X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    I don't consider a 250-171-54 0.583 record over 12 season as mediocre.

Sean
    Look at the numbers he generated on his own, not those with Shawn's recruits. That .583 is very much the high end of what he was capable of on his own. Mediocre.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      Tim never pushed Grant out. That's the position of people who did not like Tim and assume that he was responsible. If Grant had wanted to continue his hockey career he would have coached or recruited for another team. Tim did have difficulty in recruiting enough quality players. He had good goal tenders and a good first line. He also developed players (Abbott and Flynn) and Gendron's best team were players he inherited from Tim in his first year. Tim was placed in a difficult position by following a legend. Walsh struggled his first few years and he never really had success until he hired Grant away from Wisconsin. The answer as to how Tim would have done had he stayed is pure conjecture because Tim will never return to Orono. In fact, I suspect he is pleased that he is no longer there.
      Grant may have quit but he wasn't wanted anymore. Tim never should have gotten the job without a Natl Search after his first season ended.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Recruiting impact lags seasonal success. Most of these recruits have a couple/few years of lead time. Therefore, a recruiter that is great at his job can leave and his impact of leaving will more than likely not fully be felt for a couple seasons(assuming no mass exits). So I think Sean’s graph tells only a portion of the story. The lull in recruiting was felt after Whitehead graph started trending down.

Having said this, I do not see Red coaching his team in a fashion trending very much better than five hundred. When the goalie was pulled and a play needed drawn up, it was Ben doing the drawing. I believe a young coach with smarts, charisma, and passion would inject new life blood into this program. And I don’t fault Ben or Allfie.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
          Look at the numbers he generated on his own, not those with Shawn's recruits. That .583 is very much the high end of what he was capable of on his own. Mediocre.
          2009-10: .526
          2010-11: .569
          2011-12: .613

Mediocre.

Comment

• Also, that little bruneski is about the best man in front of his own net. So. He needs to be in the line up in front of VMT. VMT is a bit lost and needs be 19 th skater or a forward.
            Last edited by BlackI; 01-21-2020, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              2009-10: .526
              2010-11: .569
              2011-12: .613

Mediocre.
              Nyquist is better than anybody Grant recruited after 1993 not named Kariya. Or do we give Grant credit for Gus? I always forget.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                It didn’t take any alcohol to label your post of “I will take Whitehead back” as pathetic. I guess you think it went over well and got a great reception.
                I'm not running for office here, and I never asked to get TW back.

But Whitehead very easily had a better track record than has had Red, you dope. That's verifiable.

Again, have someone read that you to you, once you sober-up. (Assuming that ever happens.)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  Nyquist is better than anybody Grant recruited after 1993 not named Kariya. Or do we give Grant credit for Gus? I always forget.
                  After 93.... hmmm you do realize he recruited a championship team down scholarships.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    I'm not running for office here, and I never asked to get TW back.

But Whitehead very easily had a better track record than has had Red, you dope. That's verifiable.

Again, have someone read that you to you, once you sober-up. (Assuming that ever happens.)
                    Wrong. You clamored for his firing. Now you clamor for his hiring. You are a bit wish washy. Watch tv. Impeach president. Your gen f’d us with nafta. You know that. Your gen gave us a hell of a lot of backlash because ya shipped it all overseas. All manufacturing overseas. Your generation was absolute ****. Left us with nothing from my grandpas days. You should be ashamed.

Comment

Wrong. You clamored for his firing. Now you clamor for his hiring. You are a bit wish washy. Watch tv. Impeach president. Your gen f’d us with nafta. You know that. Your gen gave us a hell of a lot of backlash because ya shipped it all overseas. All manufacturing overseas. Your generation was absolute ****. Left us with nothing from my grandpas days. You should be ashamed.
                      Christ. Drunk as Hell again.

I've been nice enough to you, ignoring most of your elementary school playground bullying BS for a couple of years now, but you are way off the rails again.

And *** are you talking about as far as politics go? I never went there.

You need some help. Serious help.

Comment

I've been nice enough to you, ignoring most of your elementary school playground bullying BS for a couple of years now, but you are way off the rails again.

You need help. You know nothing about hockey. That is a fact. You have already embarrassed yourself... what with begging for a **** coach and all. You are an embarrassment for any self respecting Maine fan.

Comment

Shame on you.

Comment

Shame on you.
                            Gosh. I won't sleep a wink tonight.

Take a meeting at the nearest AA site tomorrow, please.

Comment

Hold on.. this one has some play... I think I can land it

Comment

Just because I just got my degree one month ago... doesn’t mean your degree is worth more than mine. I worked so hard at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X