X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
    So what happened to all the "We can't get Red out of town fast enough" posts????
    Red for President!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Reality bites. Lose to UConn on road, beat BC twice. Red isn't the coach for UMaine whether he beat BC twice or not. The team is still in 9th place and may not get into HE playoffs? Would anyone be shocked if they missed the playoffs? I wouldn't
      No. Hope they do. Their inconsistency seems to be their only consistency.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        Red for President!
        Heard he was headed your way to be Governor of Texas

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          No. Hope they do. Their inconsistency seems to be their only consistency.
          Yes and that's why I want to see how they take this upcoming series versus Merrimack at home.

Comment

• Looks like Northeastern is opening a grad school focused on AI and machine learning.... Got 100 million from Maine resident Roux.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/business/economy/portland-maine-economy.html#click=https://t.co/pHqtsdAvaf

Comment

Merrimack will be coming in with a young roster...15 Freshman/with 3 being goaltenders and former Black Bear Junior Patrick Holway.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Reality bites. Lose to UConn on road, beat BC twice. Red isn't the coach for UMaine whether he beat BC twice or not. The team is still in 9th place and may not get into HE playoffs? Would anyone be shocked if they missed the playoffs? I wouldn't
                Considering the remaining schedule I would be stunned if they missed the playoffs. It would require a UConn sweep at Alfond and a few other things to go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Considering the remaining schedule I would be stunned if they missed the playoffs. It would require a UConn sweep at Alfond and a few other things to go wrong.
                  Key games could be the 2 game series versus UConn and the single matchup versus Northeastern, both ahead of Maine now for 7th and 8th place. But they need wins also over Merrimack and Vermont to help their cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Key games could be the 2 game series versus UConn and the single matchup versus Northeastern, both ahead of Maine now for 7th and 8th place. But they need wins also over Merrimack and Vermont to help their cause.
                    If they can make it past Connecticut without coughing up any points I'll feel pretty good about their situation. I don't see them losing at home to Merrimack or UVM, and the NU game is between Beanpot weekends for the Huskies and they have struggled away from Matthews this season. Home ice is not out of the realm of possibility still, though it remains unlikely.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      If they can make it past Connecticut without coughing up any points I'll feel pretty good about their situation. I don't see them losing at home to Merrimack or UVM, and the NU game is between Beanpot weekends for the Huskies and they have struggled away from Matthews this season. Home ice is not out of the realm of possibility still, though it remains unlikely.
                      I see a sweep of Merrimack, split with UConn, and a win and tie versus Vermont. I think only a couple of the games are comfortable and the rest all very close.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        So what happened to all the "We can't get Red out of town fast enough" posts????
                        Kevin, sadly, no one should understand this better than most anyone. How many upsets of strong teams has NU pulled off over the years before the program seriously turned around. One good season does not mean that a programs has been turned around. Consistency over a 3-5 year period combined with quality replacements and the tag may apply . a 2 game sweep of BC is a good start, but will mean little if they blow a game with Merrimack. I hope Maine doesn't follow our example and play down (or occasionally up) to the level of their opponent.

Maine and Merrimack both like to play the banging game. Both teams have a 6-9 quality players. The difference is that Maine has Swayman, who is better than any two of 'Mack's three goalies combined! UMO should and must beat Merrimack if they want to be considered relevant.
                        Last edited by HHound; 01-27-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Merrimack will be coming in with a young roster...15 Freshman/with 3 being goaltenders and former Black Bear Junior Patrick Holway.
                          While I think four points is the expectation, Maine needs to bring their A-game to make sure they get those four points. Merrimack isn't great, but it wouldn't surprise me if they stole a point or two from the weekend. They've always seemed to play Maine pretty tough. Not to mention, they have two wins against UConn, a win against UNH, a tie against UMass and a tie against Northeastern so far this year. They've proven they can play and take away points from good teams.

Anything less than four points would be a huge disappointment for Maine, but it won't be a cake walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
                            Kevin, sadly, no one should understand this better than most anyone. How many upsets of strong teams has NU pulled off over the years before the program seriously turned around. One good season does not mean that a programs has been turned around. Consistency over a 3-5 year period combined with quality replacements and the tag may apply . a 2 game sweep of BC is a good start, but will mean little if they blow a game with Merrimack. I hope Maine doesn't follow our example and play down (or occasionally up) to the level of their opponent.

Maine and Merrimack both like to play the banging game. Both teams have a 6-9 quality players. The difference is that Maine has Swayman, who is better than any two of 'Mack's three goalies combined! UMO should and must beat Merrimack if they want to be considered relevant.
                            To stand a chance of being relevant it's going to take more than a sweep of Merrimack. My definition of being relevant isn't sliding in at 8 or 7. It is a fairly tough road.
                            Last edited by NorthMike; 01-27-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Ahh, the old Tim Whitehead at UML plan. Bring in one huge class every four years and have a cycle of Year One: Really Bad; Year Two: Not Good; Year Three: Pretty Decent; Year Four: NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Looks like Northeastern is opening a grad school focused on AI and machine learning.... Got 100 million from Maine resident Roux.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/b....co/pHqtsdAvaf
                                Is that good for you if it brings tech to Portland?
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X