This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Listening to Achtung Baby tonight. This really holds up. Looking forward to Zooropa next.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

It's the jump off, so just jump off my *attractive and successful African American*...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55aQnea7arY
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        It's the jump off, so just jump off my *attractive and successful African American*...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55aQnea7arY
        Love.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

One of the original laid back....

This song is legendary:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

No virgin me
            For I have sinned
            I sold my soul
            For sex and gin
            Go call a priest
            All meek and mild
            And tell him Mary
            No more a child

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXiswqKR0Rs
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Some may be surprised:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VL5LV9PVZ8
              They were this style until they realized they needed to pay the bills.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Some may be surprised:
                Mark McGrath was on an episode of Rock and Roll Jeopardy when it was a thing. Man knows his music.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  Mark McGrath was on an episode of Rock and Roll Jeopardy when it was a thing. Man knows his music.
                  Mark McGrath = Jennings, relatively. He was on more than one ep, IIRC.

Comment

Love.
                    Pass the blunt, my *word I can't say* don't front
                    You had it for a minute but it seem like a month

Comment

As another poster has mentioned in the past, rap cannot die, because Wu Tang is forever. And given the quarantine, might bust out The Man With The Iron Fists movie, because RZA.

Comment

"So we have this throwaway Pictionary pruject for the NES, and we need some music..."

Tim Follin: "I GOT YOU FAM"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJwh3erQlyE

Comment

Some may be surprised:
                          If that was truly their core and not a one-off they sure give the Goo Goo Dolls a run for the title of lamest sellout.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            If that was truly their core and not a one-off they sure give the Goo Goo Dolls a run for the title of lamest sellout.
                            McGrath flat out has said they would have loved to keep that style, but they needed to make some money to pay the bills.

Comment

McGrath flat out has said they would have loved to keep that style, but they needed to make some money to pay the bills.
                              Floored, their album with Fly, that really launched them, has a lot of their original style on it. But yes, they flat out admitted to making the money grab.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Groups I always forget how great they were: The Adverts.

Crossing the Red Sea is one of the greatest albums of all time, but in a week I'll have forgotten their existence again for 4 months.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 04-11-2020, 08:58 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X