X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Good sweep.
    Biggest crowd I've seen for Merrimack.
    Yup. Best kid on ice for Merrimack was Holway.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Having said this... he didn’t amount to ****

Comment

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Hockey East.
        Wow....must be a return favor for all of the times that they have screwed them.

Either that or the other coaches REALLY want Red Gendron to stay on as Head Coach.

Comment

Don't want to look too far ahead, but I hope the bye week cools off Connecticut. They just laid the smackdown on a UNH team that had been playing some quality hockey. They aren't to be taken lightly, especially given the struggles Maine seems to have when facing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            Don't want to look too far ahead, but I hope the bye week cools off Connecticut. They just laid the smackdown on a UNH team that had been playing some quality hockey. They aren't to be taken lightly, especially given the struggles Maine seems to have when facing them.
            Then worry.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Good sweep.
              Biggest crowd I've seen for Merrimack.
              I only have information for Maine back to the 2014-15 season, but the announced attendance for the second Merrimack game two years ago (3 Feb 2018) was 4,512, just over 200 more than tonight's announced attendance.

Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by tony potter View Post
                these stupid penalties must stop they will never beat NU or PC making this many penalties
                Red has been here 6 or 7 years? Have they stopped yet? He apparently loves the way they play so I guess what I'm saying is, don't hold your breath.

At least they beat a team they should have so they have that going for them.
                Last edited by walrus; 02-02-2020, 05:03 AM.
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Anchorage tied Mankato 2-2. As of this morning, Maine is in the NCAA tournament as the 15 overall seed. I have them in Albany with #3 Cornell, #6 Duluth and #12 Northeastern.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Anchorage tied Mankato 2-2. As of this morning, Maine is in the NCAA tournament as the 15 overall seed. I have them in Albany with #3 Cornell, #6 Duluth and #12 Northeastern.
                    I might hold off buying tickets for a couple weeks.😄

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                      I only have information for Maine back to the 2014-15 season, but the announced attendance for the second Merrimack game two years ago (3 Feb 2018) was 4,512, just over 200 more than tonight's announced attendance.

Sean
                      I must not have been to that one. Good to see the crowd. Winning at home gets fickle fans interested and brings in some new ones. The AD seems to be doing a better of getting the word out in the community; local news, paper etc.
                      Last edited by NorthMike; 02-02-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Red has been here 6 or 7 years? Have they stopped yet? He apparently loves the way they play so I guess what I'm saying is, don't hold your breath.

At least they beat a team they should have so they have that going for them.
                        Yup on the first part. Seems He got the PK shaped up so they can play that way and not have as much chance of going in the hole. Not sure I get it why.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          When Holway played here I was a big fan. He seemed to not be very well blended in with Merrimack and was under utilized last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Hockey East.

Considering Maine lost that game because the backup goaltender surrendered 3 goals in 7 minutes and then lost 4-3...

If UAA hangs on to win that will move Maine ahead of Bemidji State into 16th.

ETA: Flip just the St Lawrence tie to a W and Maine moves to 14th.
                            Flip just the Yale L to a W and Maine moves to 10th.
                            Flip both of those and Maine is 6th.
                            That loss to Q looms very large now since Q beat Cornel Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              When Holway played here I was a big fan. He seemed to not be very well blended in with Merrimack and was under utilized last night.
                              Why did Holway leave Maine ?
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                                Why did Holway leave Maine ?
                                It was a personal matter and he had to be closer to home.

Comment

Working...
                                X