X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Nyquist is better than anybody Grant recruited after 1993 not named Kariya. Or do we give Grant credit for Gus? I always forget.
    Jimmy Howard? Frankie Doyle? Nyquist was great but one guy(unless its a goalie) doesn't make a hockey team. If Darling had worked out maybe Tim would still have the job?

I have to chuckle with the Red isn't working out so Tim was the man for job BS Maybe you guys should ask the former members of the Friends group how they liked Tim?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Jimmy Howard? Frankie Doyle? Nyquist was great but one guy(unless its a goalie) doesn't make a hockey team. If Darling had worked out maybe Tim would still have the job?

I have to chuckle with the Red isn't working out so Tim was the man for job BS Maybe you guys should ask the former members of the Friends group how they liked Tim?
      Yeah, and let’s not forget that the program was in a million times better shape when Timmy took over.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

If/when you guys make a move at HC, would Greg Moore be your top choice right now? And given that he is head coach in the AHL, do you think he would come back to Maine? Guy is only 35, so to be HC in the AHL at that age...pretty impressive.

Comment

To follow up on that, I don't know all the details involved in regard to how much Maine will pay for a HC and things ended badly with Montgomery in Dallas but if he goes through the rehabilitation process and proves to be a changed man, could he be a possibility? Other than him entering rehab I don't think any details have come out in regard to why he was fired. I bet he gets another chance somewhere. When I look at what Leaman, Bazin and Madigan have done in recent years I don't think it's a stretch to say Maine could get back to an NCAA tournament level team with the right coach.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            To follow up on that, I don't know all the details involved in regard to how much Maine will pay for a HC and things ended badly with Montgomery in Dallas but if he goes through the rehabilitation process and proves to be a changed man, could he be a possibility? Other than him entering rehab I don't think any details have come out in regard to why he was fired. I bet he gets another chance somewhere. When I look at what Leaman, Bazin and Madigan have done in recent years I don't think it's a stretch to say Maine could get back to an NCAA tournament level team with the right coach.
            I suppose it's possible Maine would consider hiring him. Not sure if Maine would want to risk another relapse and have to deal with the fallout. Being head coach at Maine would get him back into hockey and give him another chance to prove himself both as a coach and person.

If/when you guys make a move at HC, would Greg Moore be your top choice right now? And given that he is head coach in the AHL, do you think he would come back to Maine? Guy is only 35, so to be HC in the AHL at that age...pretty impressive.
            I doubt that he wants to come to Maine. It would be a step down and less money. He certainly would be a good selection if he wanted the job.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              ........ Maybe you guys should ask the former members of the Friends group how they liked Tim?
              The Friends group would not have been happy with anyone who wasn't Shawn Walsh.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post

+1 on FOMH

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  The Friends group would not have been happy with anyone who wasn't Shawn Walsh.
                  Can't change old time thinking

Comment

The Montgomery situation is a hard one to gauge in...has he tarnished his resume that it maybe awhile before anyone takes the chance..? Myself I think thru and thru he is suited for to be a College Hockey Coach...with that said, he needs some time away from the game of hockey and that well could lead him back to the game/employment that has his name written all over it...would it be Maine..? Myself again I think it would be a fit...but I don't see it happening. But I am ready/….not really, for another season sentenced to Gendron Hockey in 2020-21

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Talking skaters, if the 03-04 team had a skater like Gus they probably win 2 nattys.

Tim had to go for the reasons you cited. The operation has become toxic. but Red’s worse and the idea that “all good grant, all bad tim” has always driven me batty

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        Talking skaters, if the 03-04 team had a skater like Gus they probably win 2 nattys.

Tim had to go for the reasons you cited. The operation has become toxic. but Red’s worse and the idea that “all good grant, all bad tim” has always driven me batty
                        Luc Acquino had a lot more talent but unfortunately was a knucklehead.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                          Christ. Drunk as Hell again.

I've been nice enough to you, ignoring most of your elementary school playground bullying BS for a couple of years now, but you are way off the rails again.

And *** are you talking about as far as politics go? I never went there.

You need some help. Serious help.
                          Not that I find you in the wrong here in any way, fish, but if you stopped quoting him I wouldn't have to read anything he posts. It's a much more pleasant thread with him on ignore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Luc Acquino had a lot more talent but unfortunately was a knucklehead.
                            Than a guy whos made $30 million in the NHL? No.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Prestin Ryan

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

...... “all good grant, all bad tim” has always driven me batty
                                You are much too rational

Comment

Working...
                                X