Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    He's toast.
    He might coach one more year, but it’s going to be a rough one if he does.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      This might be unfair but if Wisconsin beats Ohio State and doesn't make playoff while OSU still does...please just get rid of conference championship games. Ohio State already beat Wisconsin but if you're gonna prop up these championship games you gotta reward the winners.

We really need to see Clemson-Virginia?

Oklahoma already won at Baylor but now has to beat them on a neutral field?

The only one that really intrigues me is LSU-Georgia and even then Georgia lost at home to a horrendous South Carolina team. LSU shouldn't even have to play/beat Georgia in Atlanta.
      They already decided conference title games are meaningless.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This might be unfair but if Wisconsin beats Ohio State and doesn't make playoff while OSU still does...please just get rid of conference championship games. Ohio State already beat Wisconsin but if you're gonna prop up these championship games you gotta reward the winners.

The only one that really intrigues me is LSU-Georgia and even then Georgia lost at home to a horrendous South Carolina team. LSU shouldn't even have to play/beat Georgia in Atlanta.
        Also, no one wants to go to Indianapolis.

Comment

Re: College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Once bama got in when they didn't even win their division, that made the conference championships moot.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Also, no one wants to go to Indianapolis.
            qft
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Once bama got in when they didn't even win their division, that made the conference championships moot.
              Well, that precedent was set the season before when Ohio State got in despite not even making the conference championship game. Clemson got to play both that Ohio State squad and the following season's Crimson Tide squad that failed to win its conference championship. The Tigers destroyed Ohio State...I don't recall what happened in the matchup with Alabama that year.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

And in the annual coaching carousels

Arkansas
                Boston College
                Florida State
                Missouri
                New Mexico
                UNLV
                USF
                UTSA

USC to be decided tomorrow after erroneous tweets about Helton being fired today
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Alabama was 8-0 before Trump's visit and 2-2 since. #ETTD
                  That might be enough to flip the state blue
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

I don't want to think much of the Michigan game this past weekend, but reading one article on the main athletic website really makes me angry:

"I didn't see this coming," said Wolverine defensive lineman Aidan Hutchinson. "We just didn't execute like we wanted to. We've got to dig down next year and see what we've got. You're not going to win games letting up 50, 60 points, and it happened. So, we've got to be better."
                    How in the heck did you NOT see this coming!|?!?!!?!?!??!!?!?!???!!

Wasn't last year a prime example of what OSU could do to you? Giving up over 60 points a year ago was not a good indicator that you would really have to step up your game this year??

Who the heck is talking to these players, then? I know it's very important for players to move on from bad plays, but for crying out loud, at least LEARN from mistakes. The offense made a few errors, yes, (some really stupid ones, for sure), but they also out scored, moved, etc every other team this year against OSU. When push came to shove, the game was 100% lost by the defense. Which was supposed to be one of the best D's in the nation. Supposed to be, again. And again, NOT.

At a bare minimum, I sure hope Don Brown retires- he's the most overrated coach on the staff right now. By a wide margin. At least the offensive minded and overrated head coach can show real improvement on his side of things, can show that the O mostly did their part in trying to beat OSU. The D didn't even show up. The "best D" didn't even notice that they got the crap kicked out of them a year ago, and somehow this was totally unexpected. Duh.

Don, forgive me for not coming to your retirement party nor helping pay for your retirement watch. While the O has not performed as most expected, the biggest disappointment when it came to the biggest games has always been the D.

Comment

• Re: College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Petersen stepping down at Washington.

“Transitioning to a role in the Athletic Department” is the reason given.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

He wants to spend more time losing to his Oregon family?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Wow that's nuts. He's been the best coach they've had in a while (I mean, when your comparisons are Willigham and Drunky McDrunkerson maybe that's not the hardest comparison to win).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Wow that's nuts. He's been the best coach they've had in a while (I mean, when your comparisons are Willigham and Drunky McDrunkerson maybe that's not the hardest comparison to win).
                            Oddly enough, the same words can be said for Jim Harbaugh, including going back to the end of the Lloyd Carr era. (a good editorial I read just pointed out that Michigan is pretty much in the same general area as it has been for about 50 years now (except for two crappy coaches) whereas OSU made a jump with Tressel and has maintained it since. It's about making that jump.

Comment

At a bare minimum, I sure hope Don Brown retires- he's the most overrated coach on the staff right now. ...

Don, forgive me for not coming to your retirement party nor helping pay for your retirement watch. While the O has not performed as most expected, the biggest disappointment when it came to the biggest games has always been the D.
                              Mentioned in today's Boston Globe as a potential replacement for Steve Addazio at BC. I guess so he can get torched by Clemson instead of OSU.

Comment

I don't want to think much of the Michigan game this past weekend, but reading one article on the main athletic website really makes me angry:

How in the heck did you NOT see this coming!|?!?!!?!?!??!!?!?!???!!

Wasn't last year a prime example of what OSU could do to you? Giving up over 60 points a year ago was not a good indicator that you would really have to step up your game this year??

Who the heck is talking to these players, then? I know it's very important for players to move on from bad plays, but for crying out loud, at least LEARN from mistakes. The offense made a few errors, yes, (some really stupid ones, for sure), but they also out scored, moved, etc every other team this year against OSU. When push came to shove, the game was 100% lost by the defense. Which was supposed to be one of the best D's in the nation. Supposed to be, again. And again, NOT.

At a bare minimum, I sure hope Don Brown retires- he's the most overrated coach on the staff right now. By a wide margin. At least the offensive minded and overrated head coach can show real improvement on his side of things, can show that the O mostly did their part in trying to beat OSU. The D didn't even show up. The "best D" didn't even notice that they got the crap kicked out of them a year ago, and somehow this was totally unexpected. Duh.

They're sounding an awful lot like those John Cooper tOSU teams of the late 80s/90s when the roles were reversed and it was always the Buckeyes coming up short in The Game.

Comment

Working...
                                X