USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread: We All Have A Crush On Shirley Manson

Dropkick Murphys and Springsteen streaming a live concert from Fenway. Just started.

YouTube
    Last edited by SJHovey; 05-29-2020, 05:48 PM.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Dropkick Murphys and Springsteen streaming a live concert from Fenway. Just started.

YouTube
      Love the drone shots... well-done. Amazing that they are pulling this off with no more than 35 people in the stadium (including 8 in the band!).
      Dave
      RIT - '90

Comment

That was a fun free concert.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

YouTube
          What an odd combination.

Comment

An Earth Wind and Fire Cover. You may or may not like it but the back ground singer Ksenia is worth the view

https://youtu.be/D5XmUnYW5Ks
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Meh, she's fully auto-tuned. Another one chosen for looks and not substance.

Comment

Best Bible study ever.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Narcos Soundtrack - Sigue Feliz
                  Junkyardmen - I Ain't Found Out Yet
                  Big Soul - Groovyman

Comment

So watched the third episode of Snowpiercer the other day, and they had this scene in it. From the first word of this song, I'm like, "wait, I've heard this somewhere before" Just amazing version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=excB6OKRrWI

So then I had to find out how I knew this song. I guess it's because this must have been all over radio toward the end of my high school years. Also a great version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5KOiFDg3HY

Now I'm just mesmerized by this song. Written by the same guy who did One Night in Bangkok.
                    Last edited by rufus; 06-02-2020, 04:52 PM.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Man, we really need someone like this in music today: https://youtu.be/cuuhsqA95iA
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. So cool, so underrated and Baby 81 is a right proper fu***ng album.

Whatever Happened To My Rock And Roll
                        White Palms
                        Ha Ha High Babe
                        Ain't No Easy Way
                        Windows
                        666 Conducer

Comment

This cover is so good it's ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_7t...bLh-AWnGXyGM0w
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

The vocalist is terrible.

She's much better here. The bass player (who is in Blue Öyster Cult now) is amazing and very funny. They are either brother/sister or husband/wife.

Edit: husband/wife. HS sweethearts!
                            Last edited by Kepler; 06-04-2020, 11:34 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. So cool, so underrated and Baby 81 is a right proper fu***ng album.

Whatever Happened To My Rock And Roll
                              White Palms
                              Ha Ha High Babe
                              Ain't No Easy Way
                              Windows
                              666 Conducer
                              I saw BRMC at The Globe in Milwaukee, I want to say in 2002...great live show. No frills, just came out and rocked faces off.
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                The vocalist is terrible.

She's much better here. The bass player (who is in Blue Öyster Cult now) is amazing and very funny. They are either brother/sister or husband/wife.

Edit: husband/wife. HS sweethearts!
                                Fragile was one of the first Albums I ever bought. Great time to grow up as far as music goes. I like both covers and Youtubes next tune was Roundabout with Geddy Lee singing
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X