No announcement yet.

USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I’d say a surprisingly large chunk of my friends in real life actually came from Gopher Puck Live before I got the boot.
    Same here (well, POI/GPL and here). Most of my college friends are still either in Grand Forks or scattered all over the country (which is a given considering the field a lot of us are in), and as anyone who has ever met me will tell you...I'm not the most talkative person in the world when I just meet people.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

And to be honest, I don’t have intellectual conversations - about politics, culture, science, economics, everything - much of anywhere else like I do on here. The cafe is unlike anywhere else I’ve found in person or online.

They’re pretty much limited to holidays with the family. My dad, uncle, aunt, and I try to solve the world’s problems every thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        ...and as anyone who has ever met me will tell you...I'm not the most talkative person in the world when I just meet people.
        We know, you brick.

MT: Got your email, yeah I figure Foxton is still quite pi55ed at a lot of Techies. Can't say we didn't earn it. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          As Hammer said, Hot Or Not (poll). That's when they banned IMG.
          I thought it was the Haiku or Haku thread that got IMG banned.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            I thought it was the Haiku or Haku thread that got IMG banned.
            The hot chicks thread didn't help matters either...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Here’s my question, as forums die, how do people of common interests meet anymore? Local clubs feel like even more of ancient history.

Do they just bleat on twitter and hope for followers? I feel old. And out of touch.

I’d say a surprisingly large chunk of my friends in real life actually came from Gopher Puck Live before I got the boot.
              For here, you show up at games.
              I'm learning the craft beer industry, since I know I won't be able to do my job when I'm 60, so I better have a backup plan, and that's why I am into the beer groups, talk to brewery staffs and such.
              I have my childhood friends, and I have my hockey friends. The Annual Houghton Trip is more of a family reunion for me compared to a fun trip with friends.

Puck Swami was very protective of his private life. I met him in '08 in Denver at the Posters' Game and at one of the bars when I first arrived in Denver. He was particular in who he met, he didn't want certain people (common posters) to know who he was. That dude....hearing stories from college hockey history? Amazing.

Yes, too many have passed, it sucks. Erin was a young'n, that's especially tough.

And now this ignites the memory of RStarr. Allegedly a nurse, who got high all the time, and stiffed Quizmire (IIRC) on a donation thing or something. Also met her in 2008.....well......a bunch of us stalked her out at the arena to get Quiz's money........she was a piece of work....
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

For here, you show up at games.
                I'm learning the craft beer industry, since I know I won't be able to do my job when I'm 60, so I better have a backup plan, and that's why I am into the beer groups, talk to brewery staffs and such.
                I have my childhood friends, and I have my hockey friends. The Annual Houghton Trip is more of a family reunion for me compared to a fun trip with friends.

Puck Swami was very protective of his private life. I met him in '08 in Denver at the Posters' Game and at one of the bars when I first arrived in Denver. He was particular in who he met, he didn't want certain people (common posters) to know who he was. That dude....hearing stories from college hockey history? Amazing.

Yes, too many have passed, it sucks. Erin was a young'n, that's especially tough.

And now this ignites the memory of RStarr. Allegedly a nurse, who got high all the time, and stiffed Quizmire (IIRC) on a donation thing or something. Also met her in 2008.....well......a bunch of us stalked her out at the arena to get Quiz's money........she was a piece of work....
                I remember her! She was.... entertainment. Did you get Quiz's money.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  I think we eventually did? I'd like to believe that, anyways.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    I remember her and another female poster getting into a heated argument about hair.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      Priceless is here and very active under a different name.
                      and still immature
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Remember when she posted a pic, and DL thought she was hot?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Remember when she posted a pic, and DL thought she was hot?
                          She wasn't particularly bad (c) Beer Pong Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Foxton's doing just fine. Saw her two weekends ago when my wife (also a USCHO poster, but didn't post much) went back to NMU for the weekend.
                            I didn't realize that Foxton is female.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I didn't realize that Foxton is female.
                              Foxton, as far as I know, had the same procedure done as Miss Thundercat. But frankly, total arsehole from Day 1 when I met him (now her) many years ago.

Comment

Foxton had anger issues, but being outed (and heavily mocked for it) on here did not help matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X