No announcement yet.

USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Loves.

He ain’t dead fer cryin’ out loud . Still here suffering in the uhn thread
    No but they are
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What does he think of the Nationals?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        There still is Hockey-L although there is very little posting. The guy who rain it at Maine passed away a while ago.
        Something "Smith," right? It's hovering in the blind spot. A really nice guy; sort of the hockey-l you. I think I may have met him in Placid once.

I got to know Machnik and a quite few others through hockey-l. My ex-GF of many moons ago still subscribes but it's all but dead.

God, that was almost 30 years ago.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          The old board was great. There were open threats of beat downs and violent physical confrontations at upcoming hockey games.
          I only recall this happening once and remember thinking, "Meh, it's the WCHA. Those guys are animals." I remember some attempted sh-t talk between BU, BC, Maine and UNH when they were the Power 4 of Hockey Least, but I could never keep straight who was who so that kind of spoiled the joke.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I also didn't officially join right away and/or my original moniker was Slaughter - hard to remember that far back.

Really miss hockey postings from the DU fan that quit several years ago due to really uncalled for personal attacks. Name started with a, "D"?

The series threads were often locked from too many posts, especially anything UW/UND/UM and to lesser extent SCSU when Hartigan got robbed (no he didn't), and anything BC/UHN was sure to be epic.

Polls used to matter.

eaglebunny? Holy s**t that guy.

Wasn't there a UCONN or CommAveHusky that passed? I might be completely wrong on that so don't want to send up a false flag.

[edit] I just realized I'm going on 19 years officially, and I now remember that I first visited not long after I was married which was August, 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              I also didn't officially join right away and/or my original moniker was Slaughter - hard to remember that far back.

Really miss hockey postings from the DU fan that quit several years ago due to really uncalled for personal attacks. Name started with a, "D"?

The series threads were often locked from too many posts, especially anything UW/UND/UM and to lesser extent SCSU when Hartigan got robbed (no he didn't), and anything BC/UHN was sure to be epic.

Polls used to matter.

eaglebunny? Holy s**t that guy.

Wasn't there a UCONN or CommAveHusky that passed? I might be completely wrong on that so don't want to send up a false flag.

[edit] I just realized I'm going on 19 years officially, and I now remember that I first visited not long after I was married which was August, 1997.
              The Pinheads were a lot of fun when UNH was making deep NCAA runs and still not winning a title. Every team in Hockey East was magically the dirtiest team ever. Good times. I still miss hearing about Darth Platt and the Skating Mother Theresa's.
              CAH is still with us. Which is both good and bad because I owe him many a beer.
              My favorite was probably the threads of the women's DI board where UNHCat07 kept talking about PU getting their desevrings and Coach Nutty being... nutty.
              Last edited by Jon; 11-26-2019, 11:29 AM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                There still is Hockey-L although there is very little posting. The guy who rain it at Maine passed away a while ago.
                Does the one guy still send very detailed UMass-Dartmouth box scores? That's the only thing I remember from my limited time there.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Puck Swami was a DU poster who really added a lot to the board, but quit after I believe a player/player's family member took offense to something that PS posted here. PS always gave candid assessments of a team's play as he saw it, even though he was a diehard DU fan. As a poster he is missed, I'm sure.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I miss Puck Swami.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Something "Smith," right? It's hovering in the blind spot. A really nice guy; sort of the hockey-l you. I think I may have met him in Placid once.

I got to know Machnik and a quite few others through hockey-l. My ex-GF of many moons ago still subscribes but it's all but dead.

God, that was almost 30 years ago.
                      Wayne T. Smith. He was a computer admin at UM and an usher at Alfond Arena.

IIRC, hockey-l turned 30 this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        The Pinheads were a lot of fun when UNH was making deep NCAA runs and still not winning a title. Every team in Hockey East was magically the dirtiest team ever. Good times. I still miss hearing about Darth Platt and the Skating Mother Theresa's.
                        CAH is still with us. Which is both good and bad because I owe him many a beer.
                        My favorite was probably the threads of the women's DI board where UNHCat07 kept talking about PU getting their desevrings and Coach Nutty being... nutty.
                        Who was the PU coach who HAD TO BE FIRED TODAY!!!11!, for about 7 seasons? This was about the time of the legendary }PROVICED post.

I think "Umile has lost it" / "the game has passed him by" was part of that whole thing.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Who was the PU coach who HAD TO BE FIRED TODAY!!!11!, for about 7 seasons? This was about the time of the legendary }PROVICED post.

I think "Umile has lost it" / "the game has passed him by" was part of that whole thing.
                          Weirdest thing about 2003 around here was it seemed Easterners were for the Gophers, Westerners for UHN.

Comment

I remember seeing a few UNH fans at the frozen four in at Paul 2002 who watched the final with paper bags over their heads. Classic

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Pooley was the Providence coach that everybody wanted fired for something like 10 years running.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Does the one guy still send very detailed UMass-Dartmouth box scores? That's the only thing I remember from my limited time there.
                                No. Sara Fagan posts SLU summaries. That is about it on a regular basis.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X