X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Same.

Even just being able see “I Fought the Law” or “Police on my back” live would be a treat.
    Hammersmith Palais for me.
    Last edited by Kepler; 11-29-2019, 02:43 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Same.

Even just being able see “I Fought the Law” or “Police on my back” live would be a treat.
      Did see them do those. Unfortunately, it was after Strummer kicked Mick Jones out of the band, and added three young punk kids to play with him and Paul. Fortunately, it was pretty up close and personal, at the Expo building in Portland, Me.

Strummer had a red Mohawk, and spent much of the show singinging with the three fingers on his right hand splayed out against the side of his head.

Years later, got to see him play with the Mescaleros at the Palladium in Worchester, with Tymon Dogg on violin. Sadly, they did not play Lose This Skin. Also up close and personal, I was like two deep from the stage, and Strummer was exchanging handshakes with the front row all night. Unfortunately, kept missing mine. A year later he was dead.

This interview was recorded earlier in the day of that show

https://youtu.be/xU3l2R3t0cU
      Last edited by rufus; 11-29-2019, 07:10 PM.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

This is your annual reminder that any device I observe to be playing "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney will be yeeted out the nearest window.

I am dead serious about this. This is your one warning.

It sounds like he's dry-humping a Galaga machine. He deserves to have his knighthood revoked and his royalty checks confiscated by the UN for that abomination. I am not sorry. And this is coming from a man who brought you the PK Ditty, so you know it's serious.
        Last edited by Twitch Boy; 12-01-2019, 01:32 AM.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Feist is amazing.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            This is your annual reminder that any device I observe to be playing "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney will be yeeted out the nearest window.

It sounds like he's dry-humping a Galaga machine. He deserves to have his knighthood revoked and his royalty checks confiscated by the UN for that abomination. I am not sorry. And this is coming from a man who brought you the PK Ditty, so you know it's serious.
            Yeah, definitely the low point of his career.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post

That reminds me, I need to call handyman and leave that song as a voicemail. It’s his favorite

Comment

Possum Dixon – Emergency Is About To End
                Spoon - You Got Yer Cherry Bomb
                Drive-By Truckers – Armageddon’s Back In Town
                The Beatles – Come Together
                De La Soul – Shopping Bags

Comment

Soccer Mommy- For Clean Hearts

Good stuff.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

*Massive Attack – Teardrop
                    Radiohead – Fake Plastic Tress
                    The Kings – Days
                    *Alabama Shakes – Be Mine
                    Soul Asylum - Cartoon

MT - there seems to be a theme in your likes lately and if so you might like digging into the *.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      *Massive Attack – Teardrop
                      Radiohead – Fake Plastic Tress
                      The Kings – Days
                      *Alabama Shakes – Be Mine
                      Soul Asylum - Cartoon

MT - there seems to be a theme in your likes lately and if so you might like digging into the *.
                      I have Mezzanine, the album "Teardrop" is on, but I haven't listened to it in awhile. Thanks for the reminder.

One thing coming out has helped me with is I can like Kesha and Massive Attack at the same time. I felt I had to hide liking Kesha before.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        I have Mezzanine, the album "Teardrop" is on, but I haven't listened to it in awhile. Thanks for the reminder.

One thing coming out has helped me with is I can like Kesha and Massive Attack at the same time. I felt I had to hide liking Kesha before.
                        Why? Don't be ashamed of music that you love. Unless it's Nickelback.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          I don't know. But all that was prior to March 14, 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            Nickelback is probably no worse than a randomly selected Billboard #1 single.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Beck – Saw Lightning
                              Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus
                              Wilco – The Joke Explained
                              Leon Bridges – Beyond
                              Queens Of The Stone Age – Go With The Flow

Also MT following-up on yesterday if you're looking for a strong female role model give Alabama Shakes a try.

Comment

And still you call me codependent
                                Somehow you lay the blame on me

And I think the acoustic version of that song is far better than the original.

Comment

Working...
                                X