USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Jars of Clay. Remember when Christian rock sort of crossed over into the mainstream for like 5 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfAh...4bYRxJfF6yrfOI
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Jars of Clay. Remember when Christian rock sort of crossed over into the mainstream for like 5 seconds?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfAh...4bYRxJfF6yrfOI
      Oh come now. This was the high point.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is great.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

****!

https://youtu.be/nY1iByisnuM
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Funny story re Miles Davis asking a drummer to play a very slow beat: https://youtu.be/kMnIyWWViJg

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

The buddy rich Tapes: https://youtu.be/omID1prJHFo

I know he’s an icon for many but Jesus, all I ever hear when I listen to buddy rich is solos, and beyond that, Uhm varied tempos.

It kinda ****es me off as a drummer because the way he runs his band down and rips various forms of music over the years (he hated country)...it’s pretty incredible.

He couldn’t play a Rolling Stones tune to save his life and he had the audacity to yell at his band like this. Like he was god. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                The buddy rich Tapes: https://youtu.be/omID1prJHFo

I know he’s an icon for many but Jesus, all I ever hear when I listen to buddy rich is solos, and beyond that, Uhm varied tempos.

It kinda ****es me off as a drummer because the way he runs his band down and rips various forms of music over the years (he hated country)...it’s pretty incredible.

He couldn’t play a Rolling Stones tune to save his life and he had the audacity to yell at his band like this. Like he was god. Ugh.
                He played at my high school and ripped the tech staff. He was 60, they were a bunch of 17-year olds. Never seen such a classless person until Dump.
                Cornell University

Comment

The last couple weeks have left me feeling awful, so I turned to my "Emotional Motion Sickness" playlist:

The National
                  Phoebe Bridgers
                  Julien Baker
                  Big Thief
                  Soccer Mommy
                  Lucy Dacus
                  Better Oblivion Community Center
                  Death Cab For Cutie
                  Counting Crows
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    He played at my high school and ripped the tech staff. He was 60, they were a bunch of 17-year olds. Never seen such a classless person until Dump.
                    Very apt description of him: classless. He and dumpy could be cousins.

Comment

"Little Broken Hearts" by Norah Jones. I never thought she could write a "f you" album, but she proved me wrong with this one.

Comment

Comment

We All Get Lonely by Trampled by Turtles sounds eerily similar to As Tears Go By by the Stones

Especially starting at 1:51. The song came up on one of my mixes and all I could think of is, "I've heard this before, but I don't know where." Eventually I remembered last episode of season 6.

Eh, I guess it could go either way.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Pearl Jam – Retrograde
                            George Harrison – My Sweet Lord
                            Har Mar Superstar – How Did I Get Through The Day
                            Big Head Todd And The Monsters – Midnight Radio
                            Brother Ali – Own Light
                            Radiohead – Fake Plastic Trees
                            Marvin Gaye – What’s Going On
                            Curtis Mayfield – We Got To Have Love
                            The Beatles – Blackbird

Comment

Kesha- High Road
                              Fiona Apple- Extraordinary Machine
                              Lady Gaga- The Fame Monster

While I love Phoebe Bridgers, Julien Baker, Lucy Dacus, and Soccer Mommy, sometimes, I simply need to dance.

Comment

Minnesota - you need One Love.

Comment

Working...
                                X