This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

This will propel Maine onto the bubble for Pairwise...
    The Black Bears remain ninth in Hockey East...

ETA: For the record, a Saturday night win at Quinnipiac would have put Maine at 11th in the pairwise.
    Last edited by ticapnews; 01-25-2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      Fish, I’m dying to read your next post!!! Cmon brother, entertain us😂
      He can’t . Because it happened on ice. Behind the net.

Comment

Thats a big weekend for you guys congrats!
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          Sorry had to go back for this one.
          Yessahhh.
          Congrats. Hey if you think Maine is in their heads, you must be hoping for a return trip in March. Would probably be a wild series like this weekend.

Comment

What a weekend! It will be interesting to see where the Black Bears fall in the PairWise. I would think they put themselves in a decent position if they can take care of UConn, Merrimack and Vermont. Add in a win against PC or NU and hope is not lost.

Now, they just need to show up against a lesser opponent in Merrimack and take four points next weekend at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Congrats. Hey if you think Maine is in their heads, you must be hoping for a return trip in March. Would probably be a wild series like this weekend.
              Actually I like JD perspectives. And Hockey’s ref perspectives....

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                I have no expectations for this team post season.
                But five in a row is fun.
                Last edited by NorthMike; 01-25-2020, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Live pairwise

13 Quinnipiac
                  14 Northeastern
                  15 New Hampshire
                  16 Mass.-Lowell
                  17 Maine

Maine needs to sweep UConn, UVM and Merrimack at home and win at least one against Northeastern and Providence. Then will need to win the Hockey East Quarters to have a realistic chance at an at-large.

The losses to Yale and Quinnipiac and the tie to St Lawrence are huge. Change those to the wins they should have been and Maine is a 2 seed (in Albany, no less).

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Live pairwise

13 Quinnipiac
                    14 Northeastern
                    15 New Hampshire
                    16 Mass.-Lowell
                    17 Maine

Maine needs to sweep UConn, UVM and Merrimack at home and win at least one against Northeastern and Providence. Then will need to win the Hockey East Quarters to have a realistic chance at an at-large.

The losses to Yale and Quinnipiac and the tie to St Lawrence are huge. Change those to the wins they should have been and Maine is a 2 seed (in Albany, no less).
                    Don’t think we can be upset about a split at Quinnipiac. Having seven games on the road was an unbelievablely stupid idea.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Live pairwise

13 Quinnipiac
                      14 Northeastern
                      15 New Hampshire
                      16 Mass.-Lowell
                      17 Maine

The boys can love.... because they can...doesn’t mean much... but for them they win

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Fish, I’m dying to read your next post!!! Cmon brother, entertain us��
                        Maine scores 2.5 goals per game (as usual) yet sweeps BC at Conte. That's fairly amazing, until you consider that Sway had a Save % of .939 over the weekend.

Well, whatever it takes. If they get-in, they could win a game or two. It's clearly all about Swayman, end of story.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-25-2020, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Don’t think we can be upset about a split at Quinnipiac. Having seven games on the road was an unbelievablely stupid idea.
                          Dumb

Comment

• I mean teeaauuaaeettsss.
                            Last edited by BlackI; 01-25-2020, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              I have no expectations for this team post season.
                              But five in a row is fun.
                              To be fair, you also had no expectations for this team this weekend at BC.
                              I didn’t have much myself. Never say never.

On Friday afternoon, I fully anticipated Maine to get skated right off the rink at Conte for this weekend series. I was freakin’ dreading it. Look at this s••t man. Unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                The boys can love.... because they can...doesn’t mean much... but for them they win
                                That’s quite prophetic Blackie. Nice work. We can see you’ve really been working on this. Haaaaaa!

Comment

Working...
                                X