X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    2-2 after two.

Pace still up. Sort of a physical game where officials letting boys play.

Let’s see if Maine has twenty left at this tempo.
    Well this sucks losing to UConn. This is a team they have to beat to be taken seriously. Nationally or otherwise. No bueno. Good night.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      Well this sucks losing to UConn. This is a team they have to beat to be taken seriously. Nationally or otherwise. No bueno. Good night.
      AYUH. Maine loses 3-2 after being up 2-0.

Kind of sad play defensively on that third UConn goal, step up to defend puck carrier when he already is defended and let Firstov get behind you.... in on Swayman alone...

Comment

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        AYUH. Maine loses 3-2 after being up 2-0.

Kind of sad play defensively on that third UConn goal, step up to defend puck carrier when he already is defended and let Firstov get behind you.... in on Swayman alone...
        Winnable game for Maine. Except they allowed 3 unanswered goals. Maine played discipline hockey which was encouraging. Two good goal tenders.

Comment

Jeez.

This team scores 2 goals as per usual.

There is no offensive talent in Orono, and neither Jimmy nor Ben nor Alpie nor Frank could bail this squad out for the long haul.

If Maine renews Red, I'm going to quit watching them altogether.

Enough is enough, FCS.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-15-2020, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Jeez.

This team scores 2 goals as per usual.

There is no offensive talent in Orono, and neither Jimmy nor Ben nor Alpie nor Frank could bail this squad out for the long haul.

If Maine renews Red, I'm going to quit watching them altogether.

Enough is enough, FCS.
            All true that's why there needs to be a tear down and Gendron shown the door out once the season ends.

Comment

Playoff Hockey in Hockey East could be in the rear view mirror if they don't sneak a split or two on the road and take care of business at home to end the last part of the season...no playoffs and that really has to open the AD's eye's.

Comment

I guess one of the UConns assts flipped Red off after the game. Too Funny. People wonder why I don't watch Maine hockey anymore. UConn was 0-4-1 in the their last 5, nice of Maine to get them off the losing streak.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  All true that's why there needs to be a tear down and Gendron shown the door out once the season ends.
                  Unfortunately don't be surprised when Red and comp. are running the show again next year. CT has talent and coaching, just a matter of time if they can put it together.

Any word on Tralmaks injury? Did he stay out the full game or come back in?

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    Unfortunately don't be surprised when Red and comp. are running the show again next year. CT has talent and coaching, just a matter of time if they can put it together.

Any word on Tralmaks injury? Did he stay out the full game or come back in?
                    Came back in. He seemed fine after coming back.

Comment

I remember now why I stopped watching and following Maine Hockey 3 years ago. At one time I had hopes that Red would be able to get it done given enough time. Wrong. Oh well, lets put up another stiff behind the bench and see what happens. Is Ben Guite still with this staff? Its been sooooo long since I even checked up on this program. Nothing missed, lol. I guess the only consolation might be seeing several of the other teams in HE floundering as well. Bring back Tim Whitehead
                      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I guess one of the UConns assts flipped Red off after the game. Too Funny. People wonder why I don't watch Maine hockey anymore. UConn was 0-4-1 in the their last 5, nice of Maine to get them off the losing streak.
                        I'm sure that came after a choice comment by Gendron. When UConn came back and tied the score at 2-2; I thought Cavanaugh would take care of Gendron for the win. Hard to quantify, but Cavanaugh was getting more out of his players in my opinion. Both teams have a number of international players but I thought UConn had more skill offensively.

Comment

Tough game to drop, especially in the fashion they did. It's one you really have to have. The home schedule is soft enough the rest of the way I bet they'll still make the playoffs, but they'll get annihilated in two games, most likely in Chestnut Hill or Amherst.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            Tough game to drop, especially in the fashion they did. It's one you really have to have. The home schedule is soft enough the rest of the way I bet they'll still make the playoffs, but they'll get annihilated in two games, most likely in Chestnut Hill or Amherst.
                            What's sad with this Program, is hoping and knowing once you get in and either make it in as a 7th or 8th seed that this is your gravy for the season and afterwards 2 playoff games and out the door, my only hope in being a #8 seed is that Swayman could steal a series...but stealing a series he has to stand on his head each night and some how some where's Maine has to score some goals to back him up. TOO MUCH TO ASK.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              I don't think Coach Cavanaugh is a better coach than Coach Gendron, although he may be a better recruiter. After last night's game their career records are close:
                              Coach Gendron - 92-124-29, 0.435
                              Coach Cavanaugh - 86-119-31, 0.430

So, if Coach Gendron has had less talent, then he is the slightly better game coach. However, Coach Cavanaugh does own the head-to-head record between the two. In reality both coaches should probably be terminated if they don't end up with winning records overall and in league play and make the tournament this season.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                I don't think Coach Cavanaugh is a better coach than Coach Gendron, although he may be a better recruiter. After last night's game their career records are close:
                                Coach Gendron - 92-124-29, 0.435
                                Coach Cavanaugh - 86-119-31, 0.430

So, if Coach Gendron has had less talent, then he is the slightly better game coach. However, Coach Cavanaugh does own the head-to-head record between the two. In reality both coaches should probably be terminated if they don't end up with winning records overall and in league play and make the tournament this season.

Sean
                                Cavanaugh is the better recruiter in my mind. He has recruited better talent without a team legacy (unlike Maine) , so I think it's been harder for him. As you point out Cavanaugh has the better record head to head and both are serving as first time head coaches. It's just a gut feeling, but I would terminate Gendron and bring back Cavanaugh for a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                                X