X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    I might hold off buying tickets for a couple weeks.😄
    I wouldn't buy tickets to the regionals anyway. Best weekend of TV for college hockey. especially with the regionals being so overpriced.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      I wouldn't buy tickets to the regionals anyway. Best weekend of TV for college hockey. especially with the regionals being so overpriced.
      Where’s the northeast regionals this year? Woooostah?
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
        Where’s the northeast regionals this year? Woooostah?
        Correct.

Worcester, Albany, Allentown and Loveland, CO.

Comment

Correct.

Worcester, Albany, Allentown and Loveland, CO.
          Hmmmm, Allentown and Loveland, CO. Things have changed
          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

i agree until they beat northeastern they have proved very little

Comment

ETA: Flip just the St Lawrence tie to a W and Maine moves to 14th.
              Flip just the Yale L to a W and Maine moves to 10th.
              Flip both of those and Maine is 6th.
              Considering how bad those teams are that is a real kick in the Tralmaks

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Truly, The Regionals are very over-priced. But if Maine is in Albany, we're there.

The prospective field there is attractive as of now, but I have my doubts...

If that happens to hold-up, attendance should be decent there, or maybe above expectations.

(Cornell never travels well, but the many Cornell-haters nearby generally do.)
                Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-02-2020, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Hmmm you sure on Cornell? I've actually seen them in three regionals recently and they've had good crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Hmmm you sure on Cornell? I've actually seen them in three regionals recently and they've had good crowds.
                    Ditto. CU came out in force to last year's Regionals in Providence and CU fans filled two sections at this year's Fortress Invitational. Cornell fans - of late - travel well.

Comment

Weekly reminder that polls, poles, Poles and Pohls are all irrelevant in college hockey.

Maine still isn't ranked.

Comment

Weekly reminder that polls, poles, Poles and Pohls are all irrelevant in college hockey.

Maine still isn't ranked.
                        Given the opponent they played, I wouldn't expect them to get ranked this week. If they win on Friday I'd expect them to sneak into the bottom of the poll, depending on what teams immediately in front of them like SHU and MSU do.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Given the opponent they played, I wouldn't expect them to get ranked this week. If they win on Friday I'd expect them to sneak into the bottom of the poll, depending on what teams immediately in front of them like SHU and MSU do.
                          At which point the poll will matter greatly.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                            At which point the poll will matter greatly.
                            No, it'll still be just as irrelevant

Comment

• looks like no free lunches in he. NU just dusted Harvard. Speed wore them done. My guess is the same can happen in Orono. Go with speed but solid d to flop to trap lines. Maine’s gonna need to weather storm early and against top lines... trap.

Comment

• maine pairs should leave VMT off. Keep for 7th. But Bruneski in. He a little rugged dude that can protect his net front. It wasn’t lost on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X