• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
    Final OT
    Norwich 1
    Middlebury 2

Of all the teams to get your first loss of the season to...
    Was bound to happen at some point. Stinks it was Middlebury but better to be non-conference than a conference loss. Tough to outshoot a team 19-2 and not score after 20 minutes.

Felt like NU was on its heels for most of third, especially late. Major really hurt, even though they were able to kill it off.

Still will get a shot at Middlebury at Kreitzberg later this year.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Re: Primelink 2019

I thought boxcast's smart tv compatibility was awful but it's first class compared to this. The big fish are the big fish for a reason. Everyone should should be streaming on YouTube or Twitch until other platforms can get it together. NSN is actually the best of the smaller providers I've seen but clearly they have a failure to retain their clients so something about the management or the business model isn't right.

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        Final OT
        Norwich 1
        Middlebury 2

Of all the teams to get your first loss of the season to...
        Astonishing! I don't believe The Cadets were looking past Middlebury, but they may have gotten overconfident after the first period? The second period was almost a 180 degree about-face. Still, the Panthers played a very gritty game. Did anyone else feel seasick by the halfway point trying to follow the camera work down on the ice?

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotan in vermont View Post
          Astonishing! I don't believe The Cadets were looking past Middlebury, but they may have gotten overconfident after the first period? The second period was almost a 180 degree about-face. Still, the Panthers played a very gritty game. Did anyone else feel seasick by the halfway point trying to follow the camera work down on the ice?
          I turned it on late. Being in Mountain Time really screws up my hockey watching schedule. But, I was having the same issues as everyone else and opted for George and the radio.
          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
            Yep, for us older Cadets fans its a bummer, but the institutional memories of that rivalry are gone. Today's fans (and teams)don't get the rivalry, so while they don't like the idea of a loss, it doesn't bother them that it was Middlebury. It's no big deal. BUT IT BOTHERS THE S@#% OUT OF ME....:-(
            You know, this is a point worth discussing (I think anyways, I know some posters get grumpy when talk turns to anything but play on the ice).

But, in my first post on this board four years ago I spoke as a recent grad who was trying to diagnose some of the disconnect between the athletic programs and the wider student body - particularly the Corps. In that post I stated how Castleton had become the biggest rival for Norwich athletes, but that the wider student body seemed pretty ambivalent towards varsity athletics in general (club sports is a different matter - the club hockey team got much rowdier, more Corps-concentrated crowds when I was student).

I hate Middlebury largely because I understand the history of the rivalry. This happened mostly because I had the honor of becoming friends with Charlie when I was there, and he taught me about it through his stories and sincere disdain for that school. However, I remember I read a story on a NESCAC blog that described Norwich-Middlebury being a great rivalry because the schools are so different, as opposed to rivalries that exist because the schools are so similar. It's a bit ironic that in these polarized times of ours that Norwich and Middlebury, two schools with presumably polar opposite student bodies, is a stagnant rivalry.

Conversely, with Norwich and Coast Guard being in the same conference again in football, that rivalry has skyrocketed in prominence. When I was back on The Hill for Homecoming a couple years ago the campus was filled with "Beat Coast Guard" signs. Before kickoff, I had never seen the Corps so riled up for a game. It was great seeing the entire student body being invested in a rivalry. And this with a school that is a rival because of how similar it is to Norwich.
            Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

This color guy(Jeff) needs to keep quiet unless he is asked to comment. At first I thought I was getting a call from two different media !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                This color guy(Jeff) needs to keep quiet unless he is asked to comment. At first I thought I was getting a call from two different media !
                Jake (the play by play announcer) has worked alone plenty of times and that would be preferable to the current broadcast.

Comment

Eau Claire looks like the class of this tournament by far.

Good luck to Middlebury tomorrow.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Eau Claire looks like the class of this tournament by far.

Good luck to Middlebury tomorrow.
                    Go West young man, go West... 'cause that's where I'm thinkin' the Primelink trophy is going !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                      Go West young man, go West... 'cause that's where I'm thinkin' the Primelink trophy is going !
                      A wise western sage once told me...”every night is a tough night in the west”
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

There is no link on the Norwich schedule for video and live stats for our game with Plattsburgh. What's up?
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                          There is no link on the Norwich schedule for video and live stats for our game with Plattsburgh. What's up?
                          Go to primelink1.com/game-3/

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Well, 5-1 over Plattsburgh isn't too bad for the 3rd place game. The team was much better prepared today.
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Well ... I'll bet that the 3 PrimeLink charter schools are thinking that Potsdam is looking pretty good right now as a fourth!

Comment

Originally posted by jabtwins View Post
                                Well ... I'll bet that the 3 PrimeLink charter schools are thinking that Potsdam is looking pretty good right now as a fourth!
                                🤷*♂️ Everyone knew Eau Claire had a good team...they are 6 years removed from winning the national championship and if not for Point having a super dominant stretch the last five years, they still would have been right there in the national picture every year.

I love having top teams invited to the tournament. Adds to the rich history and prestige and perhaps this will be the 10th year a team that played in the PrimeLink will win the national championship.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X