Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    To be fair, we both hate the CCHA schools a lot more than each other right now.
    That’s why I asked. I figured if Michigan and MSU merged things wouldn’t be sunshine and roses instantly, but since you guys have been slighted from the beginning of the new WCHA, starting with the proposed permanent Alaska playoff series, I wasn’t sure if an Alaska vs everybody mentality had possibly changed anything.

It appears not.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I’ve paid for my gopher football season tickets in full fir this coming fall. Not a peep yet from athletic office, which isn’t surprising.

What I’m not going to do is give a cent for hockey tickets until they communicate what they’re doing- I’ll be concerned about what money I get back and sure as heck not sending them more while they hold onto my football money
      I renewed my Iowa tickets per normal and haven’t heard anything yet either. They are planning a full go football season, however, are making contingency plans if things need to be adjusted.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: College Football 19-20: Where We Kinda Want Clemson As Champion.

Iowa State’s stance:

https://***********/yahoosportscfb/s...027040258?s=21
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Notre Dame says they're opening.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

All these August/September planned openings are going to look great until every school has mini-outbreaks by late September from their thousands of students.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              All these August/September planned openings are going to look great until every school has mini-outbreaks by late September from their thousands of students.
              Oh yeah, the SEC states are really going to concern themselves with the students.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                They won't admit it, and that's the problem with re-opening. If they stay closed they're OK legally but the instant they re-open when the second wave hits they have to deny and deflect like Dump or they'll get destroyed by law suits. They are going to have to cover up and fight the students and parents every second.

This is so dumb and so obvious. Only the business goons who run universities as profit centers now could miss it or, more likely, not care since they get rich either way.
                Last edited by Kepler; 05-26-2020, 01:30 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

From SI: Cuts at UConn likely

They are certainly one of the schools with budget issues across the board. They have up to eight sports they could cut, and hockey is one of them. It's an expensive sport, especially for a program renting out an arena 30 minutes from campus, but one of the pros for hockey is that they can bus everywhere. The other sports in the Big East have some close trips to NYC and DC, but half the conference is in the Midwest, as far as Omaha.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

UAH wasn't the only school to bring back a program.

Bowling Green baseball back after former players start fundraising effort.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

CMU received a waiver for the next two years to remain at the FBS level.

Wright State dropped three sports yesterday: men's tennis, women's tennis, and softball. That drops them to 11 sports, three less than the NCAA minimum for D1.

A waiver for being one sport short is reasonable. I don't see them granting a waiver over three sports, but who knows, it's not like there's precedent for mass cuts like this.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

U of Minnesota president to recommend to Regents that classes resume on campus for fall and the dorms open.

Comment

By the time this thing hits the bottoms of the trough, 11 sports may BE top tier...
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

You don't say! https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-coronavirus/

Alabama's players have begun to return to campus ahead of voluntary workouts starting next week. At least five of those players have already tested positive for the coronavirus, according to 247Sports. The names of the players who have tested positive for COVID-19 have not been disclosed.

Simone Eli of CBS 42 in Birmingham reported that, not only did five unidentified players test positive, but that many more could be subject to quarantine as roughly 50 players were gathered together on the band field on Wednesday.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Florida State boycotted for half a day and were able to make some changes within the program as far as community involvement and team leadership go.

Iowa just had to fire its strength coach over racist comments and actions.

Now Oklahoma State has their best player boycotting because Gundy wore an OAN shirt and has talked about the network in the recent past. And there are more players getting behind him.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Some college football games already being canceled, though nothing FBS vs FBS yet. Some of the cancellations have involved FBS vs FCS games, though.

And Stanford announced they’re dropping 11 sports after this year, though I don’t believe most of these are even NCAA sponsored: M and W fencing, field hockey, lightweight rowing, men’s rowing, coed and women’s sailing, M and W squash, men’s volleyball, and synchronized swimming.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X