experience in the pro ranks.

Comment

Working...
                                X