This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

I was hoping and honestly genuinely hopeful that after a thrilling and emotional win to sweep your rival that Maine would use it as a springboard to gain some momentum for the road trip. Going 1-5-1 and being basically run off the ice in 2-3 of those losses wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      I was hoping and honestly genuinely hopeful that after a thrilling and emotional win to sweep your rival that Maine would use it as a springboard to gain some momentum for the road trip. Going 1-5-1 and being basically run off the ice in 2-3 of those losses wasn't exactly what I had in mind.
      Reds best start to be followed by Reds biggest collapse? He has had some doozies in the past... but nothing would shock me. Kind of hard to come back when you spend the third period on the penalty kill.

Comment

I cant believe anyone is still watching this s hit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

YOU can’t? We aren’t still here because it has been a smooth ride. This bandwagon has had square wheels for about a decade now.

I wonder what Jimmy did to get fired? Only rumor I heard was that he seemed under the influence during post game conference Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            YOU can’t? We aren’t still here because it has been a smooth ride. This bandwagon has had square wheels for about a decade now.

I wonder what Jimmy did to get fired? Only rumor I heard was that he seemed under the influence during post game conference Saturday night.
            Wouldnt they get him help in that case? Leave of absense for medical issues? send him to rehab? Seems like there is more to it.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Wouldnt they get him help in that case? Leave of absense for medical issues? send him to rehab? Seems like there is more to it.

Agreed. I believe there is more to it and he needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

^^^^
                This.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  The original call was not a penalty, but the kid should have kept his composure. Flipping the puck out of the ice well after the whistle occurred, what else could you call? Tripping the goalie from behind was also worth two. Surprised Kacz beat Swayman, he is usually the difference for Maine.
                  That looked like a pretty good flop on TV replays.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    You'd have to wonder what kind of alcohol-related trouble he could find at a team party, but a true drunk can find trouble at a Sunday school picnic.

Having said that, I'd forgive him for spit-roasting the odd baby koala if he could get Maine 25 wins.
                    If you're willing to get morally squicky in order to get Maine back to prominence, haven't we figured out that the most efficient model is using the words "retroactive student aid"?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                      If you're willing to get morally squicky in order to get Maine back to prominence, haven't we figured out that the most efficient model is using the words "retroactive student aid"?
                      I like it!

Comment

I guess we all knew the good start would hit the wall, now we are on the Roller-Coaster ride the rest of the season(imo)...should be plain and simple that the Red Gendron era needs to end once the season gets done. As far as Jim Montgomery, who knows..? I mean I would in a heart beat say he's the recipe for Maine to begin a rebuild-retool and get Maine to be a solid Program again...but he has issues/baggage that most will not over look. In his case maybe some time off, get away from the game at any level would benefit him...take a full year off...BUT I would think/feel he's the type that can't and won't do that. I wish him all the best...and "IF" it happen that Maine would fired Gendron and bring in Montgomery...he would be where he belongs and at the same time give the Fan Base a shot in the arm that this Program is serious at changing the mindset and make hockey the key Program again...but we will see...and the rumors will swirl...101 Maine Sports. Most likely this will be better then what is in store for the rest of the season(???).

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          I guess we all knew the good start would hit the wall, now we are on the Roller-Coaster ride the rest of the season(imo)...should be plain and simple that the Red Gendron era needs to end once the season gets done. As far as Jim Montgomery, who knows..? I mean I would in a heart beat say he's the recipe for Maine to begin a rebuild-retool and get Maine to be a solid Program again...but he has issues/baggage that most will not over look. In his case maybe some time off, get away from the game at any level would benefit him...take a full year off...BUT I would think/feel he's the type that can't and won't do that. I wish him all the best...and "IF" it happen that Maine would fired Gendron and bring in Montgomery...he would be where he belongs and at the same time give the Fan Base a shot in the arm that this Program is serious at changing the mindset and make hockey the key Program again...but we will see...and the rumors will swirl...101 Maine Sports. Most likely this will be better then what is in store for the rest of the season(???).
                          Seems bonkers to me to be advocating for bringing Montgomery home without any real clarity on what happened. UMaine is a state institution, and nominally the head coach of the (still) premier program should be a model of behavior commensurate to his role at a flagship university. Let's relax without any further info.

Comment

Ken Ralph needs to be replaced as badly as Red Gendron does.

Comment

Sheds a little light...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...6da_story.html

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                Seems bonkers to me to be advocating for bringing Montgomery home without any real clarity on what happened. UMaine is a state institution, and nominally the head coach of the (still) premier program should be a model of behavior commensurate to his role at a flagship university. Let's relax without any further info.
                                I agree with you...just throwing out and glad to hear all sides. What ever happen or going to happen will keep Maine fans thinking/hoping and just wanting a change down the line...Gendron era should end, no matter who comes in, Herb Brooks/Scotty Bowman/Al Arbour would have there hands full with changing the mindset and direction for this Program to improve. But again I hear you loud and clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X