X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    The ECAC sent Harvard to Dartmouth on Friday night.
    Not exactly... the league doesn't schedule games between travel partners, they do that themselves.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      Not exactly... the league doesn't schedule games between travel partners, they do that themselves.
      And Harvard chose that? Damm. I guess it must not be much of a road trip.

Comment

These are college kids. A Friday night game and slight road trip has little impact on playing Monday. Especially when they're used to playing Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          These are college kids. A Friday night game and slight road trip has little impact on playing Monday. Especially when they're used to playing Friday and Saturday.
          Yeah, but a road trip is still a pain in the azz. Especially from Boston to Orono. BC and BU are both at home Friday.

Comment

Yeah, but a road trip is still a pain in the azz. Especially from Boston to Orono. BC and BU are both at home Friday.
            Who gives a s#it where those Boston's schools play before or after game 1 of the Bean Pot...think and worry about Maine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              Who gives a s#it where those Boston's schools play before or after game 1 of the Bean Pot...think and worry about Maine.
              I care because it could be Maine on the receiving end next time. I want a fair schedule for every team.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
                Being ranked in the polls is meaningless, they are nothing but beauty contests. The Bears are 15th in the Pairwise and 16 in the RPI this week.
                I take a different view.....not being ranked in the polls either means you are not having a good season or you have been down for so long that everyone has forgot about you. We're talking the Top 20 out of 60 teams.....that's 1/3 of college hockey.

Comment

Yeah....that drive up I-95 is like traversing those dusty pony trails of the 1800s.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Amen!

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                      Yeah....that drive up I-95 is like traversing those dusty pony trails of the 1800s.
                      Spoken like someone who has never had to go through it with a college hockey team. The good news for you is, you never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I care because it could be Maine on the receiving end next time. I want a fair schedule for every team.
                        Happen to Maine..? its a hockey schedule...they've made 'em for years...move on. Some years you like/some years you don't.

Comment

Tim Dohrety has been named Hockey East's Player of the Month.

Comment

Typically I am pretty sure in the past that pizzpot teams get a little distracted by their success in the pot and play uninspired the weekend before the finals. Somebody should research it. But in any event, it should help dose Bears a little bit, no? I havent watched college hockey for some time now, but someone mentioned NU's speed was a problem for Hahvad? Huh, thats a bit of a change from the way I remember the Crimson teams of old and NU for that matter.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I believe you when you when you say you haven't watched college hockey for some time. The difference in the speed of the game keeps getting closer to the pro game, as more college players are able to reach the NHL each year. It happens that Maine may be one of those teams that had the kind of speed that separated them from the pack twenty years ago . Other teams, including NU, PC and UMass have caught and passed them. The wealth has been spread widely.

We all know that strange things happen to teams which are looking forward to the Beanpot Finals. Maine has every reason to expect to win Friday night. They are playing very well. They have the HEA player of the Month of January and a goalie who has a future in the game. Maine plays very well at home (good thing, considering what some of the seats cost ). OTOH, NU has to travel tomorrow to beat the weather. NU has been inconsistent at times in spite of having capable personnel.

One possible incentive for NU is the fact that their schedule for the final 9 games is brutal. Having already played PC and UMasss 3 times, they have 3 games with bu, 2 with BC, 2 with Lowell and 2 @ UVM. While someone, (possibly named Joe), who makes the schedule, hates us, we have to play the hand that we are dealt. Perhaps it will bring out the best from our team.
                              My best regards to my second favorite team and its fans on Friday. I hope you sell out and that your fans get their $'s worth.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                                I believe you when you when you say you haven't watched college hockey for some time. The difference in the speed of the game keeps getting closer to the pro game, as more college players are able to reach the NHL each year. It happens that Maine may be one of those teams that had the kind of speed that separated them from the pack twenty years ago . Other teams, including NU, PC and UMass have caught and passed them. The wealth has been spread widely.

We all know that strange things happen to teams which are looking forward to the Beanpot Finals. Maine has every reason to expect to win Friday night. They are playing very well. They have the HEA player of the Month of January and a goalie who has a future in the game. Maine plays very well at home (good thing, considering what some of the seats cost ). OTOH, NU has to travel tomorrow to beat the weather. NU has been inconsistent at times in spite of having capable personnel.

One possible incentive for NU is the fact that their schedule for the final 9 games is brutal. Having already played PC and UMasss 3 times, they have 3 games with bu, 2 with BC, 2 with Lowell and 2 @ UVM. While someone, (possibly named Joe), who makes the schedule, hates us, we have to play the hand that we are dealt. Perhaps it will bring out the best from our team.
                                My best regards to my second favorite team and its fans on Friday. I hope you sell out and that your fans get their $'s worth.
                                Maine is a decided 'dog in this game, IMO.

Look at the GPG/GAPG numbers. Maine is 2.7/2.44, while NU is 3.29/2.46.

Swayman will have to be outstanding yet again if Maine expects to win this one.

(Story of the season, and of the Red Era.)
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-05-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X