This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I honestly disagree, regarding the team as having no talent.
    They do. If red had a bus load of nhl draftees he'd still put em all to sleep and talk about their identity while putting up mediocre numbers.

Comment

Coming out of StL with a win and a tie is less than we should expect. It’s 3 pts but that was a mandatory two win weekend. Especially if they start Sway both games. I mean look at St Lawrence, their record, and their schedule. They are one of the worst eight teams in D1.
      That said, Maine still garners the most points of any team outside the top 20 in today’s poll, so is considered the #21 team in the country. Which is a notch above where they were last week. I don’t agree, but to paraphrase Parcells, you are what the poll says you are.
      Last edited by DoubleA; 12-02-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        This team certainly has *some* talent, but no Red team has had enough to get Maine even close to an NCAA berth, and this one appears to be cut from the same cloth.

You're a young buck with a positive attitude, and I admire that. It's good to have you on here. Thing is, lots of us old bastids are still pining-away for the days when Maine won 30-ish games every year and were a perennial national juggernaut.

I'd rather be you, in that context... But we cross our fingers, and on we go.
        Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it. It just frustrates me because when I watch the Black Bears, I see a reasonably talented team that's playing as less than the sum of their parts. Obviously their talent dosen't stack up with the BC's, North Dakota's, and Denvers of the world, but I still feel they could be better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          They do. If red had a bus load of nhl draftees he'd still put em all to sleep and talk about their identity while putting up mediocre numbers.
          Exactly. I really don't think the recruiting has been awful, but getting it all put together has been the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            Exactly. I really don't think the recruiting has been awful, but getting it all put together has been the challenge.
            This is what I believe as well.

Comment

You sound like you’ve listened to the coach’s show.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                You sound like you’ve listened to the coach’s show.
                Ha ha, yes I'm a little ashamed of that.
                But I enjoy hearing from the players and other guests.

Comment

Me too. Always listen and always lulled. But a true fan would do this vs. saying... everything sucks because I want 93 again....

Comment

Me too. Always listen and always lulled. But a true fan would do this vs. saying... everything sucks because I want 93 again....
                    Sometimes I think it would take bushmills in his cornflakes or a 30 pack for him to realize... but until the we get the bucks, the Reynolds, the kariyas...

Comment

Don’t ever be ashamed of being a Maine fan.

Comment

Re: Maine

Sometimes I think it would take bushmills in his cornflakes or a 30 pack for him to realize... but until the we get the bucks, the Reynolds, the kariyas...
                        I try to ignore your drunken rants... Really, I do.

But, you're quoting your own nonsense, Blackie? And who's Reynolds?

It would be helpful to us all if you could somehow install a breathalyzer on your devices.

Comment

It would be helpful to us all if you could somehow install a breathalyzer on your devices.
                          Guides Reynolds.

Comment

Also.. you never ignore my rants wether drunken or not. You puss

Comment

Re: Maine

Guides Reynolds.
                              And who is he?

Comment

You believe 93 is coming on Christmas night. You are not only ignorant, you stand on a stubbornness, where you can’t see anymore. For you it is black and white.

Mule

Comment

Working...
                                X