Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have watched the pairings and have paid particular attention to it. If you want to compete.... build a fortress. VMT looks very lost in his own end. Pinches when unnecessary then continuously leaves people to go net front without impeded.

Comment

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      i have watched the pairings and have paid particular attention to it. If you want to compete.... build a fortress. VMT looks very lost in his own end. Pinches when unnecessary then continuously leaves people to go net front without impeded.
      They should move him to forward(VMT)....he's awful on defence.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Weekly reminder that polls, poles, Poles and Pohls are all irrelevant in college hockey.

Maine still isn't ranked.
        Imagine what Sacred Heart would be ranked if they had swept BC on the road instead of losing twice to Holy Cross as well as losses to Bentley, AIC, Air Force & Canisius?!?!

I can't understand why Maine is #15 in the PWR and Sacred Heart is only ranked #27!

Comment

I don’t think last night could have gone any better for Maine. Northeastern is in a tough spot Friday night.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I don’t think last night could have gone any better for Maine. Northeastern is in a tough spot Friday night.
            How so? I feel like them winning, in regulation no less, would have them energized and ready to play. If they had been in BC's position, blowing a big lead and losing after a fair amount of OT, they'd be tired and demoralized. I guess maybe you could say they might not risk playing at full speed or strength, as they won't want to be tired or injured before the Beanpot finals.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
              How so? I feel like them winning, in regulation no less, would have them energized and ready to play. If they had been in BC's position, blowing a big lead and losing after a fair amount of OT, they'd be tired and demoralized. I guess maybe you could say they might not risk playing at full speed or strength, as they won't want to be tired or injured before the Beanpot finals.
              Bottom line Maine needs to be ready...NU is not coming in to be careful for next Monday...they too need wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                I think if they weren’t in the final they would be all in for Friday night, because it is an important game for them, but with a cup final Monday night they’ll probably have one eye on that. It really is the most absurd scheduling by Hockey East. Why wouldn’t they just automatically give the three beanpot teams a home game the weekend between beanpot games?
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  I think if they weren’t in the final they would be all in for Friday night, because it is an important game for them, but with a cup final Monday night they’ll probably have one eye on that. It really is the most absurd scheduling by Hockey East. Why wouldn’t they just automatically give the three beanpot teams a home game the weekend between beanpot games?
                  That makes sense, if they lost they'd have nothing to really play for 'Pot wise and could entirely focus on our game, which is an absolutely massive game, especially for Maine. So I see what you mean. It should be a good and intense game, though Ive been on the record for quite a while saying I expect Maine to win.

Comment

Maine should win this game. The teams are evenly matched, although maybe Northeastern is a tad better. Maine has the home ice advantage and is unbeaten in Alfond this season. Both teams are on a high after big wins (upsetting BC at BC; winning in the Crockpot) and both teams only play a single game this weekend. Of course, Maine is lousy at winning games it should win so really, anything could happen. As such, I'm predicting a tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Maine should win this game. The teams are evenly matched, although maybe Northeastern is a tad better. Maine has the home ice advantage and is unbeaten in Alfond this season. Both teams are on a high after big wins (upsetting BC at BC; winning in the Crockpot) and both teams only play a single game this weekend. Of course, Maine is lousy at winning games it should win so really, anything could happen. As such, I'm predicting a tie.
                      My prediction is a 3-2 final score. Not sure for which team, but I bet and hope it's for Maine.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        Does that tourney count towards the teams pairwise and national rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          Does that tourney count towards the teams pairwise and national rankings?
                          Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Weekly reminder that polls, poles, Poles and Pohls are all irrelevant in college hockey.

Maine still isn't ranked.
                            Being ranked in the polls is meaningless, they are nothing but beauty contests. The Bears are 15th in the Pairwise and 16 in the RPI this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              The ECAC sent Harvard to Dartmouth on Friday night.

Comment

• Here is video of Tigo Moss...
                                https://youtu.be/XzOcvNbg7SE

Comment

Working...
                                X