USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

My understanding is, with today's music model, artists almost give their music away via streaming/etc, and make up for it via concerts/merch, and many are doing VIP packages at concerts (meet the artist, autographed stuff, etc).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      My understanding is, with today's music model, artists almost give their music away via streaming/etc, and make up for it via concerts/merch, and many are doing VIP packages at concerts (meet the artist, autographed stuff, etc).
      The music is the marketing to sell the merc and tix which are the product.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        The music is the marketing to sell the merc and tix which are the product.
        Correct.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Bottomless Pit (ex-Silkworm) sadly they’re no longer a band but **** this is great!

https://bottomlesspit.bandcamp.com/track/dogtag
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

https://youtu.be/bV9KPPyFpBs

Since Caress Of Steel will never get the deluxe reissue treatment we may have to settle for this 🤣🤣🤣

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

If Lou was on my alarm clock I'd get up dancing every morning.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Cranberries were so F'in good. Zombie is an amazing track.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  The Cranberries were so F'in good. Zombie is an amazing track.
                  They were. One song that is very Cranberries-esque is "Fireworks" by First Aid Kit:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp3op-DYFG4

Comment

I've been appreciating Essential Logic and similar acts on Pandora. They were (are, I guess!) excellent. Another band in the same vein I had not heard of was LiLiPUT (a.k.a. Kleenex), who are not as talented (and lack Lora Logic's intellect) but are also solid. Kleenex contributed Ramona Carter to the Mo-dettes, a post-punk all female super group formed from the remnants of them, the Raincoats, and The Slits. John Peele (PBUH) loved them.

Rough Trade burned bright in those days.

Also: Girls at Our Best.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 02-17-2020, 04:08 AM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Good Rush cover from the Army band: https://ultimateclassicrock.com/u-s-...e-stand-still/

Comment

St. Vincent is a goddess. I still need to get Strange Mercy and Marry Me, but Actor, self-titled, and Masseduction are all great.
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

M.I.A is under rated.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            $300 tickets for Rage Against The Machine.

Nope.
                            I tried to convince my wife we should fly to one of their border city shows but she was not swayed.

Comment

Read this morning that Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs wants to reunite and make music with the band again.

YES!

Comment

Cage The Elephant - Broken Boy. Sounds like something The Suburbs could have made 35 years ago.
                                Backseat Heads - Vinyl. This one also has a bit of a post-punk feel to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X