Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Puck Swami was a DU poster who really added a lot to the board, but quit after I believe a player/player's family member took offense to something that PS posted here. PS always gave candid assessments of a team's play as he saw it, even though he was a diehard DU fan. As a poster he is missed, I'm sure.
    He was getting a bit weird though. He had this crazy conspiracy theory that when the BTHC became official the Big Ten schools would just schedule each other and DU would go under because of it. Before that though he was about as good as it gets.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by sagard View Post
    Weirdest thing about 2003 around here was it seemed Easterners were for the Gophers, Westerners for UHN.
    Yeah until the Gophers won then they all started whining. I remember the guy who went frame by frame to explain how Vanek interfered with the goalie on his ridiculous GWG.

And even though Donald was nuts...Drop the Puck was fun when he mocked "Robot Hockey" and went on his rants about either the Gophers or his own squad UAA.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    I think he left because someone didn't like his DU game recaps and found him in real life to let him know about it.
    Apparently, he was a former DU or professional player. Whoever took part in the Denver FF Poster's game met him, and said that you'd know who he was if they gave out his name. I never bothered researching it from there, his identity is none of my business.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Who was the PU coach who HAD TO BE FIRED TODAY!!!11!, for about 7 seasons? This was about the time of the legendary }PROVICED post.

I think "Umile has lost it" / "the game has passed him by" was part of that whole thing.
    Fire Pooley morphed into Fire Army very quickly...
    The thread I really want to find is the one about Ferris State and the Dumby Barn.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Fire Pooley morphed into Fire Army very quickly...
    I looked up career stats, and Pooley was 2 games off from being a 0.500 coach. Army was much, much worse.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I did not join Hockey-L until a couple of years after it started. I remember thinking at the time that it turned 30 that it seemed like a long time between when I joined it and when I came here, but it wasn't.
    I was looking through the archives for old box scores and I saw a post by you and thought, "Hey, that name looks familiar!"

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I looked up career stats, and Pooley was 2 games off from being a 0.500 coach. Army was much, much worse.
    Pooley had a crazy post season run in 1995 and good seasons in 1996, 1999, 2001 and 2003 and he’s been great at Notre Dame as an associate coach. It's possible we were unfair to him.
    Army’s first season was okay. Everything after that was disappointing.
    Last edited by Jon; 11-26-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    I was looking through the archives for old box scores and I saw a post by you and thought, "Hey, that name looks familiar!"
    I was thrilled when I found Hockey-L because it was still very difficult to find anything about college hockey here in DC at that time. Just about everyone used their real name there, and I carried that over here. I have wanted for a long time to change it but have been too lazy to attempt to do so. Thankfully, because of the late computer game pioneer whom I shared a name with, it takes some effort to find anything about me on the Internet.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I miss Puck Swami.
    One of the few DU posters I can't recall getting into it with during the NCHC exodus. Him and ASaaG.

Also, kick PROVICED out of Hockey Rast!

EDIT: And Fire Timmay! (even when Maine was still making the playoffs regularly)
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-26-2019 at 01:33 PM.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Pooley had a crazy post season run in 1995 and good seasons in 1996, 1999, 2001 and 2003 and he’s been great at Norte Dame as an associate coach.
    Army’s first season was okay. Everything after that was disappointing.
    Dump and Watch, right?
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Dump and Watch, right?
    Or as the Freds used to say, Dump and Suck.

There was game at Lowell during the height of the Dump and Watch where PC spent the entirety of the third period cycling endlessly in the Lowell zone. The UML Pep Band began playing slow jazz tunes during stops in play. Fun.

I try to avoid the Cafe, not because I hate non-hockey conversations, but I have a feeling that my political commentary would involve endless complaining about every side of the political spectrum until everyone hated me expect the cat.
    Last edited by Jon; 11-26-2019 at 01:59 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    No. Sara Fagan posts SLU summaries. That is about it on a regular basis.
    My god, still? She was doing that when I was there in 1993.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Inspired by Actual Events

I used to enjoy aggravating Foxton and Priceless who were deadly serious about winning the internet. Priceless has undergone a few identity changes since and has matured enough that I don't recognize him/her by that trademark insane ranting anymore (if they are still here). Foxton is probably in prison.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Also, kick PROVICED out of Hockey Rast!

EDIT: And Fire Timmay! (even when Maine was still making the playoffs regularly)
    You can't spell "pl__off chok___" with "Ayers"!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

The Dark One

until everyone hated me expect the cat.
    Your cat is expecting? Congratulations! I guess...
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Foxton is probably in prison.
    There are at least a half dozen USCHOers who I'd put money on either being in prison or killed in a bar fight. That's in addition to the one I'm assuming has been astrally projected to the Reptilian planet before he could foil The Plan.
    Cornell University
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

I try to avoid the Cafe, not because I hate non-hockey conversations, but I have a feeling that my political commentary would involve endless complaining about every side of the political spectrum until everyone hated me expect the cat.
    Just caught the cat giving you the side eye.
    Cornell University

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    My god, still? She was doing that when I was there in 1993.
    As of the past weekend, she was still doing it.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Foxton is probably in prison.
    I know you're speculating, but I'd hope that's not remotely true. Foxton would likely have an especially bad time in prison...

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I know you're speculating, but I'd hope that's not remotely true. Foxton would likely have an especially bad time in prison...
    Foxton has a hard time not lashing out at people. That doesn't go over well in prison.

Thread Information