This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine

We used to make the trip to Amherst every year. Easiest HE drive for us at 2.5 hours one-way, and with minimal traffic. We saw many a Maine win there for many years. Was a sure win(s) during the Walsh and Whitehead eras, as a general rule.

Don't see the point of doing that anymore, we and haven't considered it in a few years.

Red needs to go. Simple as that.

Comment

I was at tonights game, and it was as bad as the stats say. No flow, no cohesion, and two five minute majors with ejections two to one. I bet tomorrow is better, but tonight was bad. At least it wasn't a shutout.

Comment

Also, something clicked in my head about part of the reason why Maine struggles so much sometimes. They are absolutely awful along the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          I was at tonights game, and it was as bad as the stats say. No flow, no cohesion, and two five minute majors with ejections two to one. I bet tomorrow is better, but tonight was bad. At least it wasn't a shutout.
          Where did you stay? We always bunked in Hadley, ate well locally, and did our runs up the CT River before the Saturday games.

Good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Where did you stay? We always bunked in Hadley, ate well locally, and did our runs up the CT River before the Saturday games.

Good memories.
            We are currently in the car on the way back headed east, I'm with a few friends and we are staying at one of our houses. The arena is quite nice, their fans not so much.

Comment

We are currently in the car on the way back headed east, I'm with a few friends and we are staying at one of our houses. The arena is quite nice, their fans not so much.
              It used to be a tradition for the students to stand until UMass scored.

That used to take some time. Occasionally the entire game v. Maine.

Not so much of a problem these days.

Comment

I watched one and a half periods on tv then went to Netflix. I just saw all the same problems reds teams have had combined into one game.

Comment

Also, something clicked in my head about part of the reason why Maine struggles so much sometimes. They are absolutely awful along the boards.
                  That and the numerous turnovers and inability to carry the puck out of the d zone, etc etc.
                  Reds system.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                    That and the numerous turnovers and inability to carry the puck out of the d zone, etc etc.
                    Reds system.
                    I wonder how often a team plays three weekends in a row away from home. Not that Maine would have necessarily won, but the horrible scheduling really irritates me and it certainly played a part in the lousy performance last night.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      Reds system.
                      Another thing I noticed was how Maine tried to go D-to-D nearly every time to set up a play if they won a draw in the offensive zone, and it became so predictable that Carvel would just send a guy streaking up the middle to cut off the points every time, and it kept working and earned UMass several easy breakouts and even a few odd-man rushes.

Comment

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I wonder how often a team plays three weekends in a row away from home. Not that Maine would have necessarily won, but the horrible scheduling really irritates me and it certainly played a part in the lousy performance last night.
                        Thats a load of crap, they could play every game at home and Red would still be coach
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          I watched one and a half periods on tv then went to Netflix. I just saw all the same problems reds teams have had combined into one game.
                          Same here. Only I didn’t make it that far. After the leg check I shut it off. Hoping it is easier to watch tonight. Last night was almost as brutal as the Providence game. This team gets under your skin...

Comment

• Re: Maine

Also apparently Red and Carvel were unhappy with each other after the game and got in each other's faces after the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              Also apparently Red and Carvel were unhappy with each other after the game and got in each other's faces after the game.
                              Carvel didn’t like his players getting cheap shot injured. Seems natural.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Carvel didn’t like his players getting cheap shot injured. Seems natural.
                                I wonder if Greenway and/or Bisson will be sitting tonight. I didn't see Bisson's play at the end, but they just sent him off with 5 & a game without any hesitation with less than a minute left in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X