• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Sneddon is stepping down at UVM

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      The writing was pretty much on the wall for Sneddon, time for change at UVM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Maine is a decided 'dog in this game, IMO.

Look at the GPG/GAPG numbers. Maine is 2.7/2.44, while NU is 3.29/2.46.

Swayman will have to be outstanding yet again if Maine expects to win this one.

(Story of the season, and of the Red Era.)
        Difference maker: #1 Swayman

Comment

Spoken like someone who has never had to go through it with a college hockey team. The good news for you is, you never will.
          I've been up and down I-95 PLENTY of times in my life. Yeah, yeah.....we know you were the team towel boy....whatever.

Try diving through the Dixmont Hills in blinding snowstorms....it'll make your "difficult" drive on I-95 seem like a walk in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
            I've been up and down I-95 PLENTY of times in my life. Yeah, yeah.....we know you were the team towel boy....whatever.

Try diving through the Dixmont Hills in blinding snowstorms....it'll make your "difficult" drive on I-95 seem like a walk in the park.
            If you want difficult driving in the winter, go between Mars Hill and Presque Isle or Mars Hill and Fort Fairfield. Doesn't have to be snowing, just windy with some powder in the tater fields
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              If you want difficult driving in the winter, go between Mars Hill and Presque Isle or Mars Hill and Fort Fairfield. Doesn't have to be snowing, just windy with some powder in the tater fields
              That's uphill both ways as well, isn't it?
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Arnie Davis did it. 2.5 hours each way for EVERY game!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  I know Arnie did. He was crazy

Comment

No thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                        WOW.
                        No kidding. I would have stayed the night. They grow 'em tough over in The County.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          No kidding. I would have stayed the night. They grow 'em tough over in The County.
                          He did sometimes, sometimes he didn't. If you ever got a Potato pin or Arnies card you were a friend for life. Dedicated Maine fan(all sports) and one hell of a nice guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                            Wow, that's impressive. You're willing to both mischaracterize what I did with the team while simultaneously denigrating the people who have done that job over the years. All so you can score points on a mythical scoreboard. Very big of you.

Comment

Wow, that's impressive. You're willing to both mischaracterize what I did with the team while simultaneously denigrating the people who have done that job over the years. All so you can score points on a mythical scoreboard. Very big of you.
                              Back in The Day, I would take the 10-hour drive to see my brother in Lincoln in the dead of Winter. We'd drive to Orono from there to watch Maine.

What I remember most about those drives was how big the "sand" spread on the road was north of Bangor. It was essentially gravel, maybe even rip-rap. Went through two windshields over the years.

And on one -25 night, the gas in my lovely two-door '77 Impala gelled in the fuel-lines. D*** thing stalled on even the slightest grades on 95. Had to pull over on the shoulder several times.

But, a concerned fellow Pine-Stater bailed me out with a bottle of dry gas (remember that stuff?) somewhere above Howland. I'd still be sending him a Christmas card if I had his address.

Yes, I do go on and on, but my point is aligned with your earlier one: I-95 isn't your typical aseptic highway.

Sure wasn't then, and it isn't now, either.
                              Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-06-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Todays weather will test the resolve and hardiness of us fans to travel to the game, but not to the extent of the previous mentioned legend. Test the DOTs abilities of keeping I95 ice free, while also checking the local towns abilities to keep some sand on the "roads". Admittedly I'm not feeling confident of the road maintenance from here to I95 for just an hour trip South to get to the game. But it will be tested. Feed the horses bring some tow straps and of course 4x4.

Also admittedly I wouldn't go if we already didn't have tickets.
                                Last edited by NorthMike; 02-07-2020, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X