F: Shore Nyquist Abbott
    D: Hutton, O’Neill
    G: Swayman
    Lets go with a player coach

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
      Lets go with a player coach
      As in a certain Jim Montgomery..?..?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
        Puke
        It's a choice between Tim and Red.

A really easy choice there.

Comment

I would think that todays game will be low scoring...3-2, 3-1...I like Maine chances at opening the 2nd half with a win...but I know better also, can't take AIC lightly. Again Swayman has to be the best player on the ice and somehow Maine gets enough offence to back his effort up.

Comment

Unlike the pats at least maine beat a team it should have beaten.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Unlike the pats at least maine beat a team it should have beaten.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              You could probably delete “at least “. From the box score it looks like da bears kicked AIC’s arse pretty badly. And should have.

Comment

I was formerly a UNO Mavericks season ticket holder.
                Now I am a Colgate season ticket holder.
                With Colgate off next weekend, I thought I would drive to Orono to catch Omaha and log in a new rink.
                I just saw tonight that I will be logging in two new rinks... in Orono and Portland. What is the deal with that scheduling? 6 p.m. on Friday in Orono and Noon on Saturday in Portland? Is that some kind of tradition? Mind you, I am not complaining. It just seems odd.

Comment

Gave-up 42 SOG to AIC? Surprising.

(Kinda.)
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-29-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                    With Colgate off next weekend, I thought I would drive to Orono to catch Omaha and log in a new rink.
                    I just saw tonight that I will be logging in two new rinks... in Orono and Portland. What is the deal with that scheduling? 6 p.m. on Friday in Orono and Noon on Saturday in Portland? Is that some kind of tradition? Mind you, I am not complaining. It just seems odd.
                    My unsolicited advice to you (as a guy who lives near Hamilton) is to go to Portland early on Friday, enjoy the food and craft beers in the Old Port, then take-in the early game on Saturday there. Portland is around 6-7 hours out- depending on how 495 is -but Orono is 8-9... And that's not counting anything more than gas/BR stops for either trip.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-29-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                      Maine generally plays 1 game a year in Portland, the state’s largest city. This is the game. Bring the game to the Portland/southern Maine fans rather than make them go up to Orono. Fish is right...your best play is to go to the Saturday game in Portland rather than do the Orono-Portland shuffle. Unless of course you really enjoy the windshield time. Portland has great restaurants/bars/pubs in the Old Port very near the arena. All that said, the 12 noon puck drop on Sat. in Portland is odd and unprecedented. I’d guess that Cross Arena already had a game or concert scheduled for Sat. evening. So drive to Portland Friday day, check out the activity, stay in Portland that night and hit the Commercial St. Pub early-ish for pre-game Sat. morning. C U there.
                      Last edited by DoubleA; 12-29-2019, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Maine generally plays 1 game a year in Portland, the state’s largest city. This is the game. Bring the game to the Portland/southern Maine fans rather than make them go up to Orono. Fish is right...your best play is to go to the Saturday game in Portland rather than do the Orono-Portland shuffle. Unless of course you really enjoy the windshield time. Portland has great restaurants/bars/pubs in the Old Port very near the arena. All that said, the 12 noon puck drop on Sat. in Portland is odd and unprecedented. I’d guess that Cross Arena already had a game or concert scheduled for Sat. evening. So drive to Portland Friday day, check out the activity, stay in Portland that night and hit the Commercial St. Pub early-ish for pre-game Sat. morning. C U there.
                        Great post!

If he stays downtown, he could walk pretty-much anywhere.

And Gritty's before a noon game..? Spoken like a true Maine man.

(I might have some fried clams for breakfast first, though. )
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-29-2019, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                          ECHL Maine Mariners play that night(SAT.)@ 7pm

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                            I'd ignore the advice about just going to the Portland game. Go to Orono its a good trip, take in a game at the alfond. It's a good college hockey rink. Portland rink is a sterile ahl rink without an ahl team.
                            There's good food and beer in orono too.
                            Last edited by NorthMike; 12-30-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              I'd ignore the advice about just going to the Portland game. Go to Orono its a good trip, take in a game at the alfond. It's a good college hockey rink. Portland rink is a sterile ahl rink without an ahl team.
                              There's good food and beer in orono too.
                              This. And with attendance being what it is, move around. My favorite was up in balcony. Though back then it was very loud and you run the risk of being annoyed. But the atmosphere from that vantage point is on full if you are an atmosphere junky. Maybe start there then take in the rest of game nearer center ice opposite the team benches.

If you got to Orono there are going to be many disagreements about where to go first. I like Pats, Or Margaritas. Then I like governors for pie and coffee post game. Then hit Dysarts for breakfast on your way out of town in Holden, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                ........Then hit Dysarts for breakfast on your way out of town in Holden, I think.
                                It's in Hermon or Hampden. The town line is near there. Take Coldbrook exit off I 95. It's right there at the exit.

Comment

Working...
                                X