This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Gutsy win, especially with the way regulation ended.
    Yeh, Maine just out husstled them, bc didn't get to play their game.
    Talk about Sway stealing a game, this was it.

Comment

• Re: Maine

Guess I should have finished watching the game instead of switching to the Celtics after the 1st Good win for them, BC looked pretty good in the 1st.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

As I've said before, Swayman can carry at team...as last night showed it...especially in the 1st period where he made a half dozen key saves that Maine could have been in the hole 4-0 instead of 2-0...a lot people know he's the key while some think he's just ok...finally he got some help from the offence...4 goals and Maine has a excellent chance of winning games...3 goals and there right in it. They can upset a team in the 1st round with Swayman, getting 3/4 goals and say playing BC again...Maine is in there heads and they could be ripe for a upset if it came down to a #1 vs #8 or if BC slips to #2 and Maine makes it up to #7...would be a interesting series...with imo Maine needing to win game one and really putting the pressure on Yorks Eagles. The key to this series would be Swayman/Offence by Maine/and some discipline big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          This Fossier dude is pretty filthy.
          He can be sneaky. He's a musician on the side. Has some music on spotify

Comment

• Anybody know what Northeastern’s plans are in Portland?

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/01/24/northeastern-university-to-make-major-announcement-in-portland/

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Anybody know what Northeastern’s plans are in Portland?

https://www.pressherald.com/2020/01/24/northeastern-university-to-make-major-announcement-in-portland/
              Maybe they’re going to acquire USM? It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                As I've said before, Swayman can carry at team...as last night showed it...especially in the 1st period where he made a half dozen key saves that Maine could have been in the hole 4-0 instead of 2-0...a lot people know he's the key while some think he's just ok...finally he got some help from the offence...4 goals and Maine has a excellent chance of winning games...3 goals and there right in it. They can upset a team in the 1st round with Swayman, getting 3/4 goals and say playing BC again...Maine is in there heads and they could be ripe for a upset if it came down to a #1 vs #8 or if BC slips to #2 and Maine makes it up to #7...would be a interesting series...with imo Maine needing to win game one and really putting the pressure on Yorks Eagles. The key to this series would be Swayman/Offence by Maine/and some discipline big time.
                I don't think Maine is in their heads. To me they just thought the game was over after the first. If Maine wins again tonight I might change my tune. But overall I agree that no matter who Maine plays in the playoffs Swayman should give you a good chance to win.

Comment

Anybody know what Northeastern’s plans are in Portland?

I heard down in Mass they ran into some controversy over their marine research, maybe they're trying to do it in Maine instead now.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                    I heard down in Mass they ran into some controversy over their marine research, maybe they're trying to do it in Maine instead now.
                    Looks like they wanted to build a new marine research center and locals opposed it in Nahant.

Comment

Looks like they wanted to build a new marine research center and locals opposed it in Nahant.
                      Yep, that's precisely what I had in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        UMaine already has a marine research facility in Walpole, damariscotta river, Ira C Darling Marine center. Been there since I was a kid. NU going to compete with UMaine?
                        Last edited by walrus; 01-25-2020, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          UMaine already has a marine research facility in Walpole, damariscotta river, Ira C Walpole Marine center. Been there since I was a kid. NU going to compete with UMaine?
                          Evidently they want a research center. Not sure it is a competition thing.

Wished I knew when on vacay in Boothbay. Could’ve checked it out. That area is gorgeous and anyone gets to live there should be thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Wished I knew when on vacay in Boothbay. Could’ve checked it out. That area is gorgeous and anyone gets to live there should be thankful.
                            I spent a lot of time there(darling center) as a kid, It was just starting at that point. Much different now.

Comment

Also, while on the subject the maritime museum in Brunswick is awesome in case anyone is interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I spent a lot of time there(darling center) as a kid, It was just starting at that point. Much different now.
                                I will be headed back that way next summer. So much to do and need more time to hit more stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X