• Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ UML an initials only game 11/29/19 @4PM

final

UML 4
    RPI 0
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not much good to say about this one.
      Get some rest and come out skating tomorrow night.
      Lets go red!!!!!!!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

We not only did not score but we probably did not deserve a better fate. The final totals will show the shots got closer in number but we really were out of this game once UML got those first two goals. We looked slow and out of sync for most of the game. Hope coach can figure this out so we can make a better showing tomorrow night.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

For what small consolation it may be - at least UML had enough respect for RPI to use their # 1 goalie tonight, instead of saving him for Penn State tomorrow.

Comment

First goal Klee hangs onto the puck FOREVER and eventually gets it stolen to create the odd man rush. Second goal Marshall never even saw through the screen on the PK. Third goal got caught out of position with 3 players all below the net, and Marshall gets beat 1-on-1. Fourth goal Marshall lets in from no angle somehow (the net could have been empty and this would not have been a goal).

In the first period, RPI simply was not ready overall, and the shots difference showed that. They started to play better at the end of the first and were getting much better possession. However, they did not get anything to show for this because they were overpassing trying to find the perfect chance. The second period was much better with RPI generating lots of possession and chances. RPI had a few grade A chances that Tyler Wall absolutely robbed. If not for him, the Engineers would have had at least 2 goals in the second period. RPI looked flat again in the third period, and Lowell was able to put it away. Overall, when RPI was generating good possession and on the power play, they were over passing to find something perfect. It really cost them, and they need to shoot the puck more. This is the only time I've seen them over pass like this, so hopefully, it's only a one game thing.

I have no idea why Babichuk was scratched as he has looked fantastic recently. Before the start of the game, I thought that was a mistake, and it definitely was. I wasn't surprised that Marshall started because Savory gave up 6 goals in his last start (even if it was because the defense hung him out to dry), while Marshall played well against Canisius. After this game, Savory will almost certainly start tomorrow. I thought Mahshie had the best game out of all players. He was constantly winning puck battles, driving to the net and creating offense. It was great to watch him create so much by himself. That entire line of Mahshie-Linden-Burgess was able to create offense. Not a good game but closer than the score in my opinion. This team could really use Dubinsky, and it's a shame he is injured. I expect some line shuffling tomorrow with Bowman probably coming in. I wonder why Lacka hasn't played in awhile as there's no report of an injury for him.

Comment

Thanks for the eyewitness report, Sezenack.

I too really wonder about Lacka. Do you know for a fact that he is not injured?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Thanks for the eyewitness report, Sezenack.

I too really wonder about Lacka. Do you know for a fact that he is not injured?
                I have no idea if he is injured or not to be quite honest. It would be weird if he was healthy and not getting any playing time whatsoever, but maybe he just isn't playing well during practice. Hopefully we'll see him back in the lineup soon regardless because he was solid as a freshman and could maybe help generate offense.

Comment

Working...
                X