This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

There was apparently a team party Saturday, and the Nill got the call on Sunday, so would seem logical that something happened that night.

Although his last radio interview was... interesting to say the least.

Could work out well for Maine if they are looking for a Gendron replacement. I was shocked that Monty ever left his Denver gig for NHL pastures as it seemed like he had a good thing going there.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      The team was doing pretty well so it must be something pretty bad?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I believe it was worded (and I only heard it on the radio so I'm paraphrasing) that it "had nothing to do with on ice performance." It's also probable that they are limited to what they can say at this time due to liability reasons, especially assuming that it is "alleged." Because there apparently are no "criminal" charges. It will eventually come out...

But I agree with those who say he's pretty much done at the college level. In today's "environment," you simply can't assume that kind of burden.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
        I believe it was worded (and I only heard it on the radio so I'm paraphrasing) that it "had nothing to do with on ice performance." It's also probable that they are limited to what they can say at this time due to liability reasons, especially assuming that it is "alleged." Because there apparently are no "criminal" charges. It will eventually come out...

But I agree with those who say he's pretty much done at the college level. In today's "environment," you simply can't assume that kind of burden.
        Are moral failings more unacceptable than being mediocre every year? After what we’ve been thru the last 15 years I’d give him a shot.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Are moral failings more unacceptable than being mediocre every year? After what we’ve been thru the last 15 years I’d give him a shot.
          why not..
          heck our commander in chief slept with a prostitute while on his 3rd wife..

the world is upside down!
          Last edited by northeastern; 12-10-2019, 02:50 PM.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Yes, at the NCAA level moral failings are more egregious than posting a mediocre record. By a mile.

Comment

Yet you have a problem with Jerry York seeing if kids are interested in BC after previously committing elsewhere. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                Yes, at the NCAA level moral failings are more egregious than posting a mediocre record. By a mile.
                Here’s hlow upside down it can get with NCAA coaching… You must have a four year college degree or better to even be nominated or be considered for an NCAA coaching position. In 2013, Butch Goring raised his hand and was interested in the Maine job after the undertaker got canned. He was not even allowed to put in an application or be considered at all because he does not have a college degree. He told Steve Abbott “Look I may not have a college degree, but I have a PhD in hockey and I can coach this team.” As I think back about it, it was total lunacy to not consider Goring. Four Stanley Cup rings and a Conn Smythe trophy. No thanks Butch, you don’t qualify...
                Are you kidding me?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                  Here’s hlow upside down it can get with NCAA coaching… You must have a four year college degree or better to even be nominated or be considered for an NCAA coaching position. In 2013, Butch Goring raised his hand and was interested in the Maine job after the undertaker got canned. He was not even allowed to put in an application or be considered at all because he does not have a college degree. He told Steve Abbott “Look I may not have a college degree, but I have a PhD in hockey and I can coach this team.” As I think back about it, it was total lunacy to not consider Goring. Four Stanley Cup rings and a Conn Smythe trophy. No thanks Butch, you don’t qualify...
                  Are you kidding me?
                  I wasn't around back then, so what I say may be completely off base, but from all I've heard about the 2013 coaching hunt, it sounds to me like Maine already had their successor chosen right off the bat and didn't consider any other candidates, which of course turned out to be Red. If Goring and Montgomery were both interested in Orono back then, as I've heard, and neither of them got even a call, much less an interview, it sounds like Abbott had already committed to Red being the coach before the "coaching search" even began.
                  Last edited by amkirby10; 12-10-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                    Are you kidding me?
                    Thats been the case as long as I can remember. Asst coaches always take classes and get masters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      I blame Red. I blame Steve Abbott for hiring him. I blame Abbott for waiting 2 years to fire Whitehead when Leaman was available.

“Pie in the Sky candidates” I mean they could’ve hired Bob Corkum and been better than this. The guy’s going to win a gold medal in a couple years.

The institutional support thing bugs me too. Whitehead complained about it at the end. So now we’re saying Maine can’t win bc the support? So Whitehead was right all along then? Far as I’m concerned its excuse making.
                      I think since Corkum was part of Whitehead’s staff it hurt his chances. I was mostly upset they didn’t try hard to get Jimmy Montgomery. As I understand it, he had a oui, and it disqualified him. Sort of a shame since people make mistakes and should be given second chances. If you consider this way he could have given back was to be a model citizen in and off the ice I am sure most would not care about a mistake he had that he learned from. Denver didn’t care, and neither did the Dallas Stars. Yet Maine must be held to a higher standard then those organizations. Hmmm, not sure I believe in that. This is a state university not a religious affiliated school, or a Ivy League.

Hmmm... just now reading Monty did something else. Probably now he really wouldn’t get a shot here at Maine. Sad.
                      Last edited by BlackI; 12-10-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Not sure Yale needs to be doing a lot of advertising.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Not sure Yale needs to be doing a lot of advertising.
                          Guy says Red told them Shea has a pro style shot. He will have to hit the net in the pros.
                          Last edited by BlackI; 12-10-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Maine behind 2-1 after two. With Maine score another before putting us to sleep? This Maine team takes on coach’s persona.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              I wasn't around back then, so what I say may be completely off base, but from all I've heard about the 2013 coaching hunt, it sounds to me like Maine already had their successor chosen right off the bat and didn't consider any other candidates, which of course turned out to be Red. If Goring and Montgomery were both interested in Orono back then, as I've heard, and neither of them got even a call, much less an interview, it sounds like Abbott had already committed to Red being the coach before the "coaching search" even began.
                              That's exactly how it looked to me then, too.

Monty was my first choice, but Corkum deserved a shot too, IMO.

When I was scratching my head about Red getting the job, I figgered that the hire was a foregone conclusion, without much thought involved... And it sure has looked that way ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                I'm with you. I'd be OK with Ted Bundy coaching this team if he could get Maine to the NCAA's.

Comment

Working...
                                X