This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

I really can't see them doing better than an away hockey east tourney showing and not advancing. Same ole

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      I really can't see them doing better than an away hockey east tourney showing and not advancing. Same ole
      I'm more optimistic than most, but it depends on their opponent how they will do. If they can also somehow finagle home ice out of their long homestand against the basement of Hockey East, that bodes even better. I will admit most likely scenario is a two game sweep loss on the road at either Matthews or Schneider.

Comment

After seeing the results of the last 5 games on the road I don't see how anyone could think they can win a series away
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          After seeing the results of the last 5 games on the road I don't see how anyone could think they can win a series away
          We had a pretty good beginning, a little national recognition and came close to making USCHO Top 20. Then the 7 game road stretch...
          Despite a good season beginning (save for the 1st weekend), the last 7 games are a significant disappointment. In game order,
          -Bears could/should have split with Northeastern. No go.
          -Bears should have absolutely swept St. Lawrence, one of the bottom teams in all of D-1.
          -Bears got smoked by UMass scoring 1 lousy goal each game.
          -Bears lose to a mediocre Yale team and again score 1 goal.
          So 1 goal in each of last 4 games. No bueno.
          Young Thiessen has played a total of 7:02 so far giving up 3 goals to The Q. So much for having a solid #2 goalie who will give Sway a break now and again. “Open Net” has more playing time than Thiessen. Sad.
          Pat Shea- 1 goal/1assist thru 19 games...really Patrick??
          Entire Freshman class- 5 goals/11 assists thru 19 games...meh. Was hoping for better.
          Team averages 5.5 penalties per game if my math is correct. That’s an improvement over past several seasons.
          I see the 2nd half of the season as 7-8-0. I pray for better but it is important to be a realist. I’ll be at the Nebraska-Omaha game 1/4/20. That series should define how much fortitude this team can muster.
          Merry Christmas to all my friends here on Fan Forum.

Comment

The PWR and RPI would have Maine going 10-5. The KRACH would predict 5-10.

Best case scenario IMO is 8-7, provided Sway keeps it up.

Comment

The optimist in me says 12-3, with the three losses in the road games against BC and PC.

The realist in me says 8-7, as they'll drop some to Connecticut like they always do, lose to Omaha in Portland, and lose both to Providence.

The pessimist in me says 5-10, as they limp to the finish line and don't sweep any series.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                The optimist in me says 12-3, with the three losses in the road games against BC and PC.

The realist in me says 8-7, as they'll drop some to Connecticut like they always do, lose to Omaha in Portland, and lose both to Providence.

The pessimist in me says 5-10, as they limp to the finish line and don't sweep any series.
                Neither 5-10 nor 8-7 will surprise me much, but 12-3 would floor me... Still, that's possible. As you say, the 2nd-half schedule is soft, and there are a lot of home games there.

Just saying, but HE has 5 teams in the PW top-16 right now, and the best OOC record of any conference. That circumstance might bolster Maine's PW (somewhat) as the season goes on, as long as they can finish strong.

I certainly don't see Maine as a tournament team at this point, but they *might* sneak in with a robust finish. (And a W or three v. BC, NU and/or PC will be critical in that calculus.)

Comment

Saw NESN picked a best player of the decade for every Hockey East team and went with Hutton...... woof. Nyquist is the guy and if you want to say “he was only there 2 years of the decade” then its Spencer Abbott..

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                  43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                  104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                  3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Speaking of which the All Decade first team for Maine for me is pretty easy
                    F: Shore Nyquist Abbott
                    D: Hutton, O’Neill
                    G: Swayman

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      Speaking of which the All Decade first team for Maine for me is pretty easy
                      F: Shore Nyquist Abbott
                      D: Hutton, O’Neill
                      G: Swayman
                      Timmay coach of the decade?
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Certainly the Maine coach of this decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Puke

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post

You are great. However, it is and has been lost.

Mr king is not coming back. Local radio gave him a big finger.

No hope now.

Comment

Merry Christmas to all..! Good hockey on the Horizon, World Juniors begin tomorrow, Canada vs. USA @ 1pm from the Czech Republic. (NHL NETWORK) Dec.26 to Jan. 5

Comment

Merry Christmas to all our fellow Black Bear fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X